Say Goodbye. 2 Trillion in Fines

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/03/18/facebook-may-have-violated-ftc-privacy-deal-say-former-federal-officials-triggering-risk-of-massive-fines/?utm_term=.79165d7b174d
archive.is/sghQa

Two former federal officials who crafted the landmark consent decree governing how Facebook handles user privacy say the company may have violated that decree when it shared information from tens of millions of users with a data analysis firm that later worked for President Trump’s 2016 campaign. Vladeck, now a professor at Georgetown Law, said violations of the consent decree could carry a penalty of $40,000 per violation, meaning that if news reports that the data of 50 million people were shared proves true, the company’s possible exposure runs into the trillions of dollars. Vladeck said that such a fine is unlikely but that the final penalty still could be very large.
The FTC consent decree required that users be notified and that they explicitly give their permission before data about them is shared beyond the privacy settings they have established. The developer of the app sought permission from those who downloaded it but not their Facebook friends. The app, called “thisisyourdigitallife,” offered personality predictions and billed itself on Facebook as “a research app used by psychologists.”

Hundreds of developers -- including those who made popular dating and gaming apps and those who built political apps for campaigns -- used Facebook to gain access to huge amounts of information about users and their Facebook friends. Data that could be easily accessed from friends included names of users, their education and work histories, birthdays, likes, locations, photos, relationship statuses, and religious and political affiliations.

Attached: c1wwgfwwqay8dfj.jpg (748x320, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dezeen.com/2017/12/28/apple-faces-999-billion-dollar-lawsuit-over-slowing-down-iphones/
reuters.com/article/us-apple-batteries-lawsuits/apple-faces-lawsuits-after-saying-it-slows-down-aging-iphones-idUSKBN1EL034
archive.is/sghQa
web.archive.org/web/20071020073143/http://www.aboutface.com/about.html
web.archive.org/web/19991007181610/http://www.aboutface.com/site/company_history.htm
web.archive.org/web/20071020073130/http://www.aboutface.com/about_customers.html
web.archive.org/web/20171120120522/https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081105224058AApki9Y
wired.com/2004/02/pentagon-kills-lifelog-project/
theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/17/obama-digital-data-machine-facebook-election
theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/25/george-soros-facebook-and-google-are-a-menace-to-society
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haha fuck fuckerberg. always hated that greedy slimy kike.

>Apple hit with $999 BILLION in fines
>Facebook hit with $2 TRILLION in fines

The cyber Jews are losing

dezeen.com/2017/12/28/apple-faces-999-billion-dollar-lawsuit-over-slowing-down-iphones/

Attached: HAPPENING.png (586x483, 236K)

Stop linking to literal fake newd

Nioce. I hope Twitter and Google are next.

>fake newd
Bump for spelling

I feel like twitter would die on it's own if Trump left.

I had heard about the lawsuit. I had no idea it was for so much money.

reuters.com/article/us-apple-batteries-lawsuits/apple-faces-lawsuits-after-saying-it-slows-down-aging-iphones-idUSKBN1EL034

Attached: 1519255444701.png (800x769, 126K)

I agree.

Attached: 1521252912709.png (554x400, 66K)

Why did one (you) me and the other not?

>archive.is/sghQa
money isn't enough

I want that nigger zuck fried

zuck for the electric chair

Magic

Attached: 1521530964963.png (400x372, 142K)

>I feel like twitter would die on it's own if Trump left.
With FB dying we could literally kill twitter if we create a right leaning social media platform and get Trump to migrate to it

I have an idea for one that's different than others yet based on an old highly popular app.

>Destroy facebook because of alt right pepe memes

Attached: 1515134308525.jpg (480x333, 22K)

Im sure Facebook has very good lawyers and therefore has not in fact violated anything whether we like them or not

Facebook's beginnings are questionable.

The domain, trademark, and idea for facebook(tm) was started in 1994: web.archive.org/web/20071020073143/http://www.aboutface.com/about.html

With a very familiar backstory: web.archive.org/web/19991007181610/http://www.aboutface.com/site/company_history.htm

And even servers at Harvard, who ran these?: web.archive.org/web/20071020073130/http://www.aboutface.com/about_customers.html

So, this company which sent black boxes to corporations and universities, had “facebook(tm)” servers running facebook like software, at Harvard at the time Zuckerberg “created” fb. Well, Zuck misconfigured his about-face server once: web.archive.org/web/20171120120522/https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081105224058AApki9Y

Please fine those cunts out of existence.
Thanks in advance.

checked

Attached: 1427707236941.gif (532x372, 1.4M)

Its going to be very easy to prove. They have a user agreement. Very public. They signed a contract with an outside company. Very public. The source code contains user data in violation of the agreement. Now write out a big check Jewbook.

