How do we "fix" My Hero Academia?

How do we "fix" My Hero Academia?
Is there really anything to "fix" in the first place?
>inb4 in-other-news-water-is-wetfag

By ending it.

W
A
T
E
R

I
S

W
E
T

>implying you’re not the water is wetfag

you'd have to replace all the main characters and antagonists, so it's pretty safe to say it's unsalvageable

You could fix it by going back in time and giving Hori a deadly disease that should kill him in an instant, unless something goes wrong and the disease slowly kills him over time instead.

Double down on Deku being self destructive early, and having the majority of the arcs centered around character building / allies learning how to utilize a blunt-instrument fighter like him safely, all while Deku struggles with his own attitudes towards both hero worship and his definition of "hero"

How?

It's a shonen, it's going to be fundamentally awful no matter what. Though even by shonen standards, this one is pretty fucking bad. A first step would be having a protagonist that's actually likable and isn't a crybaby bitchboii.

By putting more focus on best couple. :^)

>make cliché hot-headed, dumb, oblivious and perpetually hungry protagonist
>it's the same fucking shit as always
>subvert that and have a smart, emotional character who is always analyzing everything around him and who has no signature favorite food
>fuck him what a crybaby lol eksdee
>inb4 dekufag

>shonen mcs aren't emotional
>deku doesn't devolve into a yelling l'll change the future by punching harder sperg
>muh deconstruction
put bnhafags out of their misery already

Keep Deku quirkless, and have All Might secretly be quirkless too.

Doing all the stuff he was doing anyway but being quirkless? That's the best version of quirkless Deku I've ever heard.

Compelling argument as usual

I was desperately hoping that the hair All Might gave him was a placebo to make Deku more confident. Then later on it'd be revealed that All Might never had a quirk to begin with and Deku by extension had remained quirkless while getting to the top through sheer effort.

How wrong I was...

And have people scream “s-shit writing! why is he the only one who can pull that off?”
Best

thanks, glad you agree

Make a power system that doesn't involve quirks. Most of the time it's usually whoever has the better quirk wins. It throws a lot of strategy out of the window because of this.

The characters are alright but I feel like a lot of the side characters are a lot more interesting than our main lead.

They shouldn't have given the MC the best quirk in the business to start with. It's basically telling us "yes he's going to be the best superhero in the future". It doesn't really make anything thrilling, like with Naruto at least we didn't actually know that he was going to become hokage throughout the story despite that being his goal.

Overall it's still a decent show but it does have many common shonen flaws and it is definitely nothing unique or outstanding

No more edgelord Bakugo and Mineta. Kill them off somehow. Get someone who can actually write so we aren't forced to deal with Hori's bullshit. Give Mirio his quirk back no more quirk taking bullets. Its a cheap plot device which makes you wonder why they don't just use a real gun in the first place. Most of the characters are generic and the manga itself is extremely generic.

Also stop with the asspulls. The poor writing in the last arc, Deku's asspull and the quirk erasing plot device, ruined the last arc. Had Deku been removed from the arc and Mirio not been fucked over by a cheap plot device this arc would've been the best. Every other character had a trial they had to overcome. Kirishima & Tamaki had to overcome their fears and insecurities. Mirio had to accept that he left Eri to suffer for the sake of the mission. But what did Deku have to overcome? O MY FATE CHANGING ASSPULL FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER.

Hori is a shit writer, the manga itself has always been generic. Yet it still had potential but it seems that the poor writing has squandered all of that by now.

Clearly the way to save BNHA is more lolis.

