Is he the coolest character of all-time?

Is he the coolest character of all-time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
youtube.com/watch?v=naFSmCXUQcI
youtube.com/watch?v=oPXEGFJfF3c
youtube.com/watch?v=kXLxT1fS-Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=yL8I-c1IujM
youtube.com/watch?v=pZy8ydPxpeY
mangakakalot.com/chapter/lupin_iii/chapter_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

Thats not Herlock Sholmes?

yes

HE'S A GROOVY GUY

Are the Lupin III movies / shows good? I dislike most anime but occasionally have enjoyed a few 80s classics. Is Castle of Cagliostro the best one to watch?

yes that is my favorite lupin movie

youtube.com/watch?v=naFSmCXUQcI

haha

where do i start? and dub or sub

i prefer dub but purists will tell you to go sub. do whatever you want dude who cares

I used to watch the one that came on adult swim as a kid, and while I remember liking it a lot, I've also heard it's one of the weaker incarnations.

Miyazaki was involved with Lupin III which is why its so good.

No.

Nabeshin is the coolest character

Cagliostro is fucking kino

Red or Green?
I vote Green.

Yes

Castle of Cagliostro is the only one he participated in afaik. Anno worked on it too, as an animator.

>>>/tumblr/

There's a lupin live action movie. It's fun to watch.

Adulthood is realizing Daisuke was the coolest character in Lupin.

Steven Speilberg hailed Castle of Cgaliostro one of the best action movies of all time.

Goeman Ishikawa's Spray of Blood is relatively new and drips with style and is fucking brutal in it's action. Honestly most of them are great.

Sub mostly because I cant vouch for every part being dubbed or even having equal dub quality given how old a lot of entires are or how niche.

>where do i start?
If you want to just get a taste, you can pick up some of the movies/ovas to see if you dig the formula and characters.
There really isn't any kind of Lupin expanded universe and most entries can be consumed on their own very easily, you'll get used to characters very fast.

Dead or Alive, Castle of Cagliostro, Missed by a Dollar, Farewell to Nostradamus come to mind as a better ones. The first one is directed by manga author, second is by Miyazaki and you can really see differences in style. Different fans like different things.
Franchise is relatively uneven and differs in tone (and in quality, a whole fucking lot) depending on period and directors but the key formula is the same.

Why is Fujiko such a slut

Besides Cagliostro, he directed half of the first series with Takahata (around 10 episodes), and a couple episodes in the second series including the finale.

>Steven Speilberg hailed Castle of Cgaliostro one of the best action movies of all time.
An unsourced rumor but fun to think about.

>An unsourced rumor but fun to think about.

One I've been reading in publications for like over 15 years at this point, so I'm inclined to believe it.

There is an unconfirmed rumor that film director Steven Spielberg saw a screening of The Castle of Cagliostro in the early 80's. From that rumor, one would assume that Spielberg was so impressed with the film that it later influenced the action sequences in his Indiana Jones films and The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. There is no evidence of Spielberg quoting the film, but Manga Entertainment's DVD releases do quote him saying "one of the greatest adventure movies of all time."[23] Another unverified statement has Spielberg calling the film's car chase "one of the greatest chase sequences ever filmed". Some sources claim that Spielberg had seen the film at the 1980 Cannes Film Festival,[7] but, according to official Cannes sources, Castle of Cagliostro was not shown that year.[46]

There are several boards dedicated to your children's cartoons, please go there

>Castle of Cagliostro blu-ray
>Have to find the correct dub

I can't watch if Jigen sounds wrong...

i prefer green too

All 20 and at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPXEGFJfF3c

I really like this opening.

That Lupin is a menace. Let me know if you see him. I have been looking to arrest him.

>it's a Goemon is actually Jigen, Jigen is actually a Fujiko, Fujiko is Lupin and Lupin is a Zenigata episode

Pure kino.

Sorry op but

He's an ass man.

he's shit

Spike Spiegel is better and also

>Lupin the Cuck
lel no

As far as the movies go, Secret of Mammon, Cagliosto and Fuma Conspiracy are all good.

Secret of Mammon has some odd pacing issues though, it feels more like marathoning a show than a single movie. There are clear "episodes" breaking up the action and plot. However, the whole plot is really crazy and has various memorable scenes.

As far as tv goes, the first series and the newest one are the most consistent. It starts kind of oddly though, with no introduction to the characters aside from Goemon. Watch at least up to episode 4 of the 1st series, a prison break episode.

