Whats the most boring and pointless anime you ever watched?

Whats the most boring and pointless anime you ever watched?

For me its probably .Hack Sign
Seriously its not only painfully slow it has literally no payoff.
I dont mind that it has almost no action a lot of anime i enjoyed ware mostly talking and im also one of those guys who enjoys some text heavy games whats an actual issue for me is that you have entire episodes that are just slow boring conversations that dont lead an anywhere and have no payoff.
The entire anime story could have bean told in less than 12 episodes but someone decided it needs to have 26.
The only reason i watched it in the first place was hope that it expands on the story of Hack games but it added literally same amount of backstory i could have gotten from a short wiki description.

>Lacking the emotional capacity and brain cells to enjoy .hack//sign

Watched it when I was between the ages of 10-12 thought it was very deep and a cool premise. Tried to rewatch I was 25 and couldn’t get through it

Did i day i didn't understand it.
I entirely understand its story and what happened hell it was even a bit interesting.
I just think it was told in a shit way that acualy ruined the story.

As kids we have a higher capacity to spend time on a single thing.
This is why as kids we probably had no problems marathoning anime or why kids can spend 1000 hours in micneraft.
When you get older you realize that time is not eternal you will in fact die one day. So now when something wastes your time you acualy start to resent it.
I acualy watched the anime at double the speed sometimes even more than double using media player classic because i am a fast reader.
Sometimes i even think the voicactors ware instructed to talk as slow as possible so the show can drag on as long as posible so they can sell more DVD volumes.
Which is not surprising seeing as the game was literally a JRPG that could fin on one disc stretched across 4 each sold as a full game.

For me, it's Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Harmagedon, Patlabor 2, Patlabor OVA, Patlabor TV (dropped), Perfect Blue

>being so mad you have to double post and playing
> "I'm an adult whose time is valuable. that's why I fast forward through my chinese cartoons and speedread
Maybe you should find other things to spend your time on

NHK

Gunbuster

For somereason only one thing made me so bored i wanted to kill myself and it was Log Horison

Konosuba. It had only 1 good joke and the rest were complete garbage.

I agree with you. It's quite awful.
Would have been nice if there was a little action or character fan service from the games. But even when they fought in dungeons, it was 4seconds of a 2-Hsword swipe followed by a 15minute conversation about the deal with airline food.

What was its good joke?

The one at the end of episode 2

Pic related is most long, boring, pretentious pile of shit ever made. Literally 76 episodes of nothing happening. Protagonist chases antagonist forever, only to let him get away. Lots of overly cheesy and melodramatic subplots along the way which amount to nothing, although this is to be expected from weebshit.
>i-it's not boring! it had suspense!
It fucking doesn't. Light Yagami trying to kill Naomi Misora, that's suspense. Tenma walking from point A to point B like an idiot has no suspense.

>I can't actually think of one so I'll name it by context instead of content
You ain't foolin' me nerd boy

Watch it and you'll understand that it's the only funny part of the show

I know. I was like 14 at the time, and I wasn't sure what I was expecting. But I was basically expecting Sword Art Online before I knew Sword Art Online existed.

At some point, I hated everyone in the show and wanted them to die. The fuckers would not stop talking. This was an MMORPG! You kill shit in an MMORPG!

What else should he spend his adult life upon? Drinking beer, watching sports show, watching the news where actual events involving dumb adults doing dumb adult things happen?

I think you're a bit too young for this show.

Nobari no Ou. It was exceptionally dull.

>grown man who watches japanese cartoons insists they're mature

Monogatari, what a pile of pseudo intellectual pretentious garbage.

Love Lab. 100% bland garbage

Probably a tie between Narutaru and Rahxephon.
Narutaru might have been an offensively bad pile of shlocky shock value, but Rahxephon, despite being marginally better, had its head so far up its own ass it could probably bite through its own throat, and was far more concerned with trying to look cryptic instead of having an actual plot or characters. The two-parter with the girl from inside Tokyo was actually good and almost restored the faith in the show I had, but then it all went back to blandness.

i tried so hard to have at least some fun with it
and I failed
3 - 4 episodes were somewhat good and the movie was great but the other episodes were absolutely boring

Infinite Stratos 1 and 2

>nothing happens
The number one criticism of anime by brainlets.

Literally I fell asleep in every fucking episode.

Eva

NHK's opening is kino of the kinos. Then it very rapidly degrades into a complete fucking mess (just like the manga)

I actually really like the first episode, saddly its the only good one

the first few are alright in my book but yeah the first one stands out

i don't remember the name but it was an anime of 3 criminals fighting other criminals for money, i remember that it had only 3 episodes and it was rushed as shit.

Yeah, this shit was pretty dull.

THIS