Squabbling about religion in fucking 2018

>squabbling about religion in fucking 2018
>religion has been debunked by some bearded Greek guy thousands of years ago

How will godcucks ever recover?

Attached: ae19036126ba27fd163dec8d5f805918.jpg (1600x1200, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Controversy_(book)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He first needs to prove "evil" exists.
Everything is evil in others persons eyes

I wish hiro would make a religion board already

Go read some old cultural anthropology textbooks. Not the new ones, those are politically correct worthless shit.
because.. pic

Attached: time nor crayons to explain.jpg (1024x768, 56K)

Atheism goes hand-in-hand with extinction.

Attached: 24562555342634534534532453453.jpg (1399x1013, 301K)

Slide thread

(1) I've given talks on Epicureanism and it doesn't actually disprove shit
(2) slide thread

Evil is entirely subjective based on human perceptions. God is not malevolent just because "evil" exists and he does nothing to stop it, you weren't meant to have a perfect life without struggles

Never get tired of the logic of the ancient.

>free will and TEST
stoics BTFO. Seriously though why is this board so swamped with Enlightenments, Pagans and Atheists using whatever neo-platonic/stoic/hindu/odin/dawkins they can find to call this simple dude Jesus Christ a kike-on-a-stick larp for some reason.

Epicurian...what about hedonism.

Faggots like him and Socrates led to the christcuck morality.

This, seriously fuck off.

Free will

>Epicurian...what about hedonism.
A common mistake. Epicurean being related to hedonism is a later, christian, difamation propaganda.

mb im retarded but are you the spain bro from a /philosophy/ thread the other day with a good reading list ending on pistis sophia perhaps?

You are a completely ignorant and unread faggot. Epicurus was not an atheist. If you were educated to any degree beyond /r/faggots, you would know this.

/Thread

Must be another Spainbro.

Free will doesn't exist. You're all just as scripted as your average Bethesda NPC.

Attached: Death-does-not-concern-us.jpg (551x551, 70K)

>>Faggots like him and Socrates
>Une putain de feuille
What's wrong with the socratic elenchos, faggot, too much of a brainlet to understand a simple logical train of thoughts?

If God did all the work then what would make you Good?

Wow that is the worst pseudo intellectual shite I've ever read. What a fucking dunce. Why not fucking kys TODAY if death doesn't matter? What the FUCK

You can kill yourself today if that's what you want. I certainly wouldn't stop you.

>implying the evil isnt intentioned
How will epicurus ever recover?

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Truly impressive retort. Truly in this moment I have accepted nihilism as the supreme philosophy and will promptly put up edgy Marilyn Manson posters in my room

How can anything be called evil or good without a transcendent moral standard?

Why kill myself ever? It won't change the fact that existence is infinite and I'll just go back to life again. It's better to focus on the things that make you happy.

Attached: 1521391892204.jpg (756x1045, 163K)

This is an American board, idiot.

What would that do, lad?

Did you not finish reading the quote? "Then he is Malevolent". Enjoy worshiping your evil god. Go sacrifice a goat to him on your altar.

God's a bored sadist asshole.

Attached: 0c0e174c941496c081fbbff983910f6b--fate.jpg (564x906, 104K)

>is God willing to prevent evil
No.
>b-but that means he is malevolent!
No.

Epicurus is a faggot and you are all retarded.

Malevolent implies he is strictly evil, this simply isnt true.

>Religion debunked
Nope.

Then miracles aren't real either, cuck.

Attached: 1521391816362.jpg (512x724, 375K)

>insinuating that God has a human perspective on the world

>Then miracles aren't real either
You're alive, arent you?

Not that this bothers me, but it is a total non-sequitur. Not that I’m surprised, atheists can’t into logic.

Which religion though? There's like a million of them.

Attached: 1521363085327.jpg (2581x2500, 3.07M)

>Focus on things that make you happy
>Lose your job because your mom dies and you're too sad to function
>Kill self because no source of happiness
Alternatively
>Pursue happiness
>Be infantilized: smoke weed, watch children's cartoons, jack off EVERY DAY
>Be surprised when you're 30 and have accomplished nothing
>kill self

Your worldview that life is meaningless therefore we should pursue happiness is pathetic and crumbles as soon as life gets tough.

Firstly he didn’t even say that it was attributed to him after he died by some know-nothing atheshit.
Secondly, Epicurus actually debunked this argument by explaining how it presumes too much by using the terms “good” and “evil”.

>presumes too much by using the terms “good” and “evil”.
Winner

Life is the meaning.

