I think I've seen hero academia before

I liked this show better when it was called naruto

nice

*One Punch Man

there's a massive difference in naruto and hero academia's narrative though. While naruto is a braggart who's goal is to gain respect and adoration from others, Deku's doesn't care about how others view himself and is only concerned with personal actualization.
Additionally while naruto is about how naruto essentially becomes Ninja jesus to a level that no other ninja can reach in power and skill, Izuku's true skill is his ability to inspire and gain the trust of others who are EQUALLY as strong, if not STRONGER than he is, almost the opposite of how naruto's journey went.

>earnest reply
user..I..salute your dedication

Why is Gon-san killing Killua?

He rejected his wholehearted love confession
No homo tho

>almost the opposite of how naruto's journey went
that's exactly how naruto's journey went, you're retarded

Naruto was an arrogant blowhard who constantly screamed how he was going to be the best and ended up so above all the other characters that he was literally the only one who could ever fight the big bads (Him and sasuke that is)
Deku constantly aknowledges his weakness, is humble, and relies on working with others who are more powerful than him in team combat to win (Against stain with Shoto and tenya being the heavy hitters for example, or how he lost the tournament fight against Shoto, or how he could only beat overdrive with eri's super quirk)

Naruto matured over the story, but his story was still one of an arrogant braggart reaching his goal of surpassing all others in skill so that he was looked up to and praised for his power, while Deku's journey has been of an incredibly humble and charismatic character forging bonds that are Stronger than his personal power could ever be alone.

if you honestly think bnha won't end with deku being far stronger than anyone else except maybe explodosasuke then you're an idiot

also
>incredibly humble and charismatic character
fucking kek

Deku is about as humble as they come. Determined and earnest, but humble as shit. He absolutely aknowledges every fault that his teachers or betters say about him (like night eye's speech) and resolves to take their wisdom to heart.

>if you honestly think bnha won't end with deku being far stronger than anyone else except maybe explodosasuke then you're an idiot

Hell no. I believe the series will show that Deku isn't on par with All might in personal strength, but show the entire class of 1A as having grown to a level of strength and companionship as a whole that makes them FAR superior than just all might alone was, thanks to Deku's personal interactions with them-- the current group of heroes, particularly endeavor, are very disjointed and have a hard time working together, while 1A is a well oiled machine and their teamwork as a whole shows them to be greater than the sum of their parts would look to be on paper.

Shoto is probably going to be far more powerful than bakugo at the end of the series as well.

I mean he literally has one of the strongest physical power and the story is simply the journey of him learning from people around him while building himself so he can properly use it while bearing the huge responsibility that came with it that he basically never ask for

Isn’t that one of the main theme of the story? No? Missed that?

Not same user, but oh course he's going to be stronger in brute force alone. Moreover, Bakugo is not really Sasuke because he's more likeable and the setting realistically responds to his attitude. The whole "Sasuke" argument is literally "wow this is just like my favorite video game UNDERTALE--infringed." However, that wasn't user's point. In fact, you can just go fuck yourself entirely.

Also, go back to Sup Forums if you want your shitty fandom wars.

>Deku is about as humble as they come.
more like a meek insecure bitch due to years of bullying

>Moreover, Bakugo is not really Sasuke because he's more likeable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bakugo acts insecure as fuck though. Deku is just shy.

Was it too deep for you?

Why does Deku make everyone so jelly?

Are you saying he isn't more likeable?

Hits too close to home but then drags their feeling through the mud because he actually tries

Sasuke was an unlikeable cunt though who tried to justify his actions by giving some bullshit about his brother. Bakugo just doesn't give a fuck and acts prideful as a result--making him more respectable. Moreover, we didn't fucking have the main point of the series force in on Bakugo for the ENTIRE POST-TIMESKIP

You read like you came straight out of Sup Forums.
Have some self-respect.

Why is every one of them blonde

I dont know where the Naruto comparison came from, if anything it reminds me of satuday morning batman and Spiderman cartoons

Deku's Chad aura turns them all into Stacies.

>I mean he literally has one of the strongest physical power

All for one is physically strong, but its not the most powerful quirk possible-- One for all's quirk is VASTLY stronger and he STILL lost to All might. Additionally, All might is stated to have been a prodigy with his power that was able to master it far quicker than Deku.

Deku will probably NEVER reach the level of power that All might was able to reach with one for all, he's got his own thing going with full cowl-- He's not all for one, and he's never going to BE all for one, he's going to be his own character, and he probably won't be up to the same brute force as all for one was, though he'll most likely be more agile.

Additionally, like I stated about all for one outclassing one for all, there's plenty of other quirks that can rival it on a basic "paper" level-- Shoto's quirk was outright MADE to surpass one for all, and Mirio's quirk's uniqueness makes it an equal to all for one.

