Death Note Thread

Am I the only person that doesn't care that Light failed and died?

Seriously, the dude turned into a total cunt by episode 5. Fuck him.

Yes he deserved death

Thank you

I just hate that the smug cunt known as N easily won. I felt like I wasted my time on this shit. Fuck N.

But he didn't fail, he wiped out a lot of criminals, and people will still be shitting their pants 100 years after his death, they won't do crime.

He was groomed and was validated at a young age for being special and for being the next replacement of L. Why wouldn't he be smug? You think any assfuck orphan would be picked up by Watari?

user he trusted L to have the case almost done with, he just needed to nip any loose ends.

N was one of the gifted kids like L. If L was almost unstoppable, N was the end of the line.

To be able to appriciate Light you have to understand that Light does not kill randomly and uneffectively.
The result he bring is astounding. That means for place such as Mexico and Brazil you can safely run around at night without having to eat copper candies, rape and rope. That means there is no North Korea, No IS nothing that majority of human considered as evil and crime can exists
We can just leave the execution of serious criminal scums to Light and let the security handle smaller scale crime.
We human all benefits.
But he and his vision is just too advanced, and unachievable because we are all but human deep inside we are jealous of his power and can't bear with the idea of an God exists and rule us to his will.

I dare say it is lucky that God is as he is and not visible to our eyes, the moment he become visible to us that moment will will bring him down.

Light was a cunt, but it's just painful that he dies so pathetically and at the hands of character noone liked
L should have been the one to kill him

>does not kill randomly
>literally kills whoever shows up on tv

*tips gaijin hat*

The only times he saved lives by using the death note were when these two things were true:
The supposed murderer was actually guilty
The murderer was likely to kill again
Light thinks himself better than the legal system, but he's really only building off of what they know and therefore just has more ways to make mistakes. He's probably killed thousands of innocent people (and guilty people who were never going to harm anyone else and were no longer a danger). Plus there's all those people who committed lesser crimes than murder - It's not saving lives if no one was going to die in the first place. Light wasn't being that picky about his victims.

That was mostly just a death penalty argument, but even if you agree with the death penalty, Light becomes a plain ol' murderer the second he kills Lind L. Taylor, who is (to his knowledge) a completely innocent man. In fact, he's a man who Light thinks has saved many people and would continue to do so, if not dead. And he goes on to kill several other good people (Raye Penber and his FBI colleagues come to mind) all in the name of self preservation.

What matters most, that humanity is improved or that some dude who was a cunt died?
What matters most, feels or reals?

How about 70% murder drop rate?

>I dare say it is lucky that God is as he is and not visible to our eyes, the moment he become visible to us that moment will will bring him down.
Jesus says hi.

Except 99% of his kills were people already rotting in jail. Literally fucking useless.

Because he is also human inside.
Things happen because justice system cant and refused to fully cooperate with Kira.
Kira knows to well what will happen if a god without omnipotent power dare to exists.
But in the end, he is effectively lower crime rate over all, there was sacrifices of innocents but worth it.
The chances of better security in the future is there, but we human just ruined it.

Kira 100% made the world safer, but made it a shit ton less free. Most likely this type of justice would lead to witch hunts where people would post on social media accusations without proof just to get someone they didn't like killed.

Good thing that will never happen in our world...

I sometimes wonder what the world would have looked like if Light had never died, like what would he have done as an old man? Pass the death note onto his child, that is if he had one? If Light had never been caught, it just makes me wonder.

This is some high quality fedora autism

> Light does not kill randomly and uneffectively.

He Is not omnipotent if the police just officially ask him to cooperate and have him well under control. He will face both social pressure and justice pressure.

But they didnt

Manga death is much more satisfying if you didn't like Light by that point.

I argued with your meme inducing "muh 70% crime" idiots in the other death note threads and won''t do it again. You guys will still parrot the same drivel over and over again while merely tweaking your arguments a little. Not worth it.

If you think a crazed psychopath killing indiscriminately any criminal is a good thing for the planet, then so be it. Bask in your ignorance.

You're assuming he would agree to cooperate, but he has no reason to. If he did, he would kill cops until Kira sympathizers were in control and then have them feed him information.

There's no social pressure either because he thinks himself a god, so either you're a believer or a heathen

He got a taste of his own medicine. N deserved to humiliate him.

I wasn't agreeing with him asslord. Kira made the world SAFER, but he didn't make the world better, more moral, etc. Safer =/ better

The moment he killed Light and the people doing investigation for the Kira Task Force was the moment your argument went out the window.

Anybody who challenged Light would be killed swiftly at the comfort of his home. So no just because crime statistics show a reduce in crime doesn't mean the world is safer. It just means people are too scared to do crime and are now kept in line from doing anything. Authoritarian rule of the world by someone on the planet you don't know =/ safer.

