Why on earth hasn't a shounen fight topped this yet?

Why on earth hasn't a shounen fight topped this yet?

I has.

Gurren Laggan did

Are you forgetting the hisoka vs gon fight? complete with orgasm

Ricardo Martínez vs. Eiji Date
Meruem vs. Netero
Even Goku vs. Frieza

Litterally every other fight in OPM

OPM fights are so shit with no emotional stakes in them.

Look at the fights that isn't Saitamas

>comedy
>emotional stakes

Man Namek looked so shit in the anime.

Best shonen fight coming through.

gurren was shit

no
no
it was good but no

too exaggerated

Mumen Rider vs Sea King
Fuck it's basically Rock Lee vs Gaara contained to less than an episode without the Rock Lee character doing much damaging but still getting the point across.

babby's first good battle
Gurren Lagan is shit
This one was good
Good picks
Murata is a genius

imo nothing has ever topped Saito vs Battousai, was tense, had a great pacing, a good soundtrack and was overall creative without jumping the shark

Tons have, that's not even the best fight in naruto

Pretty much this
MUH STAKES!!!

he then beats him in one punch, right?

the animation is pretty good though.

>Saitama vs Genos
>Saitama vs Boros
>Saitama vs Garou
>No emotional stakes
(you)

You mean like Garra vs Rock Lee.

This fight

Ippo vs Sendou second fight

Why has DB Super not had ONE good battle on par with Vegeta vs Goku or Goku vs Piccolo? The fight choreography in that series is a joke. Literally I can't think of one fight even on par with Vegeta vs Recoome.

What emotional stake did Saitama vs. Boros have?

Piccolo vs Goku at the 23rd tournament was better.

dude it's clear you don't get OPM.
Saitama vs Boros had a ton of development for Saitama, it was the first time he has fun in a long while, while also being fully aware that he can easily win this. It helps give saitama some faith that one day he can find a thrilling and amusing fight again.

STILL no emotional investment other than ok he's slightly less bored now. I get that OPM is really popular and full of fun for everyone, but there is no build up which is why there are tons of other characters in the series that get a lot more screen time. The Garou stuff now is infinitely more interesting than Saitama's tired oblivious shtick and even then it's just on par with typical edgy shonen rival/bad guy stuff.

Not even in the top 20 Gash fights according to Sup Forums

Because Toriyama was in his prime during those fights, and Super is just milking the cash cow.
I could agree to that, it's just a matter of preference. There are many fights in Dragon Ball that are top tier.

Both Naruto and Sasuke fights.

good animation isnt all a fight is about.
this is why i fucking hate opm faggots.
retards.

If it was than Freeza vs Goku pre ToP>>>>most of OPM fights. Hell you could argue Kefla vs Goku>>mos OPM fights

>he thinks Saitama was the protagonist in the Boros fight
There's a reason why we hear Boro's inner monologue and why they mirrored Saitama's heartbeat hype thing from his dream in Ep1 for Boros.

I thought the thumbnail was that fight for a second, and I was in agreement

>you could argue Kefla vs Goku>>mos OPM fights
>DBSfags think that way
I'm not surprised

If it was all about stakes then you're literally looking for drama and this is not the genre for you.
That's a goddamned lie.
Nothing in Super has any stakes or weight. Hell none of the fights make any logical sense.
They just happen.

>but there is no build up
As a OPMfag, I agree.
Season 1 was mostly episodic, but after king's arc ONE probably noticed that and now we have fuckton of build up for the MA and garou's arc

>They just happen.
Consider actually watching the show sometime.

>with no emotional stakes in them.
What did he mean by this?

Find me a better entrance to a fight

Is there an anime character more handsome than Garou?

I really need to reread this already.

Glad I dropped Dr. Stone, this sure looks dumb.

What awful art.

If it's not too high IQ for you.

Gurren laggan fights in comparison to most fights in naruto

Has there been a better body horror manga than Baki?

>shounen

This one has better tactics and adjustments, though.

But this isn't Dr stone

This

>muh no stakes!
Here are some emotional stakes

That looks awful.

You look worse.

>muh speedlines

Naruto and Sasuke fights sucked

>Gash vs Barry
They dont ever have another fight right?

When was the last time you saw the original Naruto v Sasuke? Technically in powerlevels it was on a greater scale than Gaara vs Lee, but in terms of narrative and animation the latter was way better

Gurren Lagann is so goddamn fucking overrated that the people who endlessly hype it up are the ones who do more damage to it than the actual show. I swear, I marathon'd Gurren Lagann for the first time two years ago and barely remember a fucking thing about it.

>Ricardo vs Date
Fuck no, Ippo vs Volg and Ippo vs Sendo 2 are the pinnacles of the series. Date gets one-sided sweeped by Ricardo for it to be considered a fight.

Reminder that the average JoJo fight is better that the so-called "best fights" in other manga.
Pic related is one of the best in JoJo, so good that nothing outside JoJo will never top it.

I like how the dude saying "babby's first good battle" is the one who posts a DB pic

He had to go "serious"

OPM is seinen

Anything in HxH is better than it.

Garbage-tier series

Mirio vs OH

>Tfw had to skip skip 2 chapters from grateful dead battle because of how boring and repeatitive that shit has become

Toguro vs Yusuke
Kenshin vs Saito
Kenshin vs Shishio
Most OPM fights
Goku vs Vegeta
Vegeta vs Recoome

Honestly the flashbacks in the Rock Lee fight was too long.

O MY LITERAL ASSPULLED NUKE

Lol comparing kenshin to Naruto is like comparing comparing Batman and Robin to the dark knight.
On its best day kenshin couldn't lace up Naruto boots.

>Honestly the flashbacks in the Rock Lee fight was too long

yeah true, the first time they were fine but on rewatched the flashbacks are grating as hell and take up more screentime than the fight itself

also wasn't too keen on them getting dangerously close to ripping off piccolo vs frieza

Right

Dubs confirm.
The only ones who disagree are those who haven't read JoJo

reminder
DBS is NOT Toriyama's work

it was surpassed

Gintama "fight" arcs are fucking shit mate. Dont you kid yourself, the last arc is a mistake

Literally better than the final boss fight of that arc. Demolt is so fucking badass

give me an arc better than shogun assasination in shonen

Every JoJo arc

That was easy

the recent fight in UQ holder was pretty good too. Cutless vs 2 immortal guy, 1 with the video game mechanic and one who is an immortal samurai.

Minus infinite point for that shit tier art, minus another infinite point for that shit tier scan

You mean all 5 of them?

There are like 25

I preferred Poppu's final fight with Sigma. Actually all of Poppu's fights were pretty awesome.