What's the verdict on this?

Is Rebuild a continuation? Is it Shinji trying to fix the world and he keeps fucking up so he resets it?

If that's the case, is his ability to reset not perfect as evidence of past timelines are visible such as the MP Eva outlines and blood on the moon are visible in this timeline.

yep

And what's the deal with Asuka in 3.0?

She was just infected by an angel in 2.0 but her injuries are the exact same as the ones from EOE. Did Shinji take her from that timeline and bring her into this one?

She was crushed in the cockpit. She had some prosthetics added.

She wasn't wearing that plugsuit when she got chomped by Shinji, it's her original one she was wearing when fighting the MP evas in EOE.

Why would a plugsuit she wasn't wearing be damaged in the same places?

It could be on a repeat in a movie universe not directly linked to the tv series. I like to think its a sequel from EoE. Out there floating in space is multiple unit 01s because shinji keeps repeating.

The plug suit she is wearing now in your pic is parts of the prosthetics. I assume at least.

You would see it in the plugsuit though, her arms and legs look fine to me.

Also, in the newest animator expo short, the first two stages of Asuka never happen in Rebuild. Are we looking at an Asuka that's gone between different timelines?

So she's from the One More Final timeline? Wouldn't she know or she doesn't posses reading steiner like Kaworu?

Holy shit for the longest time I thought that was her coffin or something but that's her body.

I think the continuation thing is a little bit too chronological. I think a Better answer is that there is no continuity, but they're also connected at the same time. Like a sort of fourth wall breaking reference to each other. I think the sequel/timeline theories are overthinking things and disregarding the ambiguity of the series.

You think that what happened to shinji when saving Rei happened to Auska with her face being ripped off?

That seems more logical.

Plus I like how the Evas look like with out armor, but i think this only applies to unit 1. I mean unit 00 and 02 and 08 all have different skull structures from the looks of it, I wonder if they all have different faces.

I'm more confused though as to why unit 01 looks nothing like Lillith.

I don't think even Anno knows what the hell Rebuilds are supposed to be.

I agree with this fag.

>Is Rebuild a continuation? Is it Shinji trying to fix the world and he keeps fucking up so he resets it?
Nothing to conclusively say one way or the other, but it's a pretty credible theory.
>If that's the case, is his ability to reset not perfect as evidence of past timelines are visible such as the MP Eva outlines and blood on the moon are visible in this timeline.
Well yeah, if he keeps fucking it up obviously he's not doing it perfectly. Hell, if he was doing it *perfectly* there'd be no Angels, no NERV, no SEELE, etc to begin with. But that screwed up world is the only one he knows, so that's what he draws from in building a new one, so it winds up being mostly the same and screwed up in mostly the same ways.

Yui's AT field dictates its appearance

Why is this in French?

Ahhh....

Of course it is, did any of you even read the manga?

Re:Take or official?

* shrug *
Pourquois pas?

>Opens up kindly to Misato in 2
>Is a hardass that hates everything in 3
What did Anno mean by this anyway

He wanted to confuse the hell out of everyone as usual