How did the vikings felt when they came to England, France, Greece...

How did the vikings felt when they came to England, France, Greece, pretty much anywhere and they all had better architecture than the viking woodenhuts and mudhuts?

Attached: Cathedral_of_Exeter_edit.jpg (2576x1968, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians
youtu.be/RHHLFFy6CWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They chimped out.

“Look at how ugly and short they are...guess I’ll take Normandy.”

Attached: BCEBCDA8-489C-4046-9A77-94F889CB3C1E.jpg (220x293, 35K)

After years on Sup Forums I never built a snownigger folder.
Time to build one I suppose.

Attached: 1408445535911.jpg (1400x1108, 471K)

We saw things we liked and improved upon them.

>Get ur timeline right

Attached: 7e66d8e619ec0547975e9db1dfaad185_omvisning-i-nidarosdomen-3-1[1].jpg (960x640, 681K)

The absolute state of that church is laughable. Do you guys even into restoration? Is it frowned upon to hire professional stone carvers to restore stuff in Brittan? Or is it just too expensive for you..

>Get on our level

Attached: fiRswWwBkeUSYfWdd086Og_RYAse9SxIEVroM4WHHosw[1].jpg (1200x675, 227K)

not much gothic architecture was around during viking times desu

We

wuz
VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pagancucks are larpers and nothing more

Attached: asshatru.jpg.png (500x597, 121K)

You didn't build this.

Attached: 1521076142866.jpg (237x213, 12K)

Probably awed, impressed, and gleeful when they were all unguarded at first.

You did not build anything after 0BC neither Pagancuck

Attached: muhpaganismlarping.jpg.png (1245x922, 1.02M)

there are actually historical accounts of this!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians

They were typically awestruck. The sheer progress and power that the southern Christian nations exuded likely lead to a quicker conversion of the Scandinavian peninsula and adoption of cultural values that would otherwise have dodged them.

you guys are dumb if you believe this, they already knew buildings like that existed. They're just buildings, they wouldn't have cared or been impressed, they were used to seeing mountains and they were a nature worshipping people. And they were expecting to see big buildings like that...hence why they picked those place to raid in the first place, monastries and churches had treasure and gold

Knowing of something is different than being there. I knew of the grand canyon and Notre Dame Cathedral before I went to them, but I still shat my pants when I saw them in person.

>you guys are dumb if you believe historical accounts
You're right, we should just listen to TVs Vikings, right?

We found a nice place to shit in

//Thread

Attached: Respectvikingcock123.png (1998x3241, 1.42M)

SKYKANG

The Colosseum wasn't built until around 75 AD.

You are an idiot!

Attached: Roman_Legionary_11-1.jpg (770x492, 101K)

Yeah sure they weren't great builders but all noble dynasties in Europe have Viking origins.

The ones who build it converted to Christianity tho, vikings also. It's underage edgelords and liberals who brought forth neopaganism 2000 years later.

Piss off sweden

Attached: 1521467669293.gif (1114x835, 123K)

If the vikings seeing roman architecture blows your mindimagine how the Indians, Japanese, or Africans who came to Europe to study during colonization felt (maybe the Japanese less so, they're pretty goo architecturally)
It's like entering an entirely alien world. Not just the important buildings are grandiose and made of stone, but every fucking building is. They've long stone bridges, ships that sail the oceans, towering churches in every neighbourhood (because having the tallest church conferred bragging rights)

They didn't give a fuck because they were too busy raping and plundering the joints.

DumFuck.

Because there is more to a society than monumental architecture.

>mudhuts and woodenhuts

No, longhouses, 20m long and 5m wide.

Also, Scandinavians were never much for building monumental architecture. Our most famous buildings are often just simple wharfs from the Hansa days. There is more to society than muh big buildings.

Also what you posted is 15th century.

Attached: langhus.jpg (900x505, 118K)

But if you're into muh big buildings, there are some very large longhouses in Denmark.

Attached: jelling.jpg (1750x709, 749K)

This and also it's not like the Vikings were not in contact with South Europe. We had our Roman Iron Age which definitely affected our society, so they certainly were aware of muh big buildings down south.