All for one is powerful but far from being a chosen one unbeatable quirk like Naruto's tailed beast powers were for him.

>Bakugo just doesn't give a fuck
bakugo's bitched and moaned for the best part of the manga for the stupidest fucking reasons, at least sasuke had a proper motivation for being a cunt

Wrong. Ochako is a brunette and Mei has pink hair.

Sasuke was more complex because he had a legitimate bond of friendship with the Narusquad, Bakugou doesn't have that, he's just a washed up bully who reached his full potential way too early.
In Deku's eyes he was always the better previously, which is why surpassing him is a big deal for him.

I think people regard Bakugou way too highly, Todoroki is Deku's real potential rival, maybe Tokoyami in the future. Which is interesting because they don't have the typical rivalry bond.

He does though and that's his pride. It's albeit a simple yet respectable one.

> just doesn't give a fuck
he does, at the end he cried thinking it was his fault his childhood hero lost his powers
he is just a brat, but not a asshole

I agree with your points especially the part where he most likely never reach AM’s level. My point is OFA is simply one of the strongest quirk that ever existed, but this does not undermine the journey that he’s currently taking to learn how to utilize it

>he dindu nuffin
and bnhafags still insist he isn't this manga's sasuke

I don't get that.
Clearly Deku will reach AM level. The question is only how much he will surpass him.
Can't wait to see the storm of "asspull" reactions when he unlocks the "true power of One for All", when clearly it has been foreshadowed over and over agian.

when sasuke was given the chance to join the villains to pursue his own agendas he jumped at it; when Baku was given the choice he told them to fuck off and that he'd die fighting before he betrayed being a hero.

i went to i shitty site to prove you wrong

i hope you're happy about making me stood this low

>if two characters don't perfectly follow the exact same arc they aren't comparable
why is this fanbase so autistic?

I'm liking Hero Academia's start more than general Naruto, but I'm worried it will fall into the same traps Naruto did post-Chunin exam as time goes on.

Where the conflict and characters get increasingly less interesting as the protagonist gets stronger to the point of totally overshadowing everyone else, and the rest of the cast never has the chance to individually shine or interact as a group in the way that they used to.

>proper motivation for being a cunt
And this excuses said cuntness?

And since you’re bringing up motivation, Bakugou’s “motivation” (I prefer reasoning) is simply an effect of him having a strong power and people around him praising him to no end, culminating in his bloated ego that came crashing down once “the weakest, lamest kid of them all” came rushing to save him, starting his superiority-inferiority complex and his insecurity. This was exacerbated when Izuku suddenly grew, fueling his resentment even more

TL; DR he’s an asshole “big fish in a small pond”

I think I've seen Naruto before.
I liked it better when it was callled Hunter X Hunter.

about as deep as classroom of the elite

Bakugou is much more consistent in his character.
Sasuke was flip-flopping between muh friendship and his half assed revenge motive.
I see the surface comparison but they're completely different characters.
Sasuke = edgelord rebel
Bakugou = straight laced tryhard

>he is sasuke because his arc is just like that
>he will be bad and shit

>he got multiple chances to be bad, he refused all of then and is in fact helping deku to become a better hero, he is more of a vegeta than a sasuke

>FUCK YOU IT DOESNT HAVE TO FOLLOW SASUKE PATH TO BE SASUKE

Deku already reached the "true power", it just breaks his arms. Ergo, its not feasible.
Deku's entire journey has been about NOT being all might and understanding that he CANNOT be all might and figuring out how to be his own hero with his own style to fit his body. He started out trying to emulate all might and gradually weaned himself more and more off of it, realizing the self damage it caused, until he gained his own thing with full cowl, and a determination to perfect that instead.

black clover is better than both

Sorry that you're confused by classroom of the elite. Is there anything that is within your depth? DragonballZ? Naruto?

>he is sasuke because his arc is just like that
>he will be bad and shit
yeah l've never said that, you're a sperg

HxH, sorry you it’s way over your head, brainlet

>he actually tries
lel

Different user, but I think Sasuke's relationship with the rest of the group was one of Naruto's biggest flaws.

Because people were ready to fight and die for his sake to bring him home, and Sakura's character is almost entirely built around having a crush on him. But we never actually moved beyond Sasuke being passive aggressive and sullen with everyone.

Bakugou's personality is shit, but at least his teachers and classmates are more willing to call him out on it.

Yeah that's right, it's not about being All Might, because All Might was inferior as a vessel for OfA.
It shows that in chapter 1.
And the not being All Might plotline has more to do with his goals, not his limitations.
All Might only knows how to use a hammer, when Deku is exploring the whole toolbox.

Got one of them

you said he is a edgelord right?
edgelord characters are antiheroes that have no morals

bakugou is a asshole not a edgylord, there is a big diference.