He literally killed a guy because he said "1v1 me feget" on TV.

Kira only killed criminals and people who tried to stop him from killing criminals though, which is the right course of action from the utalitarian point of view (which light held)

So less worldwide murder, theft, burglary, rape, assault DOES NOT equal safety

k

And guess what authourian rules for centuries Shape the culture.
People will become more calm and quiet, mind their own bussiness and think twice before doing something stupid. People generally become responsible.
The final result will be a peaceful, safe country whether Kira continue to exists or not.
I think Light will get boring and with his mindset he will want to protec the result of his work he will find a way so that no one can be the next Kira.

I think most people who claim he should have won are just being edgy, or they wanted him to win for the sake of an interesting story. Once he started killing police and guys like Ray Penber and his fiance he was morally indefensible.
It’s the “Griffith did nothing wrong” of Death Note.

Still a great character though. His death scene has a wonderful piano theme to it. Makes me happy.

No he killed any person getting in his way. When L was killed he laughed at his grave and felt like he could do no wrong.

Light has killed innocents inorder for his plan to continue, which therefore throws the argument that he only targets criminals. Any person who would amass a protest, governments who decide to ratchet up surveillance spending or celebrities publicly denouncing his efforts would all be killed without a moments hesitation.

Your credence in Light's ideal has blinded you to the fact he is a psychopath.

It's not about killing innocents or criminals, that literally makes no difference on the long run. Light's only shot at making the world better was spreading voodoo magic fear that you'd be killed by a God if you did something wrong. Not the police, but a God. That could probably work for a while because holy shit magic amirite?
Only for a while because after 5 or 10 years people would just get used to it and it'd just be another death penalty administrated by a human with superpowers or something. Nothing to be afraid of, so crime would go back to normal with a few differences (people protecting their names/faces)

Now manipulating politics? That could have changed the world but Light was a retard

he was a psychotic megalomaniac, but he only killed criminals and the few people who actively tried to ruin his plans
this is a small price to pay for the significant reduction of crime worldwide

It would have been much more interesting to see Light become the God of the world and go completely mad with power only to be eventually dethroned

Culture will be change, education will be change, how parents teach their children will be change.
Towards the next 20years humanity will change permanently even if Kira cease to exists.
For example even when he failed
Even when Kira death people still pray for him, that Is already a permanent change.
Imagine how much larger the impact if he success?

Exactly, he is a psychotic megalomaniac who doesn't like anyone offering up dissenting opinions. You think someone who claims himself to be a god would allow lowly human being to critique his acts of god? No. Punishment would be rained down swiftly to rain down any idea of rising up and fighting.

Light made the planet worse and the people less free. The world would be a prison where anything that got you in the news would have you quickly killed off without a trial. And that is the worst part about it, Light only knows what the media allows him to know. If a criminal is wrongly convicted but he sees him or her on television and writes down his or her name, then he just added another long list of people who did nothing wrong.

I want to go back to the media part I mentioned earlier. Newspapers, television and the internet can all be manipulated by governments to take out people who they deem a thorn in side. Why send special ops to assassinate someone when Kira could do it for us? We will place false propaganda, blast his or her name on television and wait it out before out lord seeks judgement.

Light being right is a meme and you guys have nothing to stand on.

nah people don't start being "good" because they might get killed otherwise. We're all prone to doing fucked up things and it only depends on the life we lead, as long as everyone doesn't live a 10/10 perfect life, people will do crime and Kira can't change that. His cult wouldn't have changed much once people got used to him

Pretty damn sure the story tried to make it clear from the beginning that this entire thing was going to be some sort of downfall-esque story, and a commentary about moral ambiguity amongst societal beliefs on justice and evil.

>If you use that notebook, you won't go to heaven nor hell
>I'll kill you with my book when it's your time to die
>"Hurr k"

Nope. The minute criminals are allowed to run rampant, crime would skyrocket and things would be worse than they were with Kira? Why? Because the governments and police forces were completely powerless to stop a man army who could control the world. Therefore the police would be seen as a joke.

I just wished Near died too.

Near did nothing wrong. I wish Mello survived instead of him though, he deserved to get Kira's head himself

Deathnot was okey

10/10 series, should have ended with L's death

After L? Mediocre, asspulling made solely for the purpose of money. 5/10, Near and Melo are disgusting, and so is the reckless Light.

Plus, he only killed criminals and those who got on his way. Nothing wrong with that, Light was a hero

>10/10 series, should have ended with L's death
Kek. It was always bad. Light was always a retard and so was L to an extent.

>Light was a hero
You have to be 18 to post here

Yeah OP you're the only one, the most special user to ever think that.
Free cheers to OP for giving their unique opinion.