Driverless Cars- Where do you stand?

After the recent death and video release where do you stand on driverless cars? I don't think the 'switch operator' argument even came into play...

>Source
apnews.com/74f6266086264bbfb0f6c8ed857465f1/Experts:-Uber-self-driving-system-should-have-spotted-woman

Also, pretty sure this is a dude- also multiple felon.

Attached: Oh shit.png (1911x947, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RASBcc4yOOo
youtube.com/watch?v=xGi6j2VrL0o
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5524031/PICTURED-Felon-wheel-killer-self-driving-Uber-car.html
youtu.be/1XOVxSCG8u0?t=30s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most of the blame lies with the kike crossing the road.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a tranny goblin in an autonomous car running you down in the street - forever.

Attached: AnOversizedRedBootStompingOnAHumanFaceForever.jpg (300x295, 30K)

Maybe Tay lives and marches on? Riding over kikes one at a time

Attached: la luz.jpg (250x214, 2K)

I used to love the idea but nothing good can come from them. It's just another step towards humans becoming cattle. No skills, no purpose, just have our robot overlords take care of us.

Truely, the progressive future we deserve.

>and of course she is fat

>She

youtube.com/watch?v=RASBcc4yOOo

Attached: FOREVER.gif (225x169, 487K)

Yes, take my autonomy away from me and give it to Elon Musk, Google, and Uber! Transhumanism is BASED!

Attached: 1516563395091.gif (413x243, 51K)

I agree! We should eliminate all technology and other false gods from our lives!

I still shift mine manually... you think I want this shit?
I think self driving cars either need to be introduced all at once, or not at all.

Attached: rafaela vasquez.png (658x948, 749K)

Obviously not in front of one!

kek, iswydt

Attached: rimshot.gif (240x184, 172K)

If only it were that easy... nothing short of nuclear war or a global EMP would make that happen.

I think there's a big difference between being cautious and a luddite.

>I wonder if the woman hit even knew they were testing autonomous cars in the area?

youtube.com/watch?v=xGi6j2VrL0o

Wow. So brave :'^) Diversity truly is our greatest strength goy- I mean guys! Heh...

Attached: 1519524788677.png (678x652, 84K)

>humans becoming cattle
Those that are not will be heading for the stars.

If you jaywalk on a busy road at night without looking both ways, you deserve the outcome. The only way Uber is at wrong here is if the cars headlights were off.

whoops meant
for

The person they killed was going to cure cancer next week.

Attached: 1519539913581.png (124x148, 30K)

But think about New York or any heavily populated urban city- the kill count is gonna rack up- those fuckers jaywalk like walking to the john.

how many dicks do you think have passed between those smug lips

>tfw Si-fi films in the 80's still hold up better today better than shit made in post 2010...

WTF went wrong with the si-f genre?

Who programmed it? Was it contracted out to pajeets that watched a few youtube videos about machine learning and then slapped this AI together?

Kek

>YFW your sabotage of the captcha that plagues Sup Forums finally goes into a product.

It's safer than human drivers, but introduces a moral problem when assigning blame.

The only way around it is to mka the car in such a way that the human driver is responsible. Like a deadman switch for the AI.

they are a neat idea in that they could massively assist with congestion / maximize use of the roads; instead of buying cars just have loads of automated taxis round, then convert the taxis to delivery vehicles during the day while most people are at work.

there is another pretty big advantage from a 'people management' perspective in that once you have automated cars all over the place and reasonable ban the use of none automated cars, or easily block them with 50 automated cars, you can completely lock down the movement of people at the push of a button. e.g. suspect some people may be gathering together to mass protest outisde the white house, track all the cars.... switch them off.

it will be a snowball effect. even though it seems like techno-junk right now, so were mobile phones a couple of decades ago. now people are glued to them and automatically assume everyone has one.. and all the apps that go with them.

self-driving cars seem miles off now, but once there are enough of them on the road they'll rapidly replace the manual drives and you'll need a license or reason to be using one on the road, e.g. that it's an excavator and you're pulling some road up.

part of 'the trick' to them working is having lots of them around and them being able to communicate with each other / a server, so they know exactly where the others are in front and behind and whether they're about to speed up / slow down / change lanes / turn etc.

I mean

I dont see how a human would have been able to react in time

That was practically suicide

They couldn’t possibly drive worse than most of the dumb ducks I see on the road everyday.

In Europe, they build cars for manoeuvrability, so the vehicle reacts sooner to the actions of the driver, and people are more effective to prevent accidents.
In UK and US, they build cars to survive better a crash at high speed, even if that results in greater injuries for the victim.
Notice how in our countries there is a bigger push for self-driving vehicles?

the car was going fast as fuck and the bitch was walking slow as fuck. Human eyes would’ve picked it up faster. Pic related

Attached: E5083178-35AD-41CC-8F9E-9B2FF8BABBDD.jpg (793x489, 131K)

I think in this situation there was no moral dilemma- the car stopped (if done automatically) b/c a collision was detected. The car probably didn't notice the woman (since it was night and she was jaywalking). Then the question comes to blame and responsibility. Is it the owner/attendant who failed to pay attention or the software? I am sure there will be a bunch of cases in the coming years- but ultimately through argument and lobbying, I believe blame will reside with the owner. Its a failure to control your vehicle, which will help insurance and software companies indemnify themselves from responsibility.

