Who Has The Better Villains?

Which do you think has the better villains - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Dragon Ball?

DB > JoJo >>> DBZ

Surprised - are DB villains that much better than DBZ

Powerlevel wise, Dragon Ball.
Character wise, Jojo.

HxH

I think that's a fair assessment - i would say besides Dio - DBZ villains are more iconic

Definitely JoJo - Not powerlevel wise, of course.

Jojo, DIO is fucking shit but the rest are pretty solid

Hokuto No Ken

Of course someome who looks like human is better than ugly alliens.

Who do you think is better - Dio or Freiza?

Cell, freeza both had really interesting transformations, buu is lame.
Valentine, yoshikage are among my favorites the rest is pretty ok.
Overall i think db>jojo>dbz

Definitely Dio. I think Frieza is better than Kars though.

"Hurr durr I want to be the emperor of the universe/to be the best/to kill everyone!!!!!!!!" vs actual (very) good and characterised villains (besides Kars but ehh)
Wow what an hard question (I love Cell tho)

Dragon Ball villains are more iconic,except for Dio which would be close, but Jojo has definitely better villains overall. Frieza is a great villain as well though.

JoJo both character wise (obviously) and power level wise.
>Kars
Literally immortal.
>Dio
Time stop and stand, he could donut everyone in DB and they will never notice it because they can't sense stands.
He also has great endurance due his being a vampire.
>Kira
A glass cannon. If he touch the enemy, he win. Considered that DB characters can't sense Killer Queen, he would probably win.
>Diavolo
He can dodge everything with Epitaph, then erase time and kill his target with King Crimson's great strength
>Pucci
Whitesnake and C-Moon are long ranged stands, so he wins anyway.
Made in Heaven permits him to rival in speed against Freezer and friends.
>Valentine
Simply summon alternate universe Freezer/Cell/Buu for an easy win

Kars is characterised more than Dio, Diavolo,Pucci

based hairposter

Dio has a great characterization across part 1/3/6 and Pucci has the best characterization among JoJo villains.
Diavolo has the Doppio stuff that it's pretty good, but overall I would put him and Kars on the same level

(You)

Vegeta and Beerus are actually very characterized though.

Lame reductionism and asserting some false claims in between, thats a rationalization that can be done with almost any other character if you want to.

Jojos definitely have a lot more personality, especially if you're discounting Dragon Ball.

Frieza was pretty cool and similar to DIO in some ways.

>implying bait
Stand Users>Non Stand Users
It's simply.

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are the same thing, you nimrod.

Nice troll post. JoJo villains don't even come close to DBZ villains in power level.
>Kars
A single hit from most DBZ villains would probably launch him into space.
>Dio
Punches from The World would barely scratch Freeza/Cell/Buu, let alone implale them. Hell even Jotaro and Jonathan have survived direct hits from him.
>Kira
No. Any villain could just fly over to him faster than he can react and one shot him.
>Diavolo
Once the DBZ villain figures out what's going on they could just blow up the Earth like Cell and Vegeta tried to do.
>Pucci and Valentine
Fair

>Thinking silly Saturday cartoon-level villains are better than serious, competent ones.

Kars has the least amount of characterization out any of the villains, I think Diavolo was around for less chapters and even he has more.

They are both better than the One Piece, My Hero Academia and Hunter x Hunter villains

DB as a whole is far better than DBZ

stop posting this on every fucking jojo thread

>Pucci
Let me have some of what you're smoking

They. Are. The. Same. Damn. Manga.

I was obviously exaggerating, I even said that I love Cell (and I like Freezer too), but it isn't like I'm totally wrong
Freezer is a good villain, but he isn't THAT good.
Cell is fantastic character-wise, but he really hasn't an objective, he just wants to be perfect, the best. Better than "hurr durr I'm evil and I kill everyone because yes" tho
Bu lol, he is funny but come on

I didn't include them because the first became "good" literally after like 20 chapters or so (and also, he became a much more likeable chapter when he was on the good side), and the second because he was more like an antagonist, an enemy, and not a villain.
But yeah, if we want to include them, they are really good, better than Dio and Kars for sure, personally also better than Diavolo and Pucci.

