Why is nobody getting isekai'd to sci-fi worlds?

Why is nobody getting isekai'd to sci-fi worlds?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/unparalleled-path-reincarnated-as-the-ai-for-a-space-battleship/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because then you wouldn't have elven waifubaitbait user

But you would have alien waifubait?

Space elves.

Because it is a shit premise, medieval is the patrician way to isekai'd your shit.

The popularity of Dragon Quest. Seriously though I don't know why. I would read or watch that.

Magic is easier to do than mechanical notes.

Thanks to Truck-kun a japanese nerd boy go to isekai as a cute girl with penis and build and pilot her own mecha robot.

because anyone can pick up a sword and start swinging it.

Spaceship/Space Opera Sci-fi in anime went out of style long ago. And blame Gundam, forcing gay robot designs down our visual throats.

I guess because it wouldn't work? A random guy in a sci-fi setting would be totally clueless, but in a fantasy setting, they could at least use their knowledge of european history. Also fantasy settings usually come with magic and the MC gets a special one.
It could only work in a setting similiar to Heavy Objects, where a normal guy would reinvent something people forget about. Either reinvent love in a dystopian stoic future to become a leader, or use tactics no one would dare with the proper knowledge.

Make it a laser sword then.

Because building a science fiction universe actually requires a bit of thought and imagination. If you're a hack it's much easier to just rip off Tolkien and make it cuter, and then throw in some DnD mechanics.

It would require some actual effort.

Giant robot > boring slabs of steel.

Sci-fi is not really ideal for Isekai audience.

How could you not want space elf pussy?

Why doesn't that one about the programmer being isekai'd to a world with Knights & Magic count as sci-fi?

>Because building a science fiction universe actually requires a bit of thought and imagination.
water planet, sand planet, lava planet, ice planet, techno planet.
not very hard

You have to get isekai'd by an electric truck

Why not? It's just a beginning plot convenience to force everyone to explain everything to the protagonist as well as the audience. The bad stuff comes with the super special powers the MC gets due to being trucked.

Selling toys has nothing to do with trending genre fiction. YuGiOh hasn't exactly prevented the resurgence of pure fantasy anime recently.

Anyway, SF isekai gas been done. Wataru, Lamune, Spaceship Girl Yamamoto Youko, The Last Starfighter etc.

Rave planet! Glam planet! Dubstep planet!

Is this count as isekai sci-fi?

Isekai no seikishi monogatari
>Gary stu mc? Check
>Females instantly fall in love with mc? Check
>Space elves and other humanoid races? Check
>Harem end? Cofirmed in the artbook
>not very hard
Nah you need some technobabble knowledge to write it
>And so with the quantum power I can move FTL to shoot this singularity into your mouth to break down every single of your atoms

Because nothing will ever to futurama

Really now?

What if a sci-fi mecha engineer gets isekai'd into a fantasy setting and start building mechas to fight magic knights?

>some technobabble knowledge to write it
>our science has advanced to the point that it's indistinguishable from magic
there you go any need of technobable is no longer necesarry

no one likes sci-fi, sorry

Because personal power/strength and the ability to influence high level events as an MC is much more difficult to convincingly execute in a scifi setting unless there's still magic involved somehow.

And considering 98% of all LNs are garbage written by hacks, it's not surprising that they wouldn't even try to pull off something they know is going to be difficult.

If you want interesting scifi, read chinkshit and westernshit. Not much isekai, but what's there is pretty good.

Skyfire Avenue is a personal favorite of mine, but it's both not isekai, and chinkshit that has magic in a scifi setting.

That's so out of balance to be hilarious to see. The only problem is evolving all the base tech to a high enough level to make it powerful. It's not hard to invented the spear but a CNC machine takes a lot more.

As a samurai I am offended by this.

Because its hard to come up with how MC-kun is some sort of miracle worker in Sci-Fi.

In fantasy he just has to pull out his cell phone or a fucking ballpoint pen and slap together some sulfur, charcoal and saltpeter to be treated like some all powerful genius sage that can revolutionize the world.

But what can a gormless 21st century beta Japanese male possibly contribute to be taken seriously in a society with quantum computers, FTL drives and plasma weaponry?

