Kimi no na wa/Your name

why was it so successful?

All the good things about Shinkai without the cockblock ending his other movies have.

>all the good things about Shinkai
So just good digital effects and background art?

Do you think the cliffhanger ending was good or bad?

Character design is a step up from his previous projects, too

Watered down romance for basic bitches.

the music was on point and key to the whole fucking thing. whomever was the music director and in charge of sound deserves a lot of recognition

Bittersweet romance too, but I don't expect a baka-gaijin to get any of this, so yeah.

It wasn't made by a pedo with a CP stash.

Because people memed Keitai this movie not even remotely similar had to be spammed everywhere. Basically it's all Sup Forumss fault

i know this isnt the place to ask but ive asked everywhere else. my siblings want to watch this but they cant into subtitles yet, so ive been looking for a dual audio torrent but heres the catch, i can only play 10bit files on our computer wich is a desktop set up for gaming upstairs, and theres no way im dragging it all downstairs to the big screen just to play one movie, i think it would be easier to just download an 8bit file which can be played on any other device in the house. if a kind user could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

tl;dr
kimi no na wa - dual audio 8bit
does it even exist?

If they can't into subtitles at the age of 18 this movie is not for them

Normalfags

By bittersweet I think you meant bland

because it was good

Nothing becomes successful by just being good

yes, it exists
you can get the full Blu-ray

>I know this isn't the place to ask but I've asked everywhere else.
>My siblings want to watch this but they can't into subtitles yet, so I've been looking for a dual audio torrent but here's the catch, I can only play 10bit files on our computer which is a desktop set up for gaming upstairs, and there's no way I'm dragging it all downstairs to the big screen just to play one movie, I think it would be easier to just download an 8bit file which can be played on any other device in the house.
>If a kind user could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
www.google.com or amazon.co.uk might be the way to find what you're looking for.

wider audience

were you high or asleep?
how was the ending a cliffhanger?
there's a board exactly for this, you should honestly try it

>at the age of 18
huh?

yeah its looking like thats the only option, weird.

Americans aren't that fat

This movie is for that agegroup user. Not because of any unsuitable imagery or anything, but because nobody fucking else could relate to any of the characters. I'm not praising the movie, it's garbage, but you should at least understand the age demographic a movie is made for

ok thanks

ive tried /wsr/ many times

If your siblings are don't know how to read, you shouldn't show them the film

Because good publicity generates more money due to more people going. It was a fucking killer in Japan. And also it is a good movie, great looking scenes and shit, story is cool and normalfags like me bought it

ive never seen it, i heatd it was gery popular anime film, usually download ghibli stuff for them. please understand im just a normie pleb, i dont have anime knowledge like you all here.

>are don't know how to read

it's similar to keit-ai in a lot of ways
still, this is the highest grossing anime movie of all time, surely you don't think Sup Forums has that much influence surely
while that guy is off topic and apparently an idiot, the Italian dub was very good so the eng dub might have been a good reason as well

*heard it was very popular

>not a new IP
I see

Well Ghibli stuff is for toddlers. So I can understand why you'd think another animated movie from japan is also for toddlers. But alas you're wrong. Shinkai movies target a different age demographic.

Why did you reply to me if all you did was call me names?

okay fair enough. every time i ask around though i get sidetracked with non-relevant questions. back to the issue at hand though... are 8bit torrents a strange/rare thing these days? im so confused.

I wouldn't know

Word. I found myself ignoring the plot holes and just enjoying the film because the background art+music combo was irresistably seductive

>just turn your brain off lmao

reencode it then

The OP asked why Kimi no na wa was so successful and thats the proper response.

The same reason Jurrasic World is the 4th most popular movie of all time

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe it was because its a good movie

It was Shinkai at his best - gorgeous animation, art and OST. This time he managed to add a good story too.

I think the music sucked for the most part

I thought men universally didnt care for romance stories.

We're all little girls on Sup Forums.

But romance was only one part of the story, there was a lot more going on.

but how was it good, what did it have that's so good?
or, if you will, it wasn't good.

kek
take a break m8

Top notch visuals.

Probably the most beautiful anime you'll ever watch, I didn't think anime could look so good.

Also they need to give radwimps a huge fucking check cause the OST was top quality, It's not the most brilliant story wise but it holds up.

what makes it good tho, the only thing I really liked was the art, the rest was pretty generic to me
garden of words had a better story tho

Its a spectacle of what almost every human desires, a true love inexplicably connected with them through time and space.
That's why despite the characters being cardboard cutouts of "normal" people and the story being pretty cliche, people enjoyed it.

It's similar to how Millennium Actress makes a spectacle of film, though Kon also tied in the FeMC's development with the spectacle.

Trapfags are delusional as fuck

the lewdest thing they did was taki drinking mitsuha's sake
they didn't even hold hands after all that
not even hold hands

I am so mad

>great animation, dialogue, voice acting, background art - basically production value is very high-tier in these regards
>comfy as fuck
>simple body-swapping story with a couple of big twists
>cliffhanger ending to allow audience to imagine what happened afterwards
That's really all you need for a romance films. The people who watch it belong to at least one of these categories:
A) People who watched it mainly for its comfyness or animation
B) People who like romance anime

>people that like thing will like thing
I don't think sane people will watch a movie 20 times in a month. Now you tell me why people did just that with this movie

come on those are legit reasons for it success, and very few people watched it 20 times, if any