What exactly does the anime industry think makes a good show now?inb4 it sells well. Okay, so what sells well?

What exactly does the anime industry think makes a good show now?inb4 it sells well. Okay, so what sells well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0NzZvYIyb0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do the industry even care about making good shows? They are just playing with market trends.
The few individuals that feel the need to be creative and make some new things don't represent the industry by the way, they are a minority.

Those stupid fans should really get sick of these trends.

1. fujoshit
2. isekai
3. fate

A good show has staying power, will still be talked about in the years to come.

Forgot to add: after airing.
So long running series do not apply.

Would you say studios that make quick cash grab shows to be short sighted? It will be profitable during only its run then everyone will forget about it but a memorable something that stands out as having actual quality will still be remembered and bring in cash years after the show aired.

The goal of non-original anime is to advertise the source material.
If people keep talking about it years after, it results in a constant influx of potential sales for the manga/VN
Especially when the common "S2 never" happens and forces people to buy it in order to know what happens next.

That's what the industry considers good shows? Then why does it look more like they're making quick cash grabs?

It's not like it matters for the one in the OP, even though the director is fully capable of doing serious shows and he's had several chances to choose, he still prefers to do comedies.

Can't fucking wait for Death March.
Lots of fun threads to be had.
youtube.com/watch?v=0NzZvYIyb0c

Cute girls with animal ears.

Will be the show to shit on for the season for sure. Unless it's already clear to everyone that's it's complete shit when the meteor comes in.

>Will be the show to shit on for the season for sure
That would be the pop team epic.

Trying to shit on Poptepic will just be met with a torrent of the "do you get it?" graph.

I trust Oonuma to deliver something entertaining at least.

Is fate a trend now?

I don't think they know, they're not even adapting isekai in any logical order based on popularity of LN/manga, it seems completely random and misguided.

But this is flopping, though.

I didn't say it was selling. I said it was good.

Then you're right, my bad.

No worries. I'm sure lots of industry people make the same mistake.

Good shows sell well, and what constitute a good show depends on the genre it's presenting.

Man, I solved the anime industry.

It just feels like a lot of the studios are trying to strike gold with a series each season. Like they're adapting random shit to see if anyone likes it, like with Dragon Maid, which sold incredibly well.
Basically:
>Find series.
>Adapt in hopes of it becoming the show of the season.
>It doesn't.
>Repeat next season.

>like with Dragon Maid
>which sold incredibly well.
>tumblr

Your point?

That you're talking out of your ass and should stop posting.

>which sold incredibly well
It was fucking kyoani. Of course it sold decently.
People lap that garbage up for some reason.

Often that isn't even the hope of the publisher. Anime adaptations are often done when a series is wrapping up. They hope to have a short-lived blip of interest to sell all the volumes which will be out of print within 2 years anyways.

They put pretty pictures consistently in front of people. It doesn't matter that they're mediocre to bad at everything but making one frame flow into the next, because that's the easiest way to judge an anime.