Also
Zamassssssss is great, Pilaf is funny, Red Ribbon was good, Piccolo Daimao was cool, but they are absolutely not on Jojo's villains' level

Sooo yeah in my opinion
Kira = Valentine > Cell > other jojo villains except Kars > DB villains > Kars

Likeable character*

Character-wise, JoJo
Power level-wise, Naruto

Yeah man. A little kid going on adventures to mysterious, colourful locations and taking on various enemies with very human motivations and personalities while taking on local threats with the help of martial arts and building meaningful relationships along the way is literally the same as blowing up planets and fighting generic mustache twirlers with zero personality or defining combat styles while teleporting around and throwing glowing orbs at each other in meaningless mountain ranges which only serve to be blown up.

Fuck off outta here man.

>better than the One Piece and Hunter x Hunter villains
kek

what is this autism

He meant that they are literally the same manga, retard. The "Z" was only added in the anime. The manga has been called "Dragon Ball" all the way through.
Hunter x Hunter plagiarized Cell with Meruem.

Cell is a shit villain. In the Saiyan saga, the heroes fought an alien threat. Then in Namek, they fought a galactic tyrant. In the Android/Cell saga, they had no fight some evil doctor and his creations. Seems like a downgrade.

One Piece > Jojo > HxH (Ok Meruem is great, but it's really only him) > Bnha > Db as regards villains

But also as series as a whole

>He meant that they are literally the same manga
I'm well aware and that doesn't matter in the slightest shit considering the anime added the Z very close to the point where the writing clearly took a turn for the worse. The distinction is very functional when it comes to discussing the franchise.

One Piece villains are bland and forgettable. None of them are close to as iconic as Orochimaru or Madara Uchiha.

This is the best shounen ever and puts all others to shame. It's the only one that doesn't make me cringe every 5 minutes with horrendous lines, unbelievable characters, completely over-the-top designs, or ultra-contrived fighting strategies.

Jojo > HxH > Dragon Ball >>>>>> shit > One Piece

>HURRR LOL ED IS SHORT HAHAHAHAHA LOL
>cue pointless shift into "comedy" art style as ed spergs out
So fucking unfunny. I'm all for making fun of manlets but reusing the same joke every 5 seconds was fucking awful. Please tell me no one finds this funny.

I'm curious, do you genuinely believe that the only thing that makes a good villain is how many people he kills? I hope not, i'd like to know What is your definition of being "competent then? For me is someone who is a worthy opponent, someone who sets the bar so high that makes the main character look like a real hero, like freeza did it or king piccolo, altough some backstory is good to know the character's motivations, is not always needed if the villain has charming personality, or he is respected among his peers, or he has many other likeable qualities, in conclusion there's a ton of other aspects to take in consideration when we're speaking of good villains, not just hur dur dur muh "competent character" whatever that means.

They're so different it's worth judging them separately.

>I'm curious, do you genuinely believe that the only thing that makes a good villain is how many people he kills
The irony of a DBZfag accusing anyone else of this is hilarious.

During the parts they're shown in, the villains who kill the most people are DIO, who ate/zombified seventy or so villagers and mowed a few dozen people down in a car, and Kira, who only killed like forty women (unknown numbers of witnesses).

Frieza, Vegeta etc killed entire planets, Cell absorbed at least one city-worth of people, Buu killed everyone on Earth etc.

No one does. Fortunately it's something you can ignore.

ultra-contrived fighting strategies are super fun, fuck you

Don't you know how to read or what?, i never considered this was a bad thing, its a useful narrative resource if it's done right, Its like you ignored the rest of my post
Also i never considered buu a good villain, and vegeta didn't killed entire planets as you said, never showed it and never used it as a narrative resource, maybe he did it off screen, but that's irrelevant.

I ignored the rest of your stupid post because it's mind-numbingly obvious, the sheer comedy of a DBZfag accusing anyone else from virtually any series to only value villains based on death-count is more than enough to earn you your deserved ridicule.

Nice counter arguments, stay ass blasted.

>If you don't respond to my whiny shitposting with sourced essays you don't have a counter-argument
>I am very intelligent
I don't think I'm the assblasted one here.