Is Yamada a good director?

Is Yamada a good director?
Is she progressing?

no & no

yes & yes

maybe & maybe

/thread

She's a good director, but she's nothing special, and is very lucky she got on with KyoAni. There are others who'd do a lot more with her resources. I've not seen any progress.

That said, I'll still watch everything she makes, and I am a fan.

Absolutely yes, she's good.

And... Yes, i think she's progressing, but it's hard to tell

K-On is a masterpiece and all her later work is inferior. Zero progression.

Tell me you are joking.

She is the BEST director

She's good but Koe no Katachi could've been better

Koe no Katachi could have been better in general.

I agree with him. She did wonders with the source, beautiful character animation, great direction. Everything afterwars doesn't come close

I was hyped as fuck for KnK and sadly she abused filters and relied too much on the source while omitting important detail. Those movies aren't comparable easily, she had a lot of freedom with K-On.

Still better than Kimi no Na wa.

There's an effort to derail the thread.

She's starting to recline.

Put more effort into your bait

Yeah definitely x2

She's definitely progressed as a director. Even if K-On! is still the most beloved, Tamako Love Story and Koe no Katachi are definitely improvements on a technical level.
Koe no Katachi itself is the best looking Kyoani media by far, now with even more symbolic imagery and leg shots.
Hell, Koe no Katachi is simultaneously the most symbolic AND the most realistic Kyoani work.

Really interested to see how further she'll go with Liz

I hope its visually different than the Hibike TV series like the poster implies. While I'd always love more Yamada, it would be disappointing if it was just more Hibike but with less Kumiko.

Was Riri autistic?

aw shit, wrong thread

She should stop abusing leg shots and jump cuts, and get some new tricks.

She doesn't abuse either

>do a lot more with her resources
How much exactly is her resources?

not with that original material

>I've not seen any progress
watch Koe no Katachi

What original material?

I only like K-On to be honest

The only thing she abuses is filters.

Doesn't abuse those either

Nah, Tamako Love Story was an eyesore with the glow filter compared to the actual show.

Yes
No, she peaked in K-On!!

she's so cute!

Perhaps you're stupid

Most promising director of this generation. Koe was very limiting as she had to adapt an entire manga into a 2 hour film, even with all its faults I doubt there is any other director out there that could have done it much better.

I am but my point still stands.