See

What if a small city gets isekai'd instead, and they start off by conquering a nearby mining town and start from there? Though that sounds too serious for anime.

Put it in a Fantasy world and have the traditional battle of magic versus technology to make it interesting.

How is a modern, average, self-insert kun supposed to become a God in a science fiction kind of world?

>travels to a backwards world where bricks are the height of technology
>holy shit, he has so many unique ideas!
>magic is power
>he has so much innate magic ability, Jesus Christ you don't have to explain shit!
>travel forward
>look at this idiot wearing cloth
>is he using a physical projectile?
>laughingwhores.physicalhologram
>genetics are the bottom-tier of evolution

nah have it be like suisei no gargantia where some pilot already with a mech just does a hyper space leap to a fantasy like planet and the warp drive is to damaged to return

The most you could do to give the MC a leg up in a high-science world is one where it is fairly apocalyptic with mediocre medical technology. Perhaps the people living in it have poor health and are susceptible to many diseases, whereas the MC might only suffer from sniffles at most. Thus he has something unique to help him be valuable to the people there while at the same time being also uniquely dangerous because he may safely carry pathogens which are lethal to the everyone else.

How about we see that world with his eyes.

Do you have any idea how fun that would be. The world building would be 50 times more amazing.

Maybe he gets placed by some accident in some special force or something.

Maybe hes just some guy on a ship and does something heroic and enlists in the military while they're fighting things.

Maybe it's a slice of life. And hes becomes a sort of historian telling people about our world. Maybe the future world needs some primitive perspective? Maybe they're all stuck up Vulcans with locked emotions and he slowly melts a kuuderes heart.

I can think of so many plots.

There is a show. It's called Buddy Complex. It's shit.

>How is a modern, average, self-insert kun supposed to become a God in a science fiction kind of world?

Like this: novelupdates.com/series/unparalleled-path-reincarnated-as-the-ai-for-a-space-battleship/

is that supposed to be.. Janeway?

I'd actually really like to see a scifi isekai where a modern human respawns in a hyper-advanced spacefaring culture that has literally wiped out the concept of violence/conflict. Once they run across a stronger alien species and start getting shit on, MC kun becomes overpowered because he's the only one willing to defend himself.

Would be interesting at least.

There's nothing wrong with being totally clueless, Fry managed to adjust pretty damn well

Holy shit, Demolition Man is more or less a isekai.

I guess because you need a "sci-fi" reason to be isekai'd, and reincarnation isn't it. Futurama and Farscape effectively did it, and some novels. But the current thing is reincarnation, which doesn't really fit.
And I guess it doesn't have the same MMO bullshit hook. Maybe EVE? Dunno.
It takes exactly as much effort to make a lazy rip off sci-fi universe as a fantasy one.

Because coming up and drawing planets and alien race which are different than human is hard. It's much easier to draw medieval setting and generic fantasy race (elves/dwarves) instead.

Not the same circumstances, Fry managed to adjust himself because everyone else was as retarded as he was. In a future were everyone is a capable being a retard MC will have trouble adapting.

Because it takes at least minimum amount of effort for world building, while fantasy world at this day and age, is literally a template, you just have to fill blank parts with characters names.

Muv-Luv?

I wouldn't mind getting isekai'd into a post-scarcity world

You can literally just have elves in space. It's been done many times. Lazy sci-fi is just lazy fantasy with laser beams and skintight jumpsuits.

That's what I thought. Make 2 MCs, one isekai'd from the sci-fi world piloting mechas, the other a professional mage. Though it sounds more like a plot for a new RTS.

The solution is space elves/dwarves/orcs.

That's only if MC is retarded enough to want to be a space marine. You can give him a job where all he needs to do is explore and categorise new parts of space and tag him with a pilot that knows what they are doing.

Low bar for adjusting. He was a pizza delivery boy and adjusted to being a guy that moved boxes with a hand-truck on a spaceship for 10feet. His life became easier.

If that's the requirement for adjustment, look at Fred Flintstone and George Jetsen. Fred's job was moving rocks at the quarry. George's job was hitting a single red button 20times a day. My 8month old niece could quadruple his daily output every hour.