But after establishing trust in self-driving 'safe' habits, I could see a lot of people facing jail/restitution just because they trusted their car's Ai a little too much.

Fucking sci-fi future...

Anyone know how far the dotted lines are apart on the road

this, i can see the technology having uses in more controlled environments (like those golf cart things that cruise around major airports)

but i find it funny how the same faggots who were whining about how they hate cars and that cars need to gtfo in favour of more public transport are now circlejerking up a storm over driverless cars

>no crosswalk
>no reflectors
>pitch black street
No sympathy for the dead chick. She played with fire and got burned.

>survive better a crash at high speed

i was on a training program with Nissan a while ago. having put the cuck suckers together i definitely wouldn't want a truck hitting the door... it's basically just two really thin bits of sheet metal with some plastics bits in the way; e.g. speaker, inner door panel.

Very many id imagine, especially of the dark type

Its inevitable. Will be some problems for them to work out but because these are large systems when they work them out theyll be worked out forever everywhere that system is.

Its probably already safer % wise then human drivers. I dont want to ever ride a car I cant have control of at a moments notice but I expect theyll price people who want to drive themselves out of the insurance market eventually. Might have decades for that though.

If they ever really took off it would drastically alter the automobile and oil industries. Probably kill most of them off.

10 ft per federal guidelines

jesus fucking tits.

Attached: 1520893027364.jpg (640x480, 67K)

always remember trump doesn't want to kick these goblins out because they work jerbs and pay taxes MAGA what a fucking shithole america is

Attached: 1512781551031.jpg (720x800, 232K)

>that video
I fucking knew it. The instant I read the story I knew it was the pedestrian's fault and now the footage confirms it.
It was one of those arrogant asshole jay walkers who don't even bother watching for traffic because they are SO sure you will stop. The woman died because she was a self centered retard. And now he final act of retardation has even managed to slow down the progression of automation. What a fucking winner she was.

>I believe blame will reside with the owner

nah, you got that backwards. there'll be a big push towards driver-less vehicles because it can potentially massively increase the amount of traffic moving around without congestion / increase vehicle usage.

they'll change the laws to make it the person crossing who needs to pay more attention / use appropriate crossings; e.g. rather than pedestrian crossing, but a bridge over it / underpass.

it'll be the same as trains. if you walk out onto the track, it's not the drivers problem, even if they're approaching a level crossing.

Typical fuckin retarded pedestrian. She was crossing the street with her head down. I can't believe stupid pedestrians are.

If reddit is for it, I'm against and there are few things they love more than driverless cars because the faggots depend on having a parent drive them everywhere anyway

Wow. That sure is a good idea for making a small amount of people insanely rich.
But what about the rest of us?
Not smelling curry when riding in a cab and saving 5 minutes of drive time is not enough incentive for me to part with my right to freely travel or the right to be in control of my vehicle/safety.

Attached: 1517262330098.gif (428x225, 3.67M)

Based cyberpunk future

Attached: 1502058554043.png (822x741, 417K)

Exactly this.

>checks flag
>disregard post

You are right, I meant a frontal collision.
Note to people: never shit on the co-pilot seat. It is the second most deadly place in a car, right after the baby seat in the middle.

fck the auto-complete.

I'm not falling for it Russia.
This is a different person and likely a fake caption.

>cunts killed a cunt because cunts can't into roads and driving

Nothing to see here. First they build a feminist bridge, now they entrust a driverless car to one.

Lmao just because of reddit?

I can already tell the internet isn't for you.

>Driver wasn't looking at road

I've seen multiple experts warning about this very thing in regards to the 'assisted' driving shit they're testing now.. Same with the Tesla. Actually DRIVING a car and paying attention is a lot easier than sitting in one, not doing anything while still being mindful of all the things you should be mindful of while driving. People are not made for extended periods of just observing sharply without any further activity.. That's not how our attention span works.

I'll never get in one personally. If one of them runs over a loved one I'll kill everyone involved. Also, I plan to start a lucrative career hacking and stealing them.

Feel free to go back any time

My dad is like this. He thinks he's entitled to be able to cross the road without looking because "that's the driver's job!" so he just doesn't.

Attached: 1505047286551.png (485x443, 26K)

I don't know a single person irl who thinks that self-driving cars are a good idea

Yes, it is the driver's job to yield to pedestrians. That doesn't mean they will, but a fucking self-driving car should be programmed to always yield to pedestrians.

