Has anyone here read Sanctuary? What'd you think of it?

Has anyone here read Sanctuary? What'd you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W9BYNcsej3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cambodians had it tough.

that backstory really was some heavy shit

the hard times of manga being mirrored upon localization I nearly forgot

I kept dropping it and picking it back up somehow and never finished it.

I thought it was dogshit, just like pretty much everything Buronson wrote, except for Fist of the North Star for some reason. There's just something about his work that I hate.

>except for Fist of the North Star
Ironic you liked his most juvenile-targed work. exactly what didn't you like about sanctuary? I thought it was thrilling to be honest.

It’s definitely a manga women wouldn’t understand.

women can understand ikegami ryoichi's handsome men, perhaps

no need to understand
there are two qts on the cover

>Ironic you liked his most juvenile-targed work

No, it would be ironic if I criticized his other work for being immature, which I didn't.

>exactly what didn't you like about sanctuary?

It's been years since I read it. Mostly I remember thinking that the plot was sub-B movie level while simultaneously apparently thinking it was deep, and the art is hideous.

Paneling is weird indeed.

It's good but politics were too heavy-handed. We got it, the older you are the eviler you become, and Japan's yamatoo damashii > filthy America. Stop with this shit and give me yakuza and politicians scheming

His art is pretty unique, so in that sense I respect it, and I can certainly imagine people loving it, but it doesn't work for me. Just a question of taste.

It was shit

>Power fantasy with Isekai tier protag
>wanking over nip superiority
>Dull view on morality and character development
>White and black politics

I dont understand why people like it in the first place. Was it the first "mature" manga you read?

>the art is hideous.
Does not compute

Didn't read OP but dropped Crying Freeman because of the similar reasons, it was fun on the character level, but hot garbage on organizations level. Strain was ok till the end, since it's about the people till the end.

I just don't see how Hojo could have done anything to change Japan with Asami dead

I learned a lot about Japanese politics though

Loved it when I was in High School. Haven't read it since.

this made me CRY ;_;

>Ironic you liked his most juvenile-targed work

Do you even know what irony is lad?

Reminds of that time I read some MU reviews on Sanctuary, I now know never to check those out of curiosity.

I love it, I read it a few years ago but I always seem comments like these so I wonder if perhaps my enjoyment of it would change if I were to re-read it right now because at the time it was more or less among the first few manga I read.

Pretty sure i dropped it when the flabby powerful politican had a threesome with the young politican and a hooker. It really was sub-B movie level at that point like said.

However the scene with the girl waking up naked in her bed and tomato juice between her legs was hilarious.

This manga is shit. I was totally convinced he straight up traced or otherwise copied real pictures onto the manga. Especially when the main guys are shown shirtless (and always JACKED like a bodybuilder) or when sex is shown.

Story was also brainless, and just morally confused. Author came off as a lazy low-talent right wing autist

masterpiece, I love character drama. the intertwining storylines were great, it was a real adrenaline rush to read.

OVA was pretty great too, OST is top tier~really captured the mood well.

only thing I didn't care for was the policewoman's romance w/ Hojo, pretty boring.

>I was totally convinced he straight up traced or otherwise copied real pictures onto the manga.
No need to be jealous, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=W9BYNcsej3g

This manga seems to be far more polarizing than I imagined. Either you love it or you hate it type of deal.

I didn't think it'd be that way honestly, I figured the consensus would be that it's a fun ride all around.
Sup Forums proves me wrong, yet again.