Why was Namek so visually boring?

Why was Namek so visually boring?

The entire planet had the same layout.

Granted, earth battles took place in similar places too, but they did show cities and Gokus house and Capsule Corp, etc.

They couldn't show stuff like that because of the climate disaster that fucked Namek up.

Namek is a post-apocalyptic planet with a population of 110.

Easy to draw for fights.

Are you looking for some medicine?

Yeah, it's a shame that the best arc in Dragon Ball, story wise, is also the most visually uninteresting.

Didn't Toriyama say he made Namek so bland because he didn't want to draw cities or night.

Conceptually it's kind of cool, or at least alien-enough looking. The "every tree looks like a lollipop" being spammed as all vegetation isn't very resourceful, then again few alien worlds are well thought out. For example it's common that writers will just go >dude desert planet >dude snow planet etc instead of have biomes/regional variability.

why the fuck didnt Tori just have someone else draw his backgrounds? I hate that interesting things are trashed because he's so lazy

Well, he also said he made the ssj transformation blonde because he didn't want to make his assistants ink in Goku's hair so maybe it was a time constraint thing.

Shit sucks

Well, good thing that shit planet was blown up

His landscapes were actually very good and his backgrounds were normally good detailed, the problem is the design of the planet, it's just dull and lt lacks something.

Are they still on Namek?

>take his earth battlefields
>swap the colours of the grass and sky

Because there are no females to make it pretty

its not that it lacks anything, it just gets old after 100 chapters

you fucking idiots, it's a post-apocalyptic planet that is still in the early stages of recovering. no shit it's gonna look barren

Namek works for me. I always thought it looked really cool that the whole planet was a post apocalyptic wasteland with big lakes and rivers and the occasional tree.

I've always thought it was really pretty. Repetitive, yeah, but pretty.

Yes

What was Namek's anime like?

Dude just swap the colours of the sky and the grass and make the leafage of trees round, that'll do it.

you're visually boring.

When did Dragon Ball ever have visually interesting locations? That's hard to draw when it gets blasted apart.

Like OPM, they focus on the character action and ignore the background so it ends up just being rocks most of the time.

So that it's less painful to see the landscape blown to smithereens

That seem like a excuse more than anything, i know its supposedly a planet destroyed by a climatic crysis, but still he could have made it interesting in some way, i dont know

The anime had washed out colours and those aquarelle backgrounds didnt help either, with a proper artistic direction namek can look very gook