>asspull
>asspull
>asspull
>asspull
Take note, this is how you write an..opinion

Deku is literally telling us the story of how he became the GOAT from the beginning.
I always see people saying that BNHA has nothing outstanding or that it's unremarkable. What shounens out there would you consider "outstanding"? At least I consider BNHA 'outstanding' regarding its artstyle, which I find very appealing. And whether Hori is in his deathbed or not, the art in most chapters is pretty good for a weekly shounen, I would say.
Why are you forcing yourself reading through an entire manga that you clearly don't like? It's more like you're spouting your comments because you didn't like the latest arc.
>getting rid of Bakugou and Mineta
There's no need of killing off anyone. I don't know if you're being serious. Mineta in particular should get a chapter for him adressing why the hell he is like that and redeem him by letting him do something heroic. I see no big problems with Bakugou, as annoying as he can be.

I only mentioned one asspull in my post.

If you can't handle criticism go be a cancerous bokufag back in your containment thread.

>literally can’t count words in his own post
>bokufag
>containment thread
This is the containment thread, boyo. Specially designed for “exceptionally bright” anons like yourself

Everything can be fixed. BNH can be fixed if the author follows these simple steps:

0. The villains must die an unfair way, in the eyes of everyone to create pressure on the good guys and sympathy from the public
1. That has to be a consequence of the death of one of the most beloved characters, who must die a gruesome death, full of torture, in the eyes of everyone too
2. A bunch of characters must resign right when their quirks are needed the most
3. The school HAS TO get closed due to their inability to ensure safety and be used as a law enforcement complex
4. The remaining "villain union" must gain acceptance in the world
5. It has to be evident, that the current state of the world is leading to a lot of misery and poverty in the world
6. They have to create a society with less retarded goals, BNH depicts one which only goal is to create heroes, why not a society where people use their quirks to create progress instead of fighting enemies? (take Avatar TLAB, as an example)
7. Deku should get an evil but caring girlfriend FROM THE ENEMY SIDE, that way he could learn what's wrong in both sides and become an actual leader, he would man up by seeing so much death and misery
8. The rest of the plot should focus on consequences, and gaining the acceptance of the "hero" side

this desu

Calm down Stain

>if you criticize boku then you hate it and need to stop reading it

This is the same shit all you cancerous bokufags say when someone criticizes bnha. You people need to fuck off and learn how to handle criticism.
I like bnha but just because I like it doesn't mean I'm retarded enough to ignore all the glaring flaws the manga has. The last arc was dog shit and showed how terrible of a writer Hori is.

Mineta is the authors self insert and there is no reason why he should've ever entered the school in the first place. Bakugou is shit all around. From a writing perspective, if the writer actually wanted to redeem Bakugo it would be he that would lose his quirk and be forced to live life accepting that he became what he bullied Deku for. Instead we get to watch Mirio who worked hard to get where he is fucked over by the poorly written plot device while the author will continually fawn over Bakugou and try to force the audience to think that the poor boy was just misunderstood. It's poor writing

It's not some psychological introspective series. It's a fucking a battle shonen for 10 years to get hyped at the stupid fights and shitty humor. Having this effeminate twerp as an MC goes completely contrary to the very few good qualities the shonen genre has going for it. It's not done in some kind of interesting, deconstructive way either. It's just the same bland, soft-spoken nice guy protagonist that's become all the common in anime, except this time in the wrong genre.

There's a difference between criticism and just bashing it.
You're hating on things that are far from reaching a resolution.
And if you don't like the main points or style of the manga, then it's just not for you and your criticism is pure opinion.
Which means voicing it once is enough, because it's not as if you're bringing anything new to the table.

>fails to see I only talked about Dekus fate changing asspull
>retard pretend he was mentioning word count
>even then gets that wrong

You bokufags are the most cancerous fanbase on Sup Forums. Fuck off you're too retarded to bother reasoning with.

friendly reminder to not take his discussion or you will literally attract the retard who calls everyone who disagrees with his view that bnha is the best thing in the world 'herorager'

>complains about someone giving their opinion
>on a thread asking for opinions

Bokufags everyone.

