Madhouse's successor they said

>Madhouse's successor they said
What went so horribly wrong?

Nothing.

Nothing.
In this corner is probably one of favorite movie made this decade. I put it over your name and knk.

Guess people got tired of baiting SHAFT and kyoani fans and decided to bait good studios now

>1 good movie
>over a dozen mediocre to terrible TV anime
>nothing went wrong
>good studio
Is this some kind of denial at work?
Do you even know Madhouse catalogue?

thinking to watch kid on slope it looks better than the other shit they made , am i right ?

>What went so right?

FIFY.

It's better than the other shit on the pic but it's still an extremely mediocre and by the number Josei.

Too many projects per season.

>Punchline
But it was great.

Good music, good VAs but it's josei melodrama.

Literally the only redeeming quality was the reverse trap.

>too many
2?

They are pretty good though.
Do you? Madhouse did a lot of stuff and not everything was good.

>josei
thanks for warning me anons , i hate that kind of shit

>They are pretty good though.
They're not.
>Do you? Madhouse did a lot of stuff and not everything was good.
Madhouse had more than a 1 : 20 good to shit or mediocre ratio.
Look at their 2000-2010 production, several masterpieces every year.

The soundtrack is pretty goat if you want to listen to it instead.

Better to make 1masterpiece than 10average shows.

>Look at their 2000-2010 production, several masterpieces every year

And then, the following year, Madhouse's founder left the studio to found *le dramatic gasp* MAPPA. Makes sense they barely have any decent projects since then.

Stop overrating Madhouse, they've made a shit ton of things that are worse than anything Mappa will ever do.

How was the vn? I remember starting it years ago, but never going too far in.

Ironically enough post-Mappa Madhouse still has a better track record than the new studio.
Mappa is pretty much the biggest disappointment of the decade. I guess that after Madhouse failed they decided they had to pander to the lowest common denominator to succeed.

And in the same year as Choas Head:
>Birdy the Mighty
>Casshern Sins
>Kaiba
>One Outs
Holy shit, Madhouse was truly terrible.

>1st decode
>good

>Highschool of the Dead
>Marvel
>Mahouka
>Btooom!
>Mahou Sensou
>Prince of Stride
>All Out
>Photo Kano
>better track record

Chihayafuru, Hunter x Hunter, Wolf Children, One-Punch Man, Kiseiju, ACCA, Death Billiards were better than everything Mappa attempted, save for In This Corner.
That's a better track record. It doesn't take much to beat Mappa's pathetic offering.

>What went so horribly wrong?
OP.

>Mappa has a defence force
Jesus Christ.
Are you all fujoshits, otomefags or something?
Is someone watching Inuyashiki unironically?
Have you enjoyed the by far worst Watanabe projects?

>Madhouse, a powerhouse studio, has 50+ anime projects over the past 7 years. More than half of those are shit tier
>MAPPA, a fairly new studio, has less than half of that number but has some pretty consistent shows + a critically acclaimed movie under their belt
>Better track record

Don't you get tired of making a fool of yourself?

I think the thing that stands out the most about modern Badhouse is that their adaptations are completely vapid. Just a bunch of shit like Parasyte that ruins the source with hollow visuals and horrendous audio direction.

>MAPPA now has 5 substudios
These kinds of failures should be replicated more often by everyone else.

The problem here seems to be you thinking that just because MAPPA is the studio behind Yuri On Ice, that's all they are about. Which is retarded even for Sup Forums standards

Kids on the slope was a good adaptation of bad source material, you can't blame mappa for having to animate joseishit.

That only describes Parasyte though, I don't know what went wrong with that show because it looks like ass. Their other recent adaptations are all solid production efforts with above average animation

I mentioned another show in the post and otomefags was obviously about Virgin Souls.
Or do you want to attempt to defend the other shows in the OP?
Or mediocre adaptions like U&T and insipid Toku anime?

>More than half of those are shit tier
As opposed to Mappa's 60+% shit tier?
>some pretty consistent shows
What, Garo? The pontless U&T adaption?
See

all of those were pretty subpar except wolf children

>It doesn't take much to beat Mappa's pathetic offering

>Muh shonen anime
Yea, of course you wouldn't like MAPPA. A-1 pictures is probably more up you alley, huh? How about that last SAO movie? Bet you creamed your pants.

i unironically like punch line.

Can't tell if falseflag or retarded.

good animation

too bad everything they animate turns out to be shit. who gave the fucking ok for punchline?

Agreed, it was good for what it was. It was treated too well for typical melodrama with such a good OST and acting.

There was no one doing QA seals.

Inuyashiki looks hideous.

I still hate MAPPA for how badly they adapted the Shoukoku no Altair.

Man, all of those shows are completely mediocre

Nothing awful but nothing great either, just middle of the road stuff

They let some old granny take over for bahamut S2. Fuck that.

I still don't get why that one dance scene in Bahamut was so incredibly well animated? Why?

>if I make this thread everyday someone will agree with me
Lame.