Both the 2nd and 3rd series have some great episodes at times, but they're spread around some really bad ones.

nope, and this is just the first example that happened to pop into my head

BEST OP COMING THROUGH
youtube.com/watch?v=kXLxT1fS-Lk

Not the coolest of all time, but he should be close.

Fuck outta here Miyazakifag

>adult swim kiddies
lol

>leave Lupin to me

Is is true that the Lupin manga's just nowhere to be found online and that the only way to get it is to spend ACTUAL money on physical copies

Cagliostro features a Lupin which is way different than most other incarnations so I wouldn't start with that. No, I'm not implying the movie is bad.

I loved the concept behind Green Vs Red. Not too much the execution.

We can play in two this game.
youtube.com/watch?v=yL8I-c1IujM

Yes. To the best of my knoweldge it can't be found. What's mind blowing is that new stuff is still behind published.

Sakamoto is cool, cooler, and coolest.

He was cooler in the manga, he literally rapes women in it

That's fucking bizarre
I wish it was available, it'd be fun looking at the differences between manga Lupin and anime Lupin

Mori is cooler

Recently an italian site has began upoloading italian releases.The manga is broadly different.
The thing with Lupin is that each time a new director did something with him he ended up gaining sligthly different quirks and whatnot, that's how we got the multifaceted Lupin we have now.

What's the site and which ones does it have so far?
I might just use google translate to check it out a bit, might be cool

Just search Lupin scan italiano. Beware: it's mirrored.

Alright thanks a lot user
Thankfully Spanish is close enough to Italian, so at least I'll understand something

Some good souls might re-mirror the thing and translate it in english, but Lupin never took off in the anglosphere so I don't know if there even are people that want that. Double traslations suck but that's literal the first time lupin scan are to be found.

What disappointed me about Red vs Green is that in spite of that opening scene making it seem like the various "Lupin" are the actual Lupin seen in various previous series and specials, once the plot actually begins it's clear they're all fakes who can't mimic Lupin at all, undermining the premise itself.

He really isn't very different from the 2nd half of the Green Jacket series. It's pretty much the same heroic Lupin at that point, especially when Fujiko isn't involved.

I'd honestly take it, especially considering there's literally nothing else to translate.

Why do you call it "Secret of Mammon"??

Monkey Punch is pretty based. Long ago he made a golden rule that the traditional formation of characters couldn't be changed no matter what. Otherwise we'd have got way more Rebecca.

I just remembered the name wrong, it's just Mamo, not Mammon. I guess I thought Mammon since that's the name of a demon, while Mamo is just a made up name.

I wonder if that rule has been thrown away now? It seems odd they allowed two new main cast members in the last tv show.

We also haven't gotten anything after Part 4 aside from the Goemon movie, so it's way too early to say that those Part 4 characters won't be allowed to return.

I have some scanned tomes in english, just not all of them for some reason.

>the first time lupin scan are to be found.
Not really.

I was quoting an interview that's in a Part 4 special episode. So yeah the rule is still in effect, I don't know about returning character but what that meant is that no one of the five main ones can be cut off.

From what board did this thread get moved from?
Just would like to know that's all

I wager from Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZy8ydPxpeY

ciao bello

He's up there

It was Sup Forums

He's a manlet, though.

5 feet, 10 inches is really a manlet?

Average height here for men is 6'2" in burger units, so yeah.

Do you live in the remote Netherlands or something?

Shit man, how many times do I have to suck your dick for you to put it up somewhere?

According to wikipedia, 5'10" is dead average in Burgerland, 5'7" is average in Japan, and no country has an average height of 6'2" for males (although some of the nordic countries come close.)
He's not tall, but to call him a manlet is unfair.

Not true
You can find the manga in english online. The scans are ugly as sin though so it's practically unreadable.

30 years later Fujiko files a claim for sexual harassment and a few other girls follow suit.

those figures are accounting for manlets, which we all know cant be considered human.

sure user sure he is

I mean Lupin has had countless other side characters over the years from all the movies and specials. It's just that they were all confined to that one time thing. We'll probably never see Rebeca again unless it's a cameo.

I only have 8 of 14.
The scans aren't good but you can read them.

4U

mangakakalot.com/chapter/lupin_iii/chapter_1
Inb4 browser reading

hnnnn fujiko

I think so

Fujiko is basically female Lupin

I think Lupin is Japan's answer to James Bond

he has just as much iterations and interpretations

This

pretty sure they won't wait that long