How did she do it? How did she become so damn famous?

How did she do it? How did she become so damn famous?

Why'd you post a blank image?

Who?

Designed to be an unreasonably forgiving and altruistic waifubait figure to cater to the insecure or depressed that can't forgive themselves.

>unreasonably forgiving
>murders dude
Everyone who uses the term "waifubait" happens to be a retard. Submit study for peer review.

Disgusting vegetable

Strong compelling character with equally as strong development and relationships.

What are you talking about?
It's clearly a picture of the sky and clouds

I know exactly what you mean.

Her show is pretty good and the characters are well written.
>inb4 no
Yes.

>Designed to be an unreasonably forgiving and altruistic waifubait figure to cater to the insecure or depressed that can't forgive themselves.

except she had a legit character arc, and more developed personality then Emilia.

Why do Emilia fags lack feelings?

waifu tier in trash series

Because she came right in time for the second normalfag wave.
re:zero came out when all the waifu/otaku stuffs got mainstream. As you probably noticed anime grew big lately around 2016 thanks to netflix, anime yt reviews meme, twitch.tv animefags spreading everywhere etc.
Pretty much every normalfags (15-24yo) you can meet watched at least a few anime. And normalfags don't have much taste nor knowledges, they easily fall for the waifubait and since re:zero is one of the first and few anime they watched they cling to rem. Just like the first wave of normalfags did with mirai nikki yuno

So that explains why she was so popular before there was even an anime announcement. In japan, when it was still a Web Novel.

Before anime came out she wasn't popular, just some web novel trash character only famous amongst otakus.
With the anime release she is know worldwide, have doujins and fanart coming by dozen every month. this is what being famous means.

>before anime she wasn't popular
>she was popular amongst otakus
make up your mind already

So she was famous and the airing made her more famous? Sounds about right.

>FOTMoeblob
Trash.

>FOTM
>still popular over a year after the show ended

only amongst a bunch of otakus who are into web trash novel, it's fucking nothing and not even close to be enough for being popular.
Did she had fanarts? no. Did she had doujins? no. Did she had merch: figures, daki etc.? no.
You're delusional if you think that she was popular before the anime came out.

rem becoming more transparent...

sleep well sweet potato

>Did she had fanarts? no. Did she had doujins? no.
Actually she did have those before the anime came out, around 2013 in fact. The dakis and figurines weren't sure but she has no official illustration yet. Someone post some proto Rem.

Cross-dressing Subaru a best.

>proto Rem.
me want to see

I remember something about Tappei attaching this fanart to a web novel chapter or something.

There's more in pixiv and even more lurking around in other places too.

she used to have green eyes?

Probably light cyan but the artist fucked up.

Really? That's proto Rem? That's so cute!

dem socks too

honestly I almost like this version more than the official version.

So you then.

Rem was the first instance of a female cuck in anime

[Rem: Say “I love you”…]

Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.

In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,

[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]

[———–]

[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]

It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.

[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]

Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.

[Subaru: Wait…]

[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]

[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]

Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,

[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]

[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]

[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]

Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:

[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]