Tokoyami is too unimportant to end up as a rival, he doesn't get near enough face time for the author to elevate him to that level.
He's just a character with a powerful "On paper" quirk that will get quickly outclassed as the series goes along.

>when Deku is exploring the whole toolbox
he is more like trying to nail a board using a screwdriver

> he doesn't get near enough face time
thats what people said about the rock dude and he got a arc of his own

>Clearly Deku will reach AM level
At this point we can’t say for sure. Deku fully reaching prime AM level (which we’ve never seen) and beyond would necessitate a comparable adversary so he doesn’t simply curbstomp everyone in his path

On the other hand, we’ve already seen the clear discrepancy between AM’s OFA usage (weakened, to be noted) which is still way stronger than Izuku’s “supposed 100%” so the potential of the story to get there exists

>but at least his teachers and classmates are more willing to call him out on it.
this is always parroted but l don't see how it's true

bakugo gets "called out" the same way sasuke was, it's either comic relief or inconsequential slaps on the wrist

bakugo still gets friends following him around for no conceivable reasons, mc gets visibly distraught when he's in trouble despite being treated lower than shit by him and everyone praises him despite the fact he's a completely shithouse hero

He literally bent the future.
If anything he's playing MacGyver.

>Deku fully reaching prime AM level (which we’ve never seen) and beyond would necessitate a comparable adversary so he doesn’t simply curbstomp everyone in his path
he had all might level power vs. overdrive's Fused form.

>bakugo still gets friends following him around for no conceivable reasons
What the fuck are you smoking? Everyone actively dislikes bakugo, he's the textbook "Friend that nobody likes", everyone's constantly trying to rile him up and he gets little respect from most of the characters.

Bakugo is like endeavor, he's powerful but viewed as an arrogant asshole by the others.

I started watching this anime literally today, and I'm on episode eight. I'm in love, although Naruto's portrayal of the first villain in the very first episode disgusted me so fucking much that I couldn't watch another second of it without thinking back to that and gagging. Why does Sup Forums defend that shit? Does it get better later on?

yeah, but he has a relationship with a main characters as bakugo's friend, so he's in the main circle. Birdboy doesn't really have much besides his quirk and design.
Yes, but the board IS nailed, is it not?

Its hurts to admit it but early Naruto is far better than bnha. I expect bnha's decline to be even worse.

>Everyone actively dislikes bakugo
what the fuck are YOU smoking

kirishima is friends with him for no reason, kaminari now follows him around despite being constantly insulted by him and he's supposed to be one of the leaders of the class according to aizawa

that's not "getting little respect"

how many boards/nails and screwdrivers he had to break to get it done?

>this much autism in one post

>O MY GAY CROSSDRESSING SPORT MANGA

>mc gets visibly distraught when he's in trouble
That’s the nature of the guy: Saving others whoever it is. Substitute Bakugou with anyone else and he would react the same. Kouta, Eri, Iida, Shoto, you name it
>Friends following him
Only Kirishima, the nicest guy in the class. Even saying Kaminari does is stretching it. in fact, I would even argue that Kirishima considers the whole class his friend anyway so really the only guy he’s “friend” with is this guy
>Everyone praises him
Some of them acknowledge that he’s good despite being a shitty asshole. Regardless, he’s still a shitty brat and everyone either stays away from him or dismiss his shit explosive personality
>Called out
He was grounded for starting a fight by Aizawa, I don’t see how this is a “slap on the wrist” for a highschool student. Especially when we’ve been shown that they are competitive and generally take their education very seriously

If you’re pointing out DvK1, that’s basically just AM being incompetent at scolding anyone, with him either always saying that it is important for “D and K’s interelation growth” or blaming himself for inadequate teaching

Bokudemiafags BTFO

Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero hang out with him. They make fun of him and push his buttons but they do seem to like being around him

I think All Might makes it a point that he needs to try to steer Bakugo down the correct path due to his abrasive behavior, and points out when his stubbornness screws him over. Like during the test where Bakugo runs off on his own and loses the match because of his personal grudge.

I agree that it's weird that Deku gives a shit about what he think though.

I get that after the years of bullying that Deku wants to surpass him through his own acknowledged efforts, but Bakugo's such an ass I don't see why Deku doesn't just ignore him completely.

>beta cucks clinging to the alpha male

It's not respect. They just suck up to him for validation.

If Mirio gets his shit back I'm dropping the manga

He won't.
But even if he did, it doesn't matter, he's second rate character fodder now.
Apart from sparse cameos we won't see him any more when everything is resolved.

>BNH is a shit ripoff of Naruto
In other news water is wet

there's a reason they call it Naruto with capes

>Does it get better later on?
The second villain is great

Nice pic user, saved.