I'm about to watch this for the first time. Not because I'm a newfag (pic related) but because I'm only just now getting around to it. What should I expect in terms of it being a faithful adaption? I of course assume that there aren't too many major changes but please tell me if I'm wrong.

is that the same faggot who thought everyone who said something bad about bnha was grapefag or is there multiple turboautists in this fandom

probably the latter

>Deku is literally telling us the story of how he became the GOAT from the beginning

Yeah that's my point, it doesn't really add anything exciting or dangerous to the MC because we know he's going to become the best. That's probably why he's not that interesting of a character compared to the other side characters.

>What shounens out there would you consider "outstanding"?

HxH, JoJo, Death Note, and OP to a lesser extent. (Probably some more but I can't name a lot)

>At least I consider BNHA 'outstanding' regarding its artstyle

I never said the art style was bad but rather the writing is very mediocre and it plays into the average shonen troupe.

grapefag is just a faggot who legitimately has no life and argues himself for reasons unknownst to mankind.
but yes there are several turboautists in there.

Holy shit never mind you're retarded, carry on.

>no argument
gets me everytime boys

No major changes, it’s pretty accurate to the source material. I think there’s one anime exclusive episode about Tsuyu but that’s about it

Not that guy you're replying to, but how many turboautist are there? You'd think its just one since they all say basically the exact same shit but it feels like there's far more. Criticize bnha and you always get at least three autist trying to argue with you. They're everywhere all the time.

Quite accurate only major change is an episode that focuses on a side characters adventure that was mentioned for one panel.

Surprise surprise, like you faggots always like to parrot around:

There’s more than one user that [dislikes > substitute with another word: likes] it. Deal with it [Herofags], this is not your safe space

Simple.

Just don't ever again change the focus from Deku and his class (and maybe other students introduced early on during the sports again) to a bunch of Poochie characters and Deku (with maybe one other 1A class member on the sideline).

It’s a panel-by-panel adaptation, but I would always recommend reading the manga on top of watching the anime anyway since there are things that doesn’t translate as well to animated format and vice versa

If anything though, the OST for S2 is great

there are a couple scenes that are left out of the anime, like the one after the sports festival with ochako's parents

It’s there, post credits

We "fix" it by going back to the pacing the series started at so that arcs no longer drag.

Sure make the main rival not a fucking annoying ass gag charcter
>bakugo screams really loudly
>*ruaghs*
>oh ho ho he vewy lowd an his name mean explosion ahahaha

I though you died. I brought the champagne out too early.

oh no, not me. I never lost control

A Speedwatcher

Reminder to report and ignore ban evaders

>mineta x grapes fucking
Will never be not funny

this weeks chapter was amazing. i didn't epic chisaki to be kicked while he was down. poetic justice.

Probably by give deku a pair o dekus so he would stop being a pussy, even all might was a bout to give the one for all to mirio and he looked like he got the uglyest part while they were fighting the yakuzas

What killed the hype?

I never expected to see him having his hand choped off, that shit will never make it to the anime and you know it.

d-d-don't say that.. i mean.... in one punch man atomic samurai student lost his arm.

also i thought they were going to recruit him, since the heros broke his spirit. nope. loses both of his hands, and gets laughed at.

yeah I don't get why Mirio couldn't just phase tthrough the bullet, or even better, just let the girl get shot. she wouldn't have died. or did Mirio not know if was a quirk erasing bullet?

Thanks, user. You just put my feeling into words.

>It's not some psychological introspective series
Never said this.
>shitty humor
Opinion.
>It's just the same bland, soft-spoken nice guy protagonist that's become all the common in anime, except this time in the wrong genre
What would be the "correct" genre for that kind of character then?

>Phase through the bullet
He did
>Let the girl get shot
Please read your words again, user.
Nevermind if it’s anti-quirk bullet or not

what i'm saying is why didn't he just phase through the quirk erasing bullet that was heading towards the girl. I kinda feel it was pointless for him to lose his quirk at that moment.

You literally saw All Might change the weather with a punch how fucking retarded do you need to be to think you could do that without powers of some kind?

This is just terrible.

And let a little girl get shot? Are you a sociopath?