Make him the simpleton who comes up with solutions everyone else was too smart to see.

She isekai'd into an urban fantasy cyberpunk world where everyone is either attractive or very cute semi-furry, and everything likes music a lot.

If there's a will, then any staff can do interesting spins on things.

>h-how am I supposed to have isekai without muh QT elves

says who?

Only if you are an idiot.

World building for world building's sake gets boring pretty quick unless it's iyashikei. Needs a conflict.

There is one where guy gets reincarnated as a space battleship AI.

Why would everyone in a sci-fi setting be any more capable than those in a fantasy setting? Particularly given the class of writers we're talking about?

Space elves son.

>Buddy Complex
That was time travel, not isekai.

>It's shit
You're shit.

I could see that work if it was something like Outlaw Star and the MC is the annoying brat who hangs around Gene.
Still, I don't think the target audience of self-insert LNs would like playing the second fiddle.

>cyberpunk world
>there are genetically engineered fury girls for sexual service
>there is also technomagic and mc is strongets at it for whatever bullshit reason
So much wasted potential for edgy sci-fi isekai.

why has otaking been trying to shill his absolute garbage animation her the past couple of days?

Everybody listen!
What if it is both sides of the spectrum, where a guy from medieval fantasy gets isekai'd to sci-fi world. Imagine the fucking possibilities.

Or regular medieval fantasy with no magic and into the sci-fi world, being able to travel back and forth a la Chrono Trigger. IMAGINE. THE FUCKING. POSSIBILITIES.

So you have no argument.

For your information, since the leap in technology was so great in that future, it could be as well treated as a different world.

I think Soreyuke! Uchuu Senkan Yamamoto Yohko may count?

They have her being a spaceship pilot that's super good at it because she is a super hardcore gamer who is a god at video games

>Nah you need some technobabble knowledge to write it
You can't be real

>>there are genetically engineered fury girls for sexual service
It pleases my peepee.

Something like Slayers x Lost Universe. Since the two worlds are actually connected, it's a gold mine of underutilised potential.

Japanese fantasy is awful. Their sci-fi is generic as well but at least it's interesting.

If you just make it all magic and shit then don't fucking put the sci-fi tag on it

Does Science-Fantasy count?

Fucking teslafags get the hell out of all my internet hangouts reeeee

Helpless. Helpless is awesome.

Only good ones.

>the technology is 2000 years ahead of my own time
>they are now able to make spaceships and dreamlike things thanks to nanomachines and liquid techonology
There you go.

>sci-fi tag on it

Tell that to kamachi, his technobabble is most of the time shit he pulled out of his ass.

Fury, in that position, it sounds good. It is good.

there was the one WN that a guy reincarnated as a ultra advanced AI from a fucking battleship in middle of battle, so that's it

Just realized that Guardians of the Galaxy is an isekai. Bye.

Just make proper Chrono Trigger adaptation.

Is there something like Demolition Man?

Like someone getting isekai'd into soyboy future where everyone is a gigantic pussy?

>fantasy dude is isekai'd to 40k universe
>he thinks the tech is magic
>nobody disagrees
>ends up executed for heresy anyway

Sounds like something Iain Banks would come up with. Let me guess, the AI was manipulative and ambiguously a sexual predator.

only 15 chapters are translated, and it's been average at best so far

you're an idiot

>>ends up executed for heresy anyway
Fate of any user who'd get trucked anywhere.

No its not

Getting abducted by aliens does not transport you to another world, you are still in the same reality, you just got kidnapped by fucking aliens

>braaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp

Only if you are stupid. Index is required reading in MIT.

Harder to draw

The only Isekai I would actually survive and thrive in is Blade Play because I am ultimately a pervert.

>Thinly veiled request thread
I can think of 12 series that do this off the top of my head, no im not going to spoon feed you faggot.

>random Space Marine gets isekai'd into a random fantasy setting
>it has all kinds of generic fantasy races living in peace
>purges it

Alternatively
>archmage isekai'd into 40k universe
>gets confused for a psyker
>becomes librarian
>using his magic, unknown by the enemy, leads the God Emperors troops to victory and purges the universe