>That’s the nature of the guy: Saving others whoever it is. Substitute Bakugou with anyone else and he would react the same. Kouta, Eri, Iida, Shoto, you name it
yeah except these other caharcters were in real need of being saved while bakugo was throwing a fucking toddler tantrum as a consequence of his own autism, which is also part of the problem with his characterization: the conclusion of his shit behavior has the narrative treat him like a victim
>Even saying Kaminari does is stretching it.
how? he followed bakugo during the licence exam and included him when he was pissed at meatguy for talking badly about his friends
>Some of them acknowledge that he’s good despite being a shitty asshole. Regardless, he’s still a shitty brat and everyone either stays away from him or dismiss his shit explosive personality
everyone praises his fantastic ambition and never really mentions he's a terrible fucking hero who doesn't give a shit about saving people, actually no one even bothered to comment about his failure during the licence exam, it immediately jumps to everyone feeling sorry for him because muh guilt
>He was grounded for starting a fight by Aizawa, I don’t see how this is a “slap on the wrist” for a highschool student.
fucking really

how many times has he attacked deku unprovoked? three times? a realistic treatment would have seen him expelled, but of course since he's the special edgy rival snowflake he gets a slap on the wrist

Why does no one believe that I like Sero the most!?

Everyone else is a douche to him though and only aknowledge that he's frightfully strong.

Like I said, he's like endeavor. People note that he's powerful but otherwise dislike him.

jesus christ fucking spoiler that shit what the fuck

>Naruto's portrayal of the first villain in the very first episode disgusted me
The schmuck who tried to steal the scroll?

Why? He was just some one-shot mook.

>how many times has he attacked deku unprovoked? three times? a realistic treatment would have seen him expelled,
This is japan dude, punching people weaker than you is like their national past times in school. They basically have "the strong should fear the weak" as their cultural motto.
Bullying and physically abusing others isn't punished over there because its either your duty to stand up for yourself and prove that you have value or your duty to submit and bow down and serve them.
Like, seriously, its senator armstrong's philosophy in real life.

I think it's fairly realistic that a big mouthed retard like Bakugou gets a following, even if only by the class rejects.

I can’t even comment on this since you speedread through every single thing I typed, and I can’t be bothered to write: “Did you read my post? I literally said X” over and over again

So I’ll just address this
>everyone praises his fantastic ambition and never really mentions he's a terrible fucking hero who doesn't give a shit about saving people, actually no one even bothered to comment about his failure during the licence exam, it immediately jumps to everyone feeling sorry for him because muh guilt
Did you even read my post? I literally said they acknowledge that he’s powerful, but they also acknowledge that he’s a bratty piece of shit hence why the only people who stay is the nicest guy(s): Kirishima and, stretching it a bit, Kaminari

Then who's shoto? Naruto has side characters but almost all of them fell to the wayside as woefully weak compared to sasuke and naruto, even gaara. Half the cast of HA are on the same level as the main characters in power.

>l don't know how much you know about japanese culture (l'm an expert)

>speedreader-kun!
kill yourself

Bullying is a problem over there because its viewed as the victim's responsibility to stand up for themselves and adults usually ignore it.
This isn't something that's debated, its a major aknowledged issue just like their suicide rate.

This is why Baku is liked over there and has a hatedom over here, because his bullying is just normal behavior over there while bullies are more despised over here.

I'm glad someone likes Sero, I'm almost done with a thing for him

>still speedread through the post not addressing the point I brought up
>no u
I mean I know you’re the same guy back then that..complains..about Bakugou and I already argued even posted panels from the manga itself but you simply ignored them, so why bother

I believe you.
He has the best smile, the best hero costume, the best quirk (it's a shitty power in-universe, but it's cool to see it in action), and he's probably getting an arc eventually. Hopefully. Hori likes Spiderman and Sero's powers are kinda like Spiderman's, so there has to be hope, right?

bnha has poor writing but its still enjoyable. anyone with a semi-decent powerlevel knows this, why do we need to have this discussion each time

Nobody likes Sero except Midnight

gaara if his dad was alive

>yeah except these other caharcters were in real need of being saved while bakugo was throwing a fucking toddler tantrum
And Bakugou isn’t? So him being targeted by the VA is “toddler tantrum”?
>Kaminari
>Talking badly about his friends
As I said, the nicest guys
>Attacking Deku unprovoked
If you missed it, they are in a hero school. While this does not excuse him from attacking Izuku with that huge blast in DvK1, they were, again, in a combat simulation
The worst thing that he did is, quite literally, fighting when the school’s over. (his supposed bullying to Deku happened pre-UA)

Does this mean that he’s not an asshole or he’s excused for acting like a little shit? Hell no. Please try to differentiate that

So really, do you really just hate Bakugou?

>bnha has poor writing

>lolopinions
Not an argument