I still don't quite understand why this is so many people's favorite part of what has been animated so far

I still don't quite understand why this is so many people's favorite part of what has been animated so far.

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts why specifically this was better than previous parts. Please be a specific as you can. What did this part do better than previous parts, etc.

Comfiest setting, mystery genre, most entertaining main squad, unique stands with better battles than part 3

Are we talkin' 'bout the anime specifically, or Part 4 in general?

Kira is by far the best villain in the series. They also had interesting stands that were defeated in interesting ways.

Kira carried the whole anime. It was almost unwatchable until his time came around, and when it did I found myself cheering him on far more than the protaganists because he truly was the underdog. He gave it his all but he was solo against a rather large group of stand users who only managed to best him in the first place because of a literal ghost.

Having your everyday highschool life be turned into hunting down a quirky murderer is easier to self-insert into for underage faggots. Plus they get more than one character to realistically self-insert into.

every other part is less relatable

It had Rohan.

This pretty much

Morioh looks generic enough that it could be any kind of modern small town and it just hits closer to home for that reason

part 6 is the best part

except for that overly long arc about that weird swamp boat stand

i asked to be specific. what made them more entertaining? taking place in one town, being "comfy," is a valid reason?

the anime.

why?

what about them?

Had a villain with actual personality (non-stock) and was present, actually doing things throughout the story. Also, the stand battles were great from the start instead of starting out mediocre like SC. Also, msst of the main characters are people that I'd actually not mind having as friends.

This helped too.

when you say "actually had a personality" you mean Dio and the Pillarmen had no personalities?

Josuke is cute.

you missed the "non-stock" part, and I was only referring to Kars and Dio

It's the most Post-DBZ Shonen Jojo's ever gets, so its very easy for people to get into.

I don't either. I enjoyed part 2 much more. The final arc of part 4 was great but nothing else stands out to me.

Part 3 was the shittiest part of the series

>being "comfy," is a valid reason?
It is and I dunno why people get triggered by people saying this now as opposed to not really giving a shit only a few months ago. It refers to a certain type of atmosphere, as opposed to tense or suspenseful it feels inviting/cozy.

I guess people could just say muh atmosphere which you guys would be fine with despite being even more vague a reason.

why?

>I like that it is colorful. It’s has the most Araki feel to it with the yellow skies and green roads. The part 3 anime had some shit color design: everything was dull and not vibrant , aside from DIO and some of the stands.
>Part 4 had more condensed fights. The fights weren’t dragged out like in the part 3 anime.
>The main group is better. I like old Joseph and polnareff, but the part 4 group was more entertaining to me. They are friends, and they work together the most out of all the groups in the series.
>Better music. I like noble pope, iffy death theme, and jotaro’s theme, but the music of part 4 was more energetic.
>Crazy diamond is my favorite stand. They state it’s ability early on, and it works with and around it the entire part.

Because everyone knows it and Jojo's was an obscure fun series that not that many people knew about until Part 3 exploded into popularity. And its tropes and gimmicks make the series way weirder than its suppose to be and ruined the rest of the series.

thats not a very good reason

>X is good because Y is bad.

Say what makes X good compared to previous parts. Only few here can actually do that.

I like part for but at just so normal. I read jojo for Aztec vampires and reality bending presidents, not a slightly supernatural murder mystery

I know that filesize...

>cheering on a serial killer
this is just you being autistic and a contrarian. The character is awesome, but "cheering him on" is 13 year old edgyfag tier

Based hair poster

I'm not him but I did start to want him to succeed around when he got his dad blown up and the rest of the crew (((((conveniently))))) showed up. He was just so fucked that seeing him live would've been entertaining

Kira is a realistic portrayal of a villain. He's not out for world domination, he just has an odd fetish (common among actual serial killers) and enough of an apathetic response to others suffering that he's willing to kill to get his fill. And unlike typical villains are prone to do, he isn't interested in making his presence known, as he'd rather live a comfortable life while getting to have fun with his sick hobby, as again, many actual serial killers do. This also makes Kira a frightening figure. He's the earnest, hard working business man with rotting hands hidden on him, the predator hiding as one of the herd. He's a sensible, fleshed out character.

For once, OP is not a fag and has good taste.

I never thought that it was even possible.

>part 3 is bad because its the most popular

>It's bad because it's popular

hipsters

Purest Jojo. Jonathanfags better remember how he didn't die a virgin.

Do not bully YoYo Ma

I liked part 4 the first time I read it, for the uniqueness of a mundane setting with stand users but I was pretty neutral on the cast aside from Rohan and Koichi and didn't like Kira.
Upon revisiting I just can't stand how unbelievably boring/annoying the cast is, how dull most arcs are. And I still think Kira is banal and stupid.
I like the idea of it all but it's not done well.

(you)

I think it would've worked better if it had more perspective from Josuke, instead it feels like a fucking photo album of a story where things sometimes happen and other times just don't.

I think it's fun, but overstayed its welcome. I would've enjoyed it far better without Red Hot Chilli Peppers shit.

YoYo Ma was funny at least and had Jolyne/Anasui interactions

I actually still prefer part 2, but outside of that part 4 gets second place.

Stands are generally more creative than part 3's and I like how there's a stronger sense of recurring elements, with former enemies of the week often appearing again, unlike in part 3 where almost everyone after the party was initially formed was just a done in one encounter.

Although the villain isn't quite as active as I'd like for him to be, he still has much more presence than Part 3 Dio, who really only becomes active for the final battle itself.

>I still don't quite understand why this is so many people's favorite part
So then, you're autistic, I see.

So what the hell was that part where Josuke travels back in time and saves himself as a kid? I can't believe they just left that plot thread hanging.

So do you think people with the same hairstyle are all the same person?

Why didn't they just use Kosaku's dental records to identify him? He clearly still has his teeth in the anime and manga.

Araki can't write for shit in the long run. He'll forget about plotpoints as soon as the arc ends.
The reason Jojo works is because it's divided in small arcs full of suspense.
He's a good short horror story writer with a terrible fashion sense.

>plot thread
It's literally just a backstory told from somebody else's perspective.

For me, it's because several side characters made more than one appearance, even former minor antagonists. Really gives you the small town vibe, and also getting to see them interact with each other. It's probably why Hol Horse is memorable too, since he has more appearance thus allowing some character development, however minor it is.

Because that's Kira's body and therefore those are Kira's teeth.

(You)