Is "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon" the best anime of 2017?

Is "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon" the best anime of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

best100.animefestival.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not best but in the top 5 for sure.

Not even close, #23
best100.animefestival.jp/

It was okay... but I had a really hard time watching after ep.10.

No

It's good, but best? I would argue between Little Witch Academia and Made in Abyss

CHU CHU YEAH

2017 was really meager.
Yeah might as well be.
2018 is going to blow everything out of the water.

Putin will get re-elected and probably set nukes on Japan.

Is Yuri on Ice really that good?

No. gtfo with your rec thread bait.

Reminder that the popularity of 3-5 min anime format is the best thing about recent 10 years of anime and you should pay it more attention every season, to the point of TRYING THEM ALL.

no. it panders to pedophiles and im actually going to be writing a letter to my state's congress representative about making anime illegal or at least arrest all the pedophiles who watch anime

Thought crimes are fun, please no.

Sup Forums - Crime & Punishment

Hello

>Little Harry Potter With No Intrigue
>good
Fuck off mate.

>anti-lolicon adaptation
>it panders to pedophiles
I mean, sure it canters to shotacon women, but the most anyone will say to that is gonna be "niiiiiiiiiiiiiice".

Wow, that list is fujo as fuck.

It is in my heart.

Yes.

Yes

not a single mention of aho girl. plebs

Not when Ai Mai Mii Surgical Friends exists.

Dumb normalfag.

LOOK CLOSER

>meager
What about MiA, PriPri, Uchouten 2, Tsuki ga Kirei, Mahoutsukai no Yome, HnK, Idol time, and Guru Guru?

>episodic moeshit with no depth
>anime of the year
No. it doesnt even tell a story or carry weight from 1 episode to the other. its just blatant fanservice for the sake of lesbian fanservice. prove me wrong though without calling me a troll because while I have my opinion on what is best im more than sure this show isnt even in the running from any serious critics point of view. If i had to find a way to word it I would say its a music video without any actual music. just a bunch of images mashed together with some rap artists name on the title. Theres no way it can win any awards for best song of the year

Granted for Guru Guru, it's good, but there's nothing really excelling in animation, story and concept.
MiA anime fell short especially in terms of tone.
Compared to past years not really impressive.

On the other hand look at all the anime coming in 2018, some really big hitters and cool stuff coming out. A big disappointment for me. Most dropped in 3 or less episodes.

there is a central arc. which is about Kobayashi's relationship with Tohru and the impact it has had on her life. Which is culiminated with her standing up to Tohru's father, and then her noticing what has changed when Tohru is gone.

Mirror thread?

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid throws the notion of the nuclear family out the window and its exploration of what this relationship means. The odd couple Tohru and Kobayashi, both disenchanted with their lives, find comfort in each other's companionship. Tohru makes no secret about a romantic and sexual attraction to Kobayashi, and while she never explicitly returns those feelings, Kobayashi accepts her role of a parent/partner raising their daughter, Kanna. The series shines not for exaggerating their eccentricity, but normalizing it. As wild as its gag comedy can get, Maidragon isn't afraid to slow down and soak in a moment. It derives both its humor and heart from the mundane goings-on of this family. Through each other, they find a sense of belonging, of togetherness, of home.

None of them have a support system in their birth family, be it due to physical separation, trust of lack of care. By the end of the series, their family with each other allows them to rediscover home, their family makes each feel whole again, despite her misgivings toward Humanity, Tohru find the acceptance she never got from the humans or dragons in Kobayashi. Kanna gets the loving and nurturing attention she didn't get from her family, while Kobayashi regains the feeling of purpose she lost in the monotonous, lonely shuffle of a regular life.

As the family circle expands, each new member finds something they were missing. Maid Dragon is an emphatic tribute to the power of family; how it shapes us, binds us together and gives us place. These invaluable connections allow us to feel complete, fulfilled. Family can be as regular or irregular as necessary to give you that feeling. There is no singular idea, as it carries different weight to every person.

The real question is when was there a better anime than Made in abyss?
I guess Ping Pong in 2014 or OPM in 2015.

I saw the "!" and the "R" and thought Himouto Umaru second season (which sucked ass) was placed 5th.

Its a work by COOL. I'm surprised anyone is searching for any real depth or meaning in it. This is the same author as the series about a guy who keeps getting titfucks, the hero needing to impregnate like 100 princesses, and the boarding house of slutty bisexual yokai. And those are just some of his non-doujin works.

>2018 is going to blow everything out of the water.

What's airing? Only thin I can name is Encouragement of Climb S3 and a potential Non Non Biyori S3.

It's the only anime I have watched in a few seasons. It's light, cute romance, Sol.

Yeah, because male idolshit is so much better than Umaru.

MiA isn't anywhere near the peak of anime. There's plenty of shows far better than it.

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Elma's armpits?

I don't have the image saved, but beer SoL, Overlord S2, Mitsuboshi and Ito Junji are on my radar.
Also ReLife OVA/S2 should be coming too which is my guilty pleasure.

Violet Evergarden

>Overlord S2
Climb and Lizards will blow everything out of the water?

\
Oh and Citrus too.
I've been aching for some true /u/.

It's already getting me more excited than anything this year except maybe for my misplaced expectations for LWA.

Judging by all the "this is your [insert dragon] for tonight" type threads since the show finished I can at least agree it has little to no staying power as far as story. The thing is that not all shows need to tell a story to be good. If anons like it for the /u/,/ss/, fat loli pandering then until something with more pandering comes along then it's the best at what it does.

in 2017? refutable

actually is #11 of 2017

but... I can't belive Yuri on Ice is 1st ... what a shame

wait, is that houseki no kuni at #4?
If only its sales could match its supposed popularity...

>in 2017?
Do you mean out of all the shows from 2017? If so then yes, there are shows better than MiA from 2017

lwa is actually garbage

no, it's king of fujobait

retard

No but it did better than I expected.

I don't think a clear standout for AOTY has happened.

I have never liked the visuals of this show, they're too bloated with color and background objects, the characters blend with the environment in a way that it's hard to focus

I think most of the contenders for AOTY are from this season. The most likely candidate for me, if it counts as this year, is pic related.

Maid Dragon a shit.

why haven't you killed yourself?

This is pasta

it is still correct though.

Yes and I just finished watching it

Lmao fuck fujos.

Nah, it's complete yuri-bait garbage and ugly as fuck to boot.

Kinobayashi Maid dragon