Attached: 4a772d909d1becd2baad5cf86db9d633.jpg (736x1040, 94K)

Better have a wife and create some more life then faggot

>Implying that isn't one of my goals

Attached: 1521379355192.jpg (800x1131, 427K)

>This birth rate meme.
Ideas are not organic beings, and as such reproduce and spread in a manner different than organic life. They are spread through discourse and discussion, propaganda and promotion. Many times these vectors prove more effective than standard reproduction, though I must admit it is still an effective channel in it's own right.
For instance, while you claim the 6 child average for the Amish, you ignore that some do leave their farmlands to seek out their lives elsewhere. Doing so gives them greater exposure to the world and it's vast stores of knowledge. As for the Muslims and Orthodox Jews, well, do you want them to breed so rapidly? Or the Africans, which I notice have been left out of the image, for that matter?
On a side note, the current situation of all of humanity is a rather unique and precarious one, where we must take great care and consideration before taking action. Otherwise we may end up over-consuming our available resources and leave future generations in a state of incredible famine, one where a good chunk may inevitably die, making prior extensive breeding ultimately pointless. We already see this happening in Africa, and it had happened before in China just after WWII.
I understand where you are coming from, calling Atheism a loser belief for not being able to sustain itself with it's numbers. Yet, in summary, you've made two fatal errors; assuming religious beliefs are similar to race and have the same requirements of growth, and assuming that the excessive growths of the populations as an inherently good thing.

Probably because this board is swamped with Christians seeking at every moment to constantly denounce, debate, and insult Atheists, Pagans, and others at every corner, much in the same way they acted for the past 18 centuries give or take.
There is actually an interesting argument for this increase in Christian zeal to be a backlash against the waning power of the Church over the course of many centuries ever since the dawn of the Renaissance, but that's a topic for another day.

WHO THE FUCK IS MAKING THESE THREADS. ITS NOT CHRISTIANS.

could be a good idea, but it would just be flamed with edgy redditors like OP all the time.

Well someone has to be. I see numerous threads up all the time calling Atheism bullshit or Paganism unenlightened. In fact, earlier this year, I'd say they outnumbered the pro atheist threads 4-1.

>birth rates are now a meme
>we can see the world reshaping because many populaces are not replinishing themselves
>a meme
lel ok, glad your family line is dying with you, dipshit.

>Paganism
doesn't exist and hasn't existed in most countries developed for 1500 years.
Pagans are just atheists LARPing, they know Odin and Zeus arent a real thing.

It would be like an Italian getting butthurt and start speaking Latin again, Latin would still be a dead language. (though I know Latin language is more alive than paganism, even with the cringey "neo-pagans")

Oh, I never said I wasn't going to breed. I simply was putting minor holes in your reasoning.
>Because populations are not replenishing themselves.
More likely it's because the population growth of certain groups, in particular the Arab, the Jew, and the African, have spiraled out of control. Much like what happens when the natural predators of an ecosystem are taken out; the prey's population inflates uncontrollably before devouring all resources and starve. Except some groups are keeping the Africans and the Arabs alive and with access to ease of survival.
I assure you that if you exterminated a mere half of these groups, reducing the population of the world greatly to about 5 billion, you will see a resurgence in the general fertility of Atheism. Or you could just get China to remove it's one child policy, since those statistics seem to be covering global demographics.

Fair enough I suppose, doesn't mean there hasn't been a strong backlash against it from the Christians on this board.

>pagans are just atheists LARPing, they know Odin and Zeus arent a real thing
This is one of the more cringey projections common to religious discussions here.
>guys, guys, there are non-Christians here!
>I know, let's just decide amongst ourselves that they don't really believe anything
>it will make us feel better
Absolute moral and intellectual cowardice.

Strawman train of thought is still an illogical fallacy.

Evil or sin is everything void of truth and God. It's missing the mark, which is a form separation. There's also humanities free will and God's sovereignty.

free will can't exist if there's an omniscient god

Free will and all knowing is mutually exclusive.

Mortal men are mere playthings to the will of the gods.

Attached: melting face.jpg (2040x2048, 556K)

yes, that's what i just said. you can't have both

depends if you define all-knowing to include what does not exist. If the future doesn't exist it doesn't fall within possible knowledge and so you can make free decisions which God would know instantaneously but they'd still be free.

>Fucking Epicurus
Have you ever studied his doctrine? It's fucking retarded, and any stoic, Christian, or non-retard will tell you that. I've always thought Epicureans were fucking retarded.

No. As in one does not exclude the other. Both can exist on their merits independent of each other.

>As in one does not exclude the other.

either god knows exactly what i'm going to do tomorrow, or he doesn't

if he does, then i clearly don't have free will, since any choices i might make are entirely predetermined, since they are known by god
if he doesn't know what i'm going to do tomorrow, then he's clearly not all-knowing.
qed
welcome to 4th grade

And the Bible is actually pretty clear that God is not omniscient, despite Christians being taught differently.
Just as one (of many) examples is God’s first question to Adam:
>WHERE
>ART
>THOU?
God’s omniscience was his first great sacrifice to make us. His omnipotence was his second Great sacrifice to save us. His omnibenevolence is his ultimate goal to House us.
This is what the Bible teaches that the church does not.

