Apparently facebook is in trouble for selling data?

Apparently facebook is in trouble for selling data?
HAS EVERYONE GONE RETARDED? WHAT DID THEY THINK FACEBOOK WAS DOING? SELLING CARS?
Is this just one big joke or is the world really too stupid and had no idea what facebook business model was.

I'm losing the last bit of hope in humanity. We are totally surrounded by complete fucking retards.

Attached: 15216920104.jpg (259x194, 8K)

It's not that they sold data, its that they sold access to millions of accounts to ::gasp:: conservatives who ::gasp:: used the info they gathered to ::gasp:: get Trump elected. Zuck says it was a complete accident though. (He thought he was selling the access to liberals)

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-061757.jpg (1440x1766, 550K)

>its real

Attached: 1519756431373.png (234x200, 77K)

Data = "Access to Millions of Accounts".

They're selling data to Trump, now, instead of Obama, so it's problematic.

It's not just the media either. Most of my family, especially the women, are in total shock over it even though I'd mentioned it to them several times over the years. They always said I was a kook conspiracy theorist.

Facebook's business model is most;y based on adverts, companies may fucking tonnes to advertise to people on Facebook. They also have the Facebook-for-business service which they sell access to (which is for organising shit inter department).
Facebook uses user data for advertisements, no business actually sees data.
Businesses only see data is the user specifically consents to the particular service them-self, even then data is limited and what data collected is shown to the user.

From what I believe Facebook has illegally sold data without consent.

And they won't be humbled or learn a thing from this experience because they're women

Fuck it's real again

I used to work for a PI. This shit has been going on even BEFORE the internet. Some databases would give out information collected from newspaper and magazine subscriptions. How the hell did they think facebook was making money? Did they think it just gave them a service for free?

the absolute massive bant of this lad

Attached: 1519576904836.jpg (2032x2163, 807K)

They didn't sell access to accounts. They sold profile info and survey results.

Your average person is just a dumbass and doesn't understand that this information is always being traded because nobody actually reads privacy policies or even knows what it means.

It was actually an app that had access to your shit after you accepted it. Which I am sure you have at least 20 apps on your phone right now that have full access.

They literally only care because it helped Trump.

I have bought ads on facebook, you can access this information even without an app.

>I'm losing the last bit of hope in humanity. We are totally surrounded by complete fucking retards.

Yep my online aim is to farm enough money so i can ignore all that political shit and just keep playing vidja,inet and movies until i am gone when shit its i want enough money to just leave.
I dont care anymore about other peoples ideas for the future leave me out of it.

Which is literally the exact same thing the Obama campaign did.

holy fuck. huge balls of steel.

Attached: 1495734152619.png (566x357, 343K)

This is like one of those cases like when two kids are playing a game, one makes up a rule that allows him to win easier, the other one starts using it and begins winning again, and then the one who made it up cries foul and says it's unfair.

Attached: download.jpg (210x240, 7K)

facebook scans your “private” FB messages for keywords to sell to advertisers!!! I’ve been telling people for years they are doing spooky shit with user data and people are stupid: “what, huh? Data what?, I’m sleepy let’s get a latte :^)”

This and this

Lol dumbass fuckerturd got trump elected. Trump outjewed the jew.

Didn't Obama did the same in 2012? I had someone saying Trump is wrong for doing this because muh Russia.

>be normie
>sign up for dossierbook
>find out in 2018 they've been mining your data the entire time
>holy shit

The absolute state of normies

Attached: 20180321_184657.jpg (640x776, 199K)

You're 100% right user. You're either the customer or the product. You would have to be another level of retarded not to realize that you're the product on "free" social media platforms. Kikebook isn't a fucking public utility.

Attached: DU2a9tTXcAAYM9Q.jpg (720x736, 28K)

It's unreal. I can't believe how many people I know who had no clue. I know normies are somewhat ignorant, but I thought that Facebook selling user data was a commonly known and accepted thing by this point.

Srsy
Fucking retards been getting direct targeted ads in their fucking email for 20 years
HURR DURR
Where the fuck did you think they found out you own a cat and love plaid?

Yes, the obama campaign practically had an office in the Facebook building. It’s sour grapes whining about evil blumpf doing the same trick they’ve used for years. Amazing. Wow Facebook is gathering and selling massively creepy levels of user data? And orange dorito hitler might have possibly used it? It must have swung the election!!!!1!its absurd.

Not a god damn person I know changed their vote because of a god damn Facebook ad. What fucking morons.

it's been longer than 20 years buddy, I have pulled up records as old as 40 years

Zuck only fucks himself every time FB slips up. He's like a scared spoiled child who thinks he can just say "i didn't know" or "i will make it right" every time this shit happens.

The fuck you mean you don't know? You are THE guy. This was YOUR baby. YOU turned it into a global phenomena worth billions of dollars.

So he is either A) an absolutely psychopathic liar or B) an absolutely incompetent idiot who somehow despite all odds accidentally made himself 70 billion dollars richer than the rest of us.

Quite frankly the answer is most likely C) Both

and his campaign was literally praised for this, as it should have

any campaign that wouldnt take advantage of the wealth of info offered by social media is retarded

>losing hope
You must be relatively young. Just let it all go now. I lost it a long time ago, but we have now hit next level retarded insanity and even I am taken back by it.

That is absolute bullshit.
Its true the end product as advertisments, but those are targeted by 3rd party firms that buy data and use it for add targeting. Down to the person. They actually have employees sifting through the data to target ads. Its not just facebook either. Did you niggers know major retailers and chain restraunts sell their credit card recipt and POS data wholesale? So the same firms with access to all kinds of facebook data can also cross reference the data dump they get from the cheesecake factory to find out you ordered the fucking quesadilla last night.

I've been telling people this for years, but they won't care unless some talking head on the tv orradio tells them the exact same thing. If you are not paying for a premium service then you are the product.

Including here?

It's been longer than 40 years bud. I have pulled up records from 75 years ago.

Realizing that society is irredeemably stupid is half the battle.

Attached: knowledge.jpg (382x597, 64K)

>HAS EVERYONE GONE RETARDED? WHAT DID THEY THINK FACEBOOK WAS DOING? SELLING CARS?
You see the problem now is that they sold the data to the wrong people this time. Donald Drampf that is. Do you think this would be a topic if the Democrats used facebook data for personalized ads? No. In fact that was always the business model of data gathering companies just like you say, but now the bad guys used it.

Ya know, I kept telling my retarded normie friends that all of these surveys they kept taking were harvesting all of their information plus the profile information of their friends, and they never listened. They just wanted to take their retarded surveys, and probably take them several times at that, to be able to post their "test results" as their personality matching up with their favorite character from their favorite show. And NOW they're all outraged, like this is shocking news and a literal rape of their privacy.

Attached: 15977502_1351830638170317_1335296226833602444_n.jpg (616x816, 83K)

I was saying this shit since high school and everyone said I was paranoid. Fucking normies.

yep. We are training google with captcha and doing all kinds of psychological research for various entities...also those shit ads at the bottom.

figures

Attached: 1502778385581.png (250x210, 55K)

Bingo.

Shit. Everyone knows Tesla invented Facebook. Nosenberg stole it!

Attached: 1521359173496.jpg (780x827, 213K)

This image speaks to me in a language I do not know but feel as if I understand

Attached: E78B0C8F-F454-4846-993E-D417898D687B.png (1334x750, 1.78M)