Wonder how awed the South Europeans were when they saw our shields or ships or combs?

stop making excuses for being a useless cunt

The same way the redneck construction workers feel when they build skyscrapers in cities and look at their finished work only to realize the place will be swarming with niggers when it opens.

this

Attached: nordniggers.jpg (634x1043, 257K)

>How do the alaskan outback people feel when they come to New York
They traveled half the world pretty much constantly, they knew about more shit than your 5 square miles dwelling ancestors.

None of that exists anymore.

It always blew my mind why people here sucks nordic people's ancestors' cocks so much, they were literally snowniggers and didn't leave that many interesting buildings, even fucking natives americans built way more than them.

/thread

this

>from the brit and irishman

Still sore eh?

But OK, show me some wondrous British or Irish architecture from 800-1000 AD.

Attached: NORSED.png (1008x567, 144K)

They were lucky cunts arriving in gods garden.

B-But Varg told me I'm a shitskin

Attached: 1520167737846.png (1194x1136, 163K)

They tried to copy it clumsily, producing more unsightly abominations in the progress.

They said to themselves: one day I'm gonna claim we wuz them and shiet

exeter cathedral was finished year 1400 the viking age lasted from 800-1100 so the vikings didn't see shit

shit didnt look like that back in 800

If I remember correctly, they raped and replaced the British monarchy.

>How did the vikings felt?

>Look around
>Only non whites

>Feelsgood.jpg

>volyn blast
what?

I'm sorry for that. It seems that some Cypriots GREEKED his mom when he was a kid and it left him some trauma

Gothic architecture is perhaps the worst example you could use, but I guess that's the point?

Seeing as Normans spread the Gothic architecture...

Hey greek user, what do your people like more, ancient greeks or the byzantine?

Why are there barely any lasting massive stone buildings in Scandinavia?

The geology isn't fit for it. The cathedral posted ITT is made with imports. You have several descriptions of old temples, pic is of uppsala, but they are all made with wood and wouldn't last through the ages like the small stavechurches.

Attached: last ned.jpg (331x152, 20K)

We are mostly descended from Byzantines, whose migration policies affected the racial makeup of the country greatly, but modern Greeks tend to appreciate both equally, with the non-religious among them being more keen to identify with ancient Greek ideals, and the nationalists/conservatives among them being more likely to identify with Greece's Byzantine past.

I think that it was much more difficult to survive in scandinavia for these tribes due to the weather conditions. Thats why to build this kind of building was no point as it would be very difficult to heat it. Nobody were building big buildings, because in winter they would be uninhabitable. And also because of harsh living conditions only the strongest survive, hence the based viking genes. You would never understand what it is to live in north catacuck.

Byzantium bears a strong association with the Orthodox church, whereas ancient Greece is perceived to be more secular. That's the primary difference between the two, in the modern Greek mind.

Why are you replying to a brown "person" ?

The Germanic cattle farmer longhouses emerged along the North Sea coast in the third or fourth century BC and might be the ancestors of several medieval house types such as the Scandinavian langhus, the English, Welsh and Scottish longhouse variants and the German and Dutch Low German house. Pic is a Nordic Bronze Age longhouse.

Attached: last ned (1).jpg (283x178, 8K)

I have nothing against him, should I?

Same from the viking era

Attached: images (1).jpg (337x150, 6K)

>Uses picture of Exeter Cathedral to point out norman inferiority.

From Exeter Cathedral on Wikipedia:
"In 1107 William Warelwast, a nephew of William the Conqueror, was appointed to the see, and this was the catalyst for the building of a new cathedral in the Norman style."

The Gothic version of the cathedral was even lather than this,

Vikings cared more about surviving rather than building fancy shit. They perfected it. You probably couldn't even make a fire without lighter, neither could I now... But I hope you get the point.

Gothic architecture started in the 12th century, when vikings were no longer active.

They were aware of their inferiority so they assimilated those cultures. Simple. Save for naval engineering of course.

Attached: file.png (550x223, 326K)

OP is a fag.
The church in his pic is not from the viking age

They wanted pussy not archiecture.

>youtu.be/RHHLFFy6CWs
Vikings were the sea peoples of the dark ages. Just a bunch of asshole pirates AKA boatniggers.