Youre right in that free will doesnt exist in a literal sense.
However, on the fact that the variables and stimuli that effect our lives are constantly changing and are compounded on each other by the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet interacting with each other.
Saying free will doesnt exist because reactions are predetermined is like saying weather doesnt exist because climate is predetermined.

That's where quantum computing comes in that laws of probability is crunch so much to that one could for see future outcomes with the high level certitude.

This will Activate your alominds. God says that we are co-authors to our faith and destiny.

very well

you have choosen "other" than Christ.

instead of life you have chosen death

just as it is the choice of all free, living, free thinking beings made by our creator

all the so called 'atheists' are just as religious as hardcore christians or muzzie terrorists. Their religion is just called 'liberalism' or 'leftieism'.

>him and Socrates led to the christcuck morality.

No. Christcuck morality was created by the Jews

Just because God knows what you're going to do does not mean God will intervene or even if God did, how would you even know does not negate being all knowing.

That's like me reading your schedule and because I know what your going to do then you have no free will. One does not exclude the other. You are a free will being despite someone else knowing what your going to do or not do.

What LMAO?!

>Wow that is the worst pseudo intellectual shite I've ever read. What a fucking dunce. Why not fucking kys TODAY if death doesn't matter? What the FUCK

There is no reason to kys, because death does not matter. If it cums, it cums.

What exactly was I unclear about?

>Malevolent implies he is strictly evil, this simply isnt true.

He is evil by virtue of refusing to eliminate evil although he HAS the ability to.

this quote wasnt his. a bishop attributed it to him.

epicureans recommended sun and moon worship.

>total non-sequitur

Using big boy words. do you even know what 'non-sequitur' means?

>Better have a wife

Jakes on you for getting married in the US

>>brb get married b/c of true wuv
>>brb wifey goes on tinder
>>brb wifey cheats on you with a BBC chad
>>brb wifey gets pregnant
>>brb you raise other man's child
>>brb she divorces you because she is 'unnnnhaaapppyyy'
>>brb you still have to pay child support
>>brb ex-wifey uses your child support payment to buy gucci handbags
>>brb child hates you
>>brb you go bankrupt
>>brb you go to prison for not paying child support
>>brb you kys
>>brb brb

There were two choices. Eat of the tree of life or live in duality of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Just because God knew Adam and Eve would screw and had his redemptive plan in the works doesn't mean you don't have free will. Cause and effect.

Thats your own desire, not that of God.

Since germs are animals they cannot into heaven, they so not have a soul. Stop talking about stuff that's for humans. Start talking about sauerkraut.

Attached: 1521672319-017-286.jpg (324x500, 47K)

Hol up hol up, just because your not clued into God's plan to eliminate evil doesn't mean he memelvent. It only means you have no clue, as in knowledge exist to an answere outside of your sphere

oh for heaven's sake just be serious

>Just as one (of many) examples is God’s first question to Adam:

>where art thou?

>shucks golly shit-fucking gee im just totally befuddled what the shit could be happening there except God not having a clue where he was, why come else he would ask that? *shrug*

you are a piece of shit oxygen thief
jesus

If I didn’t, why wouldn’t I google it before responding here?
It’s obvious you don’t know what it means though, since I used it correctly.
Why would you click six cars just to seem retarded?

Which god?

I personally don't care whether he eliminates evil or not. I think evil makes the world more fun, desu. I'm just explaining the logic.

If he had a plan to eliminate evil, there would be no evil then no?

>germs
>animals

yeah ok

>animals
>cant into heaven

You imbecile:
Isaiah 11:6
Isaiah 65:25

seriously.

Crom

Doesn't this presuppose the infallibility of syllogistic logic? Didn't Godel show that no formal logical system can be truly consistent? How can I be sure that human logic defines natural truth?

"god"??

there is none
there is only "God"
and only one

There won't be, no.

Evil is temporary, as is your life.

BECAUSE I'M SCARED OKAY? I'M SCARED OF DYING AND THERE BEING NOTHING SO IF I BELIEVE THERE'S AN AFTERLIFE AND SOULS MAYBE I WON'T BE AS SCARED.

He does have a plan, but it isnt done yet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Controversy_(book)

>Isaiah 11:6
>Isaiah 65:25

Both of those refer to the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on earth, where there will not only be germs and animals, but unrepentant human beings as well, born during this time where everything is literally ideal.

So you worship a deciever? One who tricks and fools?
Hmmm...

>Didn't Godel show that no formal logical system can be truly consistent?

yeah.... no

thats not what a shows
you misunderstand Godel

You should actually be far more afraid of an afterlife you are not prepared for than the sweet, sweet nothingness that preceded your conception.

based leaf

Attached: canadian masterrace.jpg (1207x1515, 754K)

hypothetically, can you even describe a world where there is no evil?