>Nothing awful
Those are some low standards user.
How are ZnT , SnB2 and Inuyashiki not awful?

it works though
Sup Forums is all about indoctrination

Those are all good shows though.

>entry level cancer thread
based

They're going after the gay fags.
After yol they're now doing literal gay prison rape.

Right now:
>Altair
>Vanishing Line
>Inuyashiki
On production:
>Yuri on Ice movie, maybe they are already working on S2
>New Ikuhara project
>Banana Fish
And I can bet they have others projects on their hands, they even had to open another studio.

>>New Ikuhara project
Potentially the only saving grace for this studio.

Won't it just be some weird pretty-girls-developing-adolescences-and-perhaps-also-lesbian-shit like yuri kuma?

But you just described Utena.

ZnT starts off alright, and then turns to shit after a certain character shows up.

And probably Penguin Drum.

Punch Line was great.

They let their best asset go out on his own.

They are a worth successor, both studios are garbage overrated by normalfag twats.

Anyway the project has potential because the recent Ikuhara shows all suffered from, lack of resources, and the production values are all Mappa shows have going for them (sometimes).
Of course if they don't go all out and it's another cheap show, this studio is dead to me.

People who don't like Punch Line just have shit taste, don't worry about them.

But MAPPA still hardly compares to the times Madhouse produced the best works by Koike, Yuasa, Kon or Kawajiri.

Go shill your shitty meme show elsewhere

>having shit taste
I bet you didn't even watch it.

Upvoted and shared.

>did Berserk
That fatass is genuine trash.

It'll be gay shit now, that's what the studio wants so male version of yuri kuma.

It's not even good (or so bad it's good) enough to be a meme.

What's wrong with Yuri on Ice?

But fujoshit is still girl characters doing girly drama shit, just with flat-chested girls that are voiced by dudes.

you forgot the worst one, Altair.

Yaoi can't be Kino. Only yuri can.

Not fujoshit, gayshit.
Fujoshit has feminine boys, gayshit is normal looking males.

>Enjoyed all of them apart from Punchline and Virgin Soul.
MAPPA are pretty solid though.

They only gets money from the fujoshit show

This. They're just pandering to fujoshit now because it's the only way they can make good money and SJW and progressives will praise them for being so brave so they'll get acclaim too.

PunchLine was good, user.

gayshit. not even good gay shit either. the rest was mediocre and could have been better. interesting ideas, half-assed execution.

MAPPA are fucking sellouts. Piss me out more than anything.

I liked Punch Line. It was so dumb and I nearly dropped it but by episode 5 it went above and beyond almost every show in its season, in my opinion.

The progress of the story became boring, the animation was 80% of the time awful. Overall it was not bad though. A lighthearted sports anime, no eccessive drama typical of this genre, and likeable characters.

So? Madhouse is too.

pacing was horrible, animation was garbage, and the reason there was no excessive drama and most of the characters likeable was because the writing was so shallow there wasn't much to get dramatic over and the side characters barely got any screentime to get really invested in even though they were more interesting than the gay duo who unfortunately took up most of the shows screentime with their shoujo-tier garbag "romance".

It had a lot of cool ideas, but the only good things about the show were sidelined or half-assed and ofcourse, they gave into the fujoshit meme which is making them money but not good anime.

I liked punchline

only fags like yuri on ice, shit taste

I loved it when Yuri On Ice totally won all the shitty meme-categories at that Crunchyroll-polling for "best anime in category XXX", even best animation of the year.
It made the entire CR-staff and their hired social content-manager goons salty forever.

Why are you all falling for this bait thread? It's been posted on Sup Forums with the same image time and time again and you still reply. What is even wrong with you user-dom?

We like to feed the troll.

I'm going to have to finish Virgin Soul and see what went so horribly wrong. People were pretty into it when it first started coming out and I kinda drifted off to other stuff.

I made that image today, and the thread absolutely isn't bait.
Or do you want to try to defend the garbage anime in the OP?

What went wrong is: the Dream Machine = never ever.

Madhouse for comparison.
Right now-
>Marvel Future Avengers
Next season:
>CSCC
>Overlord 2
>Uchuu yori mo Tooi Basho

>they even had to open another studio.
That was maruyama opening a new studio to do his own projects since mappa's investors don't want anything to do with him, he left madhouse with $30 million in debt before leaving.

>over a dozen mediocre to terrible TV anime
I can't think of anything they've done that's outright terrible. If anything they take up some very off-beat productions compared to the rest of industry. In that sense they really are the new madhouse. You are full of shit.

Even mediocre is stretching it. They have a diverse catalog. When you try so many things it's no wonder some won't be to your taste. No I didn't care for Yuri on Ice but I'm also not its demographic. Still it's good knowing those fujobux will go to future projects (many of which will be anime original which is another distinction that sets MAPPA apart) for years to come, so it's still a plus.

>I can't think of anything they've done that's outright terrible.
I can see several in the OP.

>No I didn't care for Yuri on Ice but I'm also not its demographic
Copout response. I'm not into guys fisting each others either, but and already explained why it's a bad show regardless of the gayshit.