>Driverless Cars- Where do you stand?
You can't stand in a car.

Attached: images[1].jpg (318x159, 7K)

>That sure is a good idea for making a small amount of people insanely rich.

which is why it'll happen

>But what about the rest of us?

tough titties, as usual

>Not smelling curry when riding in a cab

you could easily make the vehicles in two parts, so there's a seating cab for it that goes on in the morning to carry people and then a general haulage / delivery cab that goes on the bulk of them after 10am to deliver cargo

>saving 5 minutes of drive time

it's not just the 5 minutes each person saves. if you think about how many cars there are in the US and that they spend the majority of the day parked in a car park, then multiply all those millions by the millions of hours they could be out driving around delivering more consumer junk to stores, it's a >huge< cargo carrying potential

>not enough incentive for me to part with my right to freely travel or the right to be in control of my vehicle/safety.

see part two + they'll argue that latter point in reverse. that you're actually making the roads >less< safe by having a manual drive when 90% of the others are automated. once enough of the others are automated, they'll be safer than the none automated ones

My point is that some people are so fucking stupid that they'd risk their lives just to be "right"

Holy fucking newfag

Attached: 1517753832508.png (420x420, 267K)

No, but you can handstand on top.

Attached: images (14).jpg (275x183, 8K)

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5524031/PICTURED-Felon-wheel-killer-self-driving-Uber-car.html

Attached: g600616996[1].gif (200x189, 621K)

That's because it's public transportation retard

I think you might be very right- crazy...

I love God so much.

It's an unbelievable stupid thing to take a stand on but I see many people on the road doing the same as your dad.

We can only contain it for so long. You contain it for one election cycle and the next cycle they allow self driving tractor trailers.
Then they allow self driving cars. Ten years later you are legally required to have a self driving car.

A tranny ran over a homeless druggie. I don't know why you guys are freaking out.

language!

Why do some people insist on assigning all blame to one and only one person whenever something goes wrong?

1. If you cross the road at night, in dark clothes and don't pay attention to traffic, you risk getting hit. They both fucked up and typically it's the person with the potential of causing damage, ie the driver, who has the onus of preventing the accident.

2. If you don't pay attention to the road while responsible for the operation of a vehicle and are ready to stop in far less than observable road ahead of you, you should not hold a driver's license.

I won't argue that. I ride a bicycle in the city and I almost run over retarded niggers in the daily.

>I ride a bicycle in the city
I hope you get cancer.

The sad part is that the government is entertaining the idea of absolving all self-driving car companies from any liability whatsoever, which is absolutely fucking insane. This bitch in Tempe is playing right into this narrative.

You first fat nigger.

Driver's have multiple things to pay attention to while driving - other stupid drivers, stupid pedestrians, traffic signs and lights, road debris.

A pedestrian just has to follow the rules of where to cross and make sure no car is barreling towards them. That's it. This woman is 100% at fault, I'm not even sure a driver paying attention could have avoided her and if he did could have potential served off the road or hot another car.

This woman is the source of the problem, it started and ended with her.

Oh God, please let this happen. The possibilities for hilarious abuse are too many to count.

Truck of peace into a synagogue by remote control. What could go wrong?

Pic of the victim

Brahh....

Attached: (((victim))).png (642x787, 878K)

I think it's hilarious how half of Sup Forums suddenly cares so much about a druggie hobo who can't even check for headlights
All because MUH JEW CATTLE CARTS
This place just keeps jumping bigger sharks

That dude shouldn't be out in the wild. Put it down.

Maybe we deserve it- we strayed too far...

Attached: tfw when to important to look at impending death.jpg (1646x657, 58K)

Stop trying to subvert our free will you fucking kike.

I, for one, welcome our new Robot Overlords.

Attached: might makes right.gif (480x270, 3.59M)

And yet, here you are, defending a 56% tranny convict who couldn't manage to do the one thing it was paid to do.

The goblin was texting while the car was going. Why the fuck would Uber let this thing behind the wheel of it's company? This bitch set the whole thing back 5 years just by looking at her damn phone.

I'm pro-automation and think in the long run this tech will save lives 100x over any gun legislation.

From what I've seen, I doubt a human driver could have avoided the crash, unless he was driving a race car which brakes to a halt in 2 meters. But of course, it was an autonomous car, so let's place the blame on that.

The sensors are probably like your typical sensors, they cant detect blacks.
Guess I'm all for it.

>Human eyes would’ve picked it up faster. Pic related
No, pic related is the actual lighting level of the area: youtu.be/1XOVxSCG8u0?t=30s
Anyone would have seen it from a mile away. The video is doctored to spread disinfo and protect Uber and the driver. They released shitty, darkened footage on purpose. Regardless, the car should have detected any object in front of it before being on public roads

Attached: 1521716837357.jpg (4160x3088, 1.62M)