Attached: 1521019413463.jpg (225x225, 7K)

For what they were doing during the Obama administration?

People signed up for the survey what kikeb ook
Did is completely legal and in their terms of agreement

Of course, because Zuck would never violate a user agreement. Right?

No he could but this wasn't

>Nonstop mass surveilance by every tech company, advertising company, and NSA. All collected and sold to the highest bidder without consent
>Facebook fined 2 trillion for giving data to a republican president after Obama did the same thing twice
This is totally insane.

so can we finally start using google+ now?

>has not in fact violated anything whether we like them or not

true.

>They have a user agreement.
which includes 'everything you post becomes our property, and we do what we like'

nothingburger.

We must colonize Myspace. Seeing Facebook is at death's door, and Twiiter is not too far behind, we can establish our colonies there, and once the normies flood, we will catch their attention.

Attached: 1482002437517.jpg (251x171, 8K)

Attached: uk9yj8h765 - Copy.jpg (1080x1920, 1.02M)

Well isn't that interesting...

Facebook was founded the EXACT same day DARPA killed its "lifelog" project...

wired.com/2004/02/pentagon-kills-lifelog-project/

Facebook is CIA, those fines will come from your own pockets.

Its OK guys. Once the Democrats realize Obama did the same thing this will all blow over.

>Obama, Facebook and the power of friendship: the 2012 data election

>A unified computer database that gathers and refines information on millions of potential voters is at the forefront of campaign technology – and could be the key to a

theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/17/obama-digital-data-machine-facebook-election

Attached: bluestatedigital.jpg (1024x464, 62K)

>settlement reached
>total fine 150,000 dollars.

You act like the government gives half a shit about its citizens.

what do you niggers reckon will happen after facebook dies?

will forums be revived?
will (((tinder))) die?
will snapchat perish?
what will become of twitter?
what will become of discord?
will everyone's "private" messages and browsing data be released to the public "by hackers"?
will people conduct themselves with a bit less of the jaded irony popular today?

i once remember reading about zuuucks prototype for facebook, which he created for his family to be able to communicate more efficiently (apparently.)

it is/was called Zucknet, however i've not found a single picture of this so called facebook precursor. how fucking bad are we being lied to, or am i just fucking garbage at internet?

>fake newd
new meme

Who gets the money?

>Inb4 eula states that by making an account you agree to have all your information sold

Da J00s

Attached: happy_triangles.jpg (368x376, 9K)

How far does this one go? I had read built-in intentional obsoletion is a crime in Australia but wasn't sure if it held water elsewhere.

All Zuck every wanted to do was build a platform where people could meet and have fun. But people got addicted and started engaging in self-destructive behavior. And now that the party is over, he’s the scapegoat.

I was thinking this. PC Game Jews were pioneers in that technique.

Computers didn’t have print screen capabilities back then dumbass

Please come back Forums i miss you

Real or fake... Who will be getting those 2 trillion? What if this is yet another scheme to 'laundry' money somehow, the same way they do with debts/loans to inferior countries?
Because I'm pretty sure they're not gonna donate them to the users, the subjects of said privacy violations.

Serious question, anons.
>pic unrelated

Attached: zuckbot.png (490x566, 152K)

This is nothing new just an attack on trump

you morons probably dont think youre being phished right now

>Trump recovers 2 trillion debt in his second year as president

>Fake newd
>Has archive link right there that I thought speed racer should be able to read
What did Austria's Chief Minister of Facebook Data mean by this?

Am i the only one seeing this?
even the FT are posting negative stories on FB, everyone knows you pay FB with data.

theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/25/george-soros-facebook-and-google-are-a-menace-to-society

Attached: sor.jpg (421x409, 172K)

checked

>America pays off its debt by suing mega corporations.

Nice. Epic. I like it.

Attached: 1515604497835.png (273x267, 103K)

When dems do it it's fine though :^)

Put yourself in the mind of Jews.
What is the use for a tool for evil that can backfire? When the dog bites the master, is time to euthanize.
Now you can see the entire machine of Soros attacking Facebook. It is the perfect moment to note down all the media that does this, and update your internet filters, so that you never visit them again by mistake.

fuck. you're right.

Thank fuck someone related to Trump used this service because now people are finally allowed to see this shit for the nightmare that it's become. I'm kind of peeved that they're presenting it in a way that doesn't mention that data collection and privacy invasion is the purpose of virtually all internet services, with everything else having this functionality on top of whatever else they do. You can't even install the Rick and Morty game on your phone without it polling your age, gender, income, marital status, sexual orientation, and scores of other things while the phone itself does the same.
That said though, it's probably better to let them take it slow before the goyim really know.
Now that they're realizing that people they don't like also have access to these systems, I can see this going big in a way that it didn't when Snowden happened.

it's alright

the amount of money they've made from selling everyone's personal info will more than cover the fines and leave a healthy profit.

>Nice data mining operation you got there. Wouldn't want anything to happen to it.

I got a Myspace too but, better than Tom's.

Attached: CART.png (766x418, 364K)

I hope Google is next. A stiff fine next to a new YouTube competitor may have them reconsidering their Chinese communist style censorship of recent.

facebook stock still dropping, 3% more this morning

I bet google does exactly the same with their android bloatware and whatnot. We need an /ourkike/ lawyer

Sergey Brin, the co-founder of Google was married to the CEO of 23 and Me (2007-2015), who is also the sister of the CEO of You Tube

Facebook was feeling left out.

so zuck is literally clock boy?

My wife, not a computer genius and a person who loves msm morning “entertainment news” shows... uses Facebook, not a lot... just uses it to keep up with friends from college.... well, she must of clicked some box on Facebook. Facebook took over her Apple phone twice.. the first time Facebook installed all sorts of crap on her phone, imported all the Facebook friends into her phone contacts, etc.. people she didn’t know were also installed. I got her a second phone, Facebook took over that one. We had to “delete” her account. I’m guessing Facebook gave her laptop some software also. The virus software doesn’t look at Facebook as “bad”... her laptop drags ass so bad now, I can’t remove whatever crap is on there.

truly an ebin practice

You are saying that he is now punished for giving data to the Trump campaign?

Sure thing Moshe heh heh

The EU is the only institution that ever does anything about tech giants. Your courts will bend over backwards for corporate cash.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: hahahaha clarke.gif (160x270, 864K)

I would be so happy if this caused the end of facebook

Should fine apple 1 billion for not having one click webms.

Aint no thing but a niggers chicken wing

For big federal gubmint this is crumbs.

>will forums be revived?
they never died.
forums are still a thriving community

Sorry if this has been said, but they only give a shit because the data analysis may have helped Trump win. They wouldn't care otherwise.

Attached: ynutyu.jpg (467x600, 37K)

Girl has constant phone and computer problems.

Pretend this is news.

>the company may have violated that decree when it shared information from tens of millions of users with a data analysis firm that later worked for President Trump’s 2016 campaign
Daily Reminder: they violated it millions of times worse in 2012 for Obama's campaign.

Attached: soros-cambridge-at-first.jpg (1500x3500, 3.15M)

>people she didn't know were also installed
people she doesn't want you to know she knows. jfc.

Lol... she’s angry.. the phones usually gets smashed against the wall. One problem the deep state can’t work around.

Do we have that story archived for when it inevitably gets memory holed?

Attached: 1521596409921.png (443x601, 353K)

She’s a sucker for friend requests

Who gets the 2 trillion and how can I get some of that?

>Flag
Don't worry, statistically speaking, you will get a minimum $500k of it over the course of your life.

all the ones i used to frequent haven't had any posts for the past year, in fact one doesn't exist anymore

TRUMP, TAKE MY ENERGY

Attached: ameriflague.gif (400x244, 2.92M)

>Consciously or otherwise, the individual volunteer will be injecting all the information they store publicly on their Facebook page – home location, date of birth, interests and, crucially, network of friends – directly into the central Obama database.

sounds like a catch, champ.

i know i love making friends with people when i have no fucking idea who they are, over the internet.

A++