I feel it was avoidable *if* Hori simply decided not to take Mirio’s quirk away

Since the only reason he got shot in the first place was Nemoto popping up and from there it’s a natural progression for him to target none other than Eri, I believe this means Hori has something planned for this whole Mirio dequirked debacle, we simply don’t know what yet I believe this will connect to the doc somehow

Honestly at first I was hoping that Sir would be the one that got hit by the anti-quirk bullet thus eliminating his quirk from the story while Mirio may be injured or some sort

But by the end of the arc (if we could the last chapter the arc’s closure) It’s clear that one of the goal of Overhaul’s arc was used to introduce “bending the future” plot point to tear down the nearly ubiquitous assumption that All Might will certainly die, with AM himself already collecting death flags from the beginning of the story and finally acknowledged in this arc. Thus, Sir’s “premonition” - which is linked to his quirk - is very central to this plot point, explaining why my assumption that he would lose his quirk was wrong

More best girl.

>Have Deku realize that AFO can work on his brain and become Action Man
Action man was on Fox Kids and was this action hero who could stop time in his head to solve problems in stressful situations by using all available materials he could see

>soft-spoken nice guy protagonist that's become all the common in anime

And yet, one of the best classified """""shounen"""" series that has come out recently has this very sort of protagonist

>Kageyama Shigeo
>soft-spoken nice guy
Should we tell him?

The anime adds a bit more substance to some of the Tournament fights, as an example the anime actually shows Momo vs Tokoyami, which was integral to her character shift for the final exams

Yeah I know, I know, but putting a blanket statement like that sort of implies the dude I was talking to would make that same assumption about Mob without actually getting too deep into the Source material

Mob however is a gentle kid (or at least wants to be a gentle kid) who has troubles trying to actually sort his feelings on shit

Fair enough.

I’m glad the anime expanded on the small fights especially the Momo v Toko and put more emphasis on the subtle moments like Ochako’s trembling thumbs up before her fight and Bakugou’s strain

but it also take away some of the more background moments like pic related where Momo clearly looks down

By making it what it was originally going to be and make Mt Lady the protag

And holy shit Momo is HUGE
>175cm
Eh not really

t.190cm

I wish

I never want to see a sad Momo

She's gonna fuck up the bird if she ever gets a rematch

Get rid of the dumb forced Romantic Subplot
Stop Tsuyu being forced everywhere because she's popular
And make Shigaraki actually a good villain than a bitchboy nobody cares about.
AfO arc was the peak and it's never recovered.

>Tokoyami has extended his quirk and can use a stronger dark shadow in direct sunlight

I want to praise momo

>You bokufags are the most cancerous fanbase on Sup Forums.
I still remember the days when BnH threads barely scraped 100 posts before pruning

Just give it up, You're a hipster just because people are jumping on a series because it got an anime adaptation.

Can he withstand her acid?

Is there even any proof of that being a thing?

>waifu faging intensifies

Mirio had just been shot by several real bullets. He probably assumed that Nemuto fired another one

How about we make everyone read this thread and in comparison now all stories seem amazing.

Hairdown Momo a goddess A GODDESS

She should tone down her uptightness a little bit though

I like the current story, but maybe have OfA completely reset each time it's transfered. Deku would start out the same as he was after the year of training for a few weeks and be effectively quirkless until he gradually stockpiled enough power to be useful. Of course this changes the beginning drastically but then we get the idea that Deku reallu earned his power and that he can surpass All Might on his own.

I can't disagree with that

Uraraka originally had Mt.Lady's power but Hori decided against it for some reason. I don't have a source for this so take it with a grain of salt

Why does AM steal the spotlight in every panek he's in?

After some digging I found the concept art for her but I could have sworn I saw an action shot of her before but I can find it for shit

he's a big guy with a big heart

It just occurred to me that Toru actually uses her quirk even less than Deku. Even in the early chapters.

She's coasting off the side effect of her light refraction