What in the flying fuck is going on in this

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=WBff4F5egLc
vocaroo.com/i/s1uamMtdiX4P
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't seem to understand.

A shame you seemed an honest man

the tendency of the rate of profit to fall results in the destruction of humanity and the autonomous formalization of communication networks creates a way out

And all the fears you hold so dear

its what happens when you go full NEET

I am falling

computer become real life

i still have no idea if she was an alien or what

read nick land

Frosted butts

it's not that hard to understand op, cmon...

The plan to secretly destroy civilization.

gb2 gaia

Don't worry, eventually it will turn to whisper in your ear

fauux.neocities.org/

Lain is god.

Let's all love Lain.

I wanna know
Have you ever seen the Lain

Best girl

No one's going to really answer I bet

let's all love lain

I wish I liked Haibane more, but there was just like 2 characters I cared about and I wanted the world to be explored a bit more.

PRESENT DAY

Ha ha

What is there to answer? Its not a linear plot but its not rocket science either. It just follows Lain as she ascends to godhood through technology. The "weird" shit that happens is often symbolism and references that try to put your mind in the mood of it.

Trying to dissect a show like Lain makes it lose its charms completely, and often people go "UGH everyone told me this was a masterpiece but its shit!!" because they completely miss the point of it, its not a masterpiece it doesn't try to be. And being so abstract makes it so your opinion on it depends on the feelings you had while watching it, how much did you get in the mood or how much did it make you think about the questions it tries to expose, humanity and people's interactions. Some people will hate it and some people will love it, none of them are incorrect in this one because the show doesn't try to explain itself.

fauux.neocities.org/

Always check out this site if you've never seen it before and enjoyed Lain

tldr

bad writing, op

Nice

still one of my favorite OPs of all time

>ascends to godhood through technology
how/why did she become god?

A shame you seemed an honest man

i typed up a good synopsis for a thread like this a few weeks ago but i didn't save it.

in a nutshell, lain is an ai. the person version of lain is supposed to combine with internet lain to bring about a version of the internet that connects everybody telepathically. this occurs but lain decides she doesn't want people to live this way, so she either reverses the process or tricks everyone so that they think they're in the real world even though they're in the new internet, it's unclear which.

Well like I said, the show doesn't really directly tells you she became a god the show doesn't tell you anything directly but its heavily implied that Lain abandons this world and becomes a living entity in the wired(internet). There are a few shots by the end of it where lain shows up as she is watching over peoples lives from a different plane of existance as if she wasn't a part of reality anymore.

tl;dr

Agreed!

I love Lain

Routine migration to ipv6

when is despera coming out

youtube.com/watch?v=WBff4F5egLc
acoustic version is good too

We will never stop loving Lain

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT TIME

SEL is why the 2deep4u meme was originally invented.

BECOME AS GOD

just started this series last week, on episode 9 now. i love alice and feel really bad for lain's sister. what am i in for, going into the last 5 episodes?

also, more animes like this? i've already seen NGE and Utena and i plan on watching paranoia agent but i need more avant garde animes to watch

Just found the copy I originally watched, 400x320 files from 2002 are a bit below current standards. I should rewatch that with better quality someday.

Sounds as deep as a self-help book. Read a Kafka or Chekhov book if you think Lain is even slightly good at exposing human interactions. It's just cool shit.

I thought her name was literally Arisu for the longest time because of the fucking subs

evertime

try boogiepop phantom

Why would I? I didn't say Lain was deep I'm pretty sure I said the opposite thing about it, Lain doesn't even try to expose anything it just throws the ideas out there and its up to you to understand whatever you want from it. There isn't any morals or a narrative trying to give you a lesson on anything, things happen and thats it.

Also those are pretty fucking basic books you're recommending dude, don't show up on /lit/ with those or they will make fun of you.

warning:real spoilers
There were 2 lains the entire time. Lain became a God when she hooked up her personality thingamajig to the wired.

Not very hard to get

/lit/ is full of people who like trash like David Foster Wallace.

What if Aquarion Logos is a retelling of SEL except Lain is a guy? She and Akira have the same hair style....

You need to be anischeral to percieve the true meaning.

Try three.

Try one

I was waiting for a lain thread. Does any of you guys know where one can find the bootleg soundtrack cd with the sound effects?

There's one on eBay for 200 dollars. Other than that, you'd probably just want to look online. Look for the one with 2 disks and the Lain PC accessories. There's a Taiwanese bootleg that only has one.

That the world wasn't fully explored was always the charm for me, but I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

We failed Lain, sorry.Now the internet has a incredible conection with the real world.

everyone is connected

Downloaded it off bakabt a few years back

Now the one who has the control of the internet, has the absolute control of the real world.

The internet is something that can’t be controlled by one party alone.

So I just was this show the question it's always the same haha. Valavala just first time valavala. Insert "I don't umder stand" haha what a great LAIN referents. Ha Ha that's a referents to SERIAL EXPERIENTS LAIN I watched that show I UNTASTUD.

I GOTTA GIVE IT REPOSE:
[Reply]
Regret you honest man.

OH WOW IT S A INSIDE JOOOKE WOW! IM IT TOO

[Reply]
Elopes you hold a deer.

A HA HA HA WOW IT'S LAIN IT'S THE SHOW It'S REALLY SERIAL EXPERIEMNTS LAIN. ME TOO ME TOO.

[Reply]
Wilt anischer in and near.

W O A H. IT'S THE THE REAL OPENING. IT'S THE REAL THING. WOW.

Holy shit shut the fuck up with this ayy lmao autistic lain shit. You've been doing this for like 15 fucking minutes get a fucking life you fucking autist.

It's in Development Hell

Would you mind uploading?

There was never a person called Lain.
She exists within people's memories. That's why she disappears when she deletes everyone's memories of her. And why there's multiple of her "running around" in the world. She doesn't even realize it herself until around the conspiracy episode I think.
But yeah, she's 100% software. In the wired and in people's brains.
I'm pretty sure there were no tricks. She hit a big reset button that turns everything back and deletes everyone's memory of her. Initially the update hits and she only saves Alice. Then she sees how sad she is and decides to preserve everything. It's pretty important for her character that she didn't pull any tricks there and did revert the world.

Then she comes back at the very very end because of some weird revelation about being able to live in the future.

haibane renmei, angel's egg, tsumiki no ie, genius party, Kanashimi no Belladonna

vocaroo.com/i/s1uamMtdiX4P

He's been doing it in every Lain thread for years dude.

Lain Texnholyze crossover when? Actually nevermind she doesn't deserve such a fate

Oh user ...

drugs
angry
old woman