Norse doesn't mean viking.

Success breeds jealousy~

Attached: 1521550278594.jpg (800x770, 612K)

COMFY
O
M
F
Y

Attached: 21815496281_99b2907afc_b.jpg (1024x683, 274K)

Damn it feels good to be a boat nigger

Real talk though, bullying threads like these is a test of character. Much like mutt threads for you, you're generally only offended if you are a mutt yourself.
I'm not offended because I know Scandinavia is at the top of every social ranking today, no matter how irrelevant we were 2000 years ago.

No, you don't understand.

I'm an Anglo. We're the boatniggers of the world. I'm proud of my viking heritage.

Attached: IMG_5811.jpg (620x307, 61K)

>I'm an Anglo.
>I'm proud of my viking heritage.
Are you referring to the sexual violence of the vikings in the british isles? Sorry for being autistic, Scandinavia is too german desu

This is nigger shit user. Im sorry your ancestors never contributed to anything constructive to white civilization

Attached: 801226b1c9c0042b1de108beee3cdf97--viking-hall-viking-longhouse.jpg (640x960, 126K)

Wow, you have stone and thus, have stone buildings. Uh, congratulations?

We have wood, grass and mud and thus we have wood, grass and mud buildings.

Attached: mytltuA8WT1t08imeo1_500.jpg (500x490, 51K)

Attached: 745743-12-1436893114143.jpg (500x375, 202K)

constantinople was called 'the great city' by them but that was it. paris, pisa and seville must have been shitholes cause they got sacked

Attached: 24c7678541bda5b01953c1d366d26090.jpg (736x1104, 147K)

Attached: a8d48df97e23a72379d14a6eff23f18.jpg (500x750, 57K)

Attached: 8f4a6a110a77a1781368a8a36ee99d11.jpg (736x559, 118K)

You don't actually believe this. Im sorry that your ancestors were basically niggers, even Muslims were more advanced. Just be happy the vikings were conquered by a more powerful civilization, otherwise you would probably be living in an african tier hut and drinking semen

Attached: np1almItJ81s5pbxno1_1280.jpg (673x1000, 150K)

you guys had mudhuts too until the frenchified vikings conquered you and forced you to adopt their culture. fun fact, the viking who conquered england, knut the great, was later called 'the most effective king in all of anglo-saxon history'

>You have several descriptions of old temples, pic is of uppsala, but they are all made with wood and wouldn't last through the ages like the small stavechurches

They were also killed by fanatical Christian faggots and their dirty Semitic cult of mindless fanaticism. Christians were like ISIS going around destroying things that weren't about them, or building on top of them (e.g. stave churches)

Attached: 4f3a956c3202fd312779f204b63b3f3c.jpg (736x722, 88K)

Attached: 78tg876rer.png (1274x430, 468K)

Attached: 03295yh.png (679x555, 398K)

>killed

Meant destroyed and burnt

Lots of Anglos have viking heritage from rape. But most of us have viking heritage from Norsemen moving over and settling farms

Unlike niggers, they thought "hey we should try and emulate this architecture and lifestyle in our own countries". 1000 years later and they're the best countries to live in on a global scale.

Attached: 96ee78784.jpg (465x700, 85K)

This looks comfy and superior to wheat fields

Attached: ribe_vikingecenter_sydvestjylland.jpg (1600x926, 266K)

Attached: 7a26c0fc80a76a243583bddbf5b8b49f--viking-house-viking-s.jpg (736x502, 72K)

>hungary
>european

top kek m9

Attached: 7325ae7ab6cf45b7156e95008ce8a021.jpg (640x960, 102K)

This, truth to be told the reason they allow niggers and sand niggers into Scandinavia is because on the most basic level they are the same.

>mudhuts too

For fucks sake, no one was living in mudhuts in Europe. We had timber structures since the neolithic, Henrik.

Attached: ead291086dc7a087791242eed7e66d06--kings-living.jpg (501x334, 42K)

how is this robbing behavior different from Imperialistic European countries like Britain, France, Spain, Portugal etc? Or what current world powers exercise?

Attached: 694c49206ec63eb70e665112c33fa9e7.jpg (736x814, 101K)

>county of York
WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHIT