youtube.com/watch?v=2NjSl4y1O3I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Vote for your KING
I didn't vote for any of them.

You don't vote for kings!

A king needs to be cute. I back Saber.

Tell that to Rome pre-republic

>*fails your country*

Rider since Saber is incompetent, and Gil is an asshole.

Authur is the nicest, Alex is the funnest, Gilg is the strongest. You get something good out of all of them

Gil is actually pretty nice he's just cocky and ruthless to his enemies. He let Waver live because he respected his loyalty. Keep in mind that this Gil is post-epic Gil.

Shit, this is nostalgic.

It was the exact opposite. Saber was TOO competent.

There's only one King here, you fools.

You have no power here, King of Plot Armor.

I am the bone of my 5

What a great scene. Fuck, Zero was good as hell.

Too intelligent to win?

Saber, she had better intentions as a king compared to the other two

100% agree. A non-combat scene where characters discuss what it truly means to be king is the kind of plot element I'd expect from any Western fantasy novel, but never an anime. The writing in Zero is some of the best screenwriting I've seen in anime or otherwise.

Well how'd they become kings then?

The Lady of the Lake,

her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur
from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I,
Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

That is why I am your king!

She was too detached from her subjects. And the fact that she was one of the few remaining mysteries left in the Age of Men.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Yeah, anime has a bad habit of polarizing characters, like they're fighting and screaming their ideals at each other and whoever wins was right, because he's the hero. Here, you have an equal ground where no one is the hero, and you see how weak Saber's philosophy is or how level-headed and practical Gil is when he's been built up as a villain, and then you see beyond the funny, manly presentation of Rider as he kind of mediates between the other two kings. Just, shit man, so much character development, in a show where the premise is a battle royal with magic and historical figures, and it's done outside of a combat scenario. Okay, shit, guess I'm gonna go rewatch Zero now.

>The writing in Zero is some of the best screenwriting I've seen in anime or otherwise

I miss when Saber wasn't stuck with a bunch of punk-ass high schoolers.

Camelot adaptation when?

I choose barrel-kun

Looks like an otome game

That is sorta Nasu's thing.

well if my choices are

>submit to a narcissist tyrant who might kill me if i look at him funny or for no reason at all

vs

>incompetent woman who failed at defending her country to the point where even today its culture and heritage is being destroyed by foreigners

vs

>following your unstoppable king across the globe, reveling in glorious battle by day and wine, women and song by night

There is only one correct answer.

Would you serve a Geat?

Yeah, I love Rider, but in terms of actually being a king I think Saber could have called him out more on all the destruction he left behind.

Just because he didn't regret how many people died when his empire fell didn't automatically mean that he was a better leader in the end.

Why is it even a binary choice to save Camelot or the rest of humanity to begin with? Damn Nasu, did some English chick not give you the time of day or something?

And Rider also immediately goes to learn what happened to his Empire after he died to see how he managed it. Considering his wish for the Grail he is doing it to learn from his mistakes and do better next time.

So for Rider his country split after he died and could no longer do anything. For Saber everything gone to shit during her life. And who is a better king ?

Camelot had to fall in order for the world to best accomidate mankind as it transitioned from the Age of Gods to the Age of Men. That meant that Saber's own existence was paradoxically also hastening the kingdom's fall despite her doing everything to stop it. It was literally out of her hands.

Which fate has the most info on Saber's life before the grail wars? This shit sounds interesting.

just go read arthurian legends but imagine manly arthur as saber instead and that's literally it

>Keep in mind that this Gil is post-epic Gil
You mean pre-epic Gil. He's a total jerkass.

Garden of Avalon has the most background regarding Saber and Camelot in general.

Is referring to the Lion King from the Camelot chapter in F/GO where Saber ends up saving the kingdom at the expense of the rest of the world.

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

This fuccboi was better than those three.

Gil was a pretty bad king.

Uruk was already perfect before Gil, the 5th King, was born.

Concept of professional soldier didn't even exist when Gil was alive.

Also, Gil literally ditched the throne and became a wandering smelly hairy hobo after Enkidu died.

Didn't even name a temporary head, just up and left without telling anybody.

Nobody could even recognize Gil when he came back to Uruk until after he shaved and took a bath.

>"dude, lol broskander xDDD"

Fantastic rebuttal, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Saber. Gil is a faggot and Iskandar is a manchild.

If I can have any version of those three, I want Caster Gil. Fuck me, why would I want anything other than the Wise King?

Don't mind me, just posting the best knight of the round.

DUDE

Reminder that no true hero cares about a second chance at life.

FSN Saber>Rider>Gil>Zero Saber (Butcher could not write her character well and he admits it)

What makes you think you actually had an argument, secondary-kun?

Iskandar>Saber>Gil

Saber was written poorly in that particular scene of F/Z

>FSN Saber
>Having any personality at all

DUDE

Praise the sun

CONQUEST AND VIDYA LMAO

Is there a more Sup Forums Servant than Iskandar?

Why does liking characters in zero make you a secondary again?

There's a musical adaptation that critics really like apparently

I think the artist who drew that is the same one for collar x malice

I've always liked Artoria more out of those three, she seems more willing to admit being wrong and try to change. To me at least that's a huge part of being a great leader.

>letting plebs decide who should rule over them
And look at the world leaders today.

Iskander. It isn't even remotely a question.

How should it be decided then? Physical combat to the death over some fancy magic cup?

poal.me/lt1qg1
poal.me/lt1qg1

Let's do this

Why not?

>Physical combat to the death over some fancy magic cup?
Is there any other way?

Post-epic, he knows Enkidu and has Ea.

Sure reeks of anime-only here. Can't understand a character unless they're bombastically in your face about it, like the Umufags

It doesn't. You can like whoever you like for any reason but saying they have more fleshed out characters than the OG servant cast sans Berserker and the Assassins is just untrue.

Read Accel Zero and come back. He's utterly retarded and it was written by Uro.

Alexander pretty much never had time to actually do king shit when he was alive.

He spent more time outside his homeland than actually administering his lands.

Alexander is pretty much a general, not a king.

If you were the citizen of Alexander's empire, you would pretty much never even see a glimpse of him much less be in the same country as Alexander at the moment.

Saber is the only king here who actually had to do crap like paperwork and be concerned about shit like famine or disease.

>Alexander is pretty much a general, not a king

That's exactly what he was IRL and here. But they wanted scene with him, Gil, and Saber together to they called him a King and gave him an EX NP so he wouldn't be left out.

Kings in Fate so far

>King of Knights = Saber
>King of Heroes = Gilgamesh
>King of Inventors = Edison
>King of Conquerors = Iskandar
>King of Battlefields = Atilla Hun
>King of Steam = Charles Babbage
>King of Kings = Ozymandias
>King of Wolves = Lobo
>King of Citybuilding = Roma
>King of Noble Warriors = Sigurd
>Emperor of Roses = Nero
>Emperor of Swords = Some red hair guy
>King of the Cavern = Edmond Dantes
>King of Magic = Solomon
>King of Humanity = Human King Goetia
>King of Demon Gods = Goetia
>King of Comedy = Charles Chaplin
>Kingprotea

People got a lot more choices of which king to follow these days. Original three are played out.

Basically. If King was a title that had to be earned, Alexander would not be one.

My cute king of destruction.

"King of" title in Fate isn't an actual kingship title necessarily, its more about you being the apex of some concept, or something.

He's the King of Conquerors, the greatest conqueror. Although he was basically a major leader anyway.

Reminder that when Gil returned from his quest he rebuilt Uruk from basically nothing since everyone had left and made it into a prosperous magical metropolis.
When he actually tries, he gets shit done far better than the other two could.

I've seen several analysis of Zero Rider and how his deluded behavior is intentional written as such and that was the point of Gil telling him to wake up from his endless dream. His RM isn't shared between him and his army, his army was got sick of his constantly moving forward to chase something pointless, that was just his inner world where he thinks they thought of him so favorably. Blahblahblah you get the outline. I find it interesting and think it adds a lot to him but nothing in the narrative seems to agree with this notion. Anyone wanna weigh in

Most of them aren't anymore but Iskander is an atual king in Fate.

King of Jobbing

Most are still kings, but some are questionable, like Edison

Obviously Solomon, Atilla, Nero, Sigurd, Ozzy, Roma, etc are still kings. Majority of king titles are still kings. Only a few of them aren't, but even the ones who aren't kings are still understandable why they have a king title. Charlie Chaplin revolutionized comedy and is still basically the king of it.

Lobo was literally called the king of wolves in life, he was the leader of a great pack of wolves that humans couldn't kill, he was a wolf beyond reason. Even if he's not human he's still a king.

>Original three are played out.
Only 4 of those (Saber Gil Ozzy Solomon) are actual kings. The song was Two Kings, now everyone gets the title as a participation trophy

youtube.com/watch?v=2NjSl4y1O3I

Only the best king in Fate.

He died to Saber w/ Avalon, the only one strong enough to match him directly, Shirou, whose pretty much a retelling of Gil's arrogance biting him in the ass just with a ginger snake, and Shadow, the ultimate servant killer.

But that's just plain silly.

He jobbed to paperwork.

Only ones that aren't "kings" are Edison, Chaplin, Lobo, and Babbage

That was Ere

You're retarded. Professional army didn't even exist in Gil's time.

Uruk was like easy mode for any king.

Take Enkidu. The citizens were worried but not really panicking over seeing Enkidu.

They didn't start carrying pitchforks and torches and try to hunt down Enkidu.

Instead, they sent the town's best prostitute to see if she could convince Enkidu to just go away and stop scaring the local farmers' farm animals.

It's easy to get shit done when humans at that point in time weren't really douchebags aside from Gil.

Just go off the epic, don't add in any real history.

The entire story is "There was an asshole king, gods sent some guy to kick his ass, they became friends, friend died, Gilgamesh realized his own mortality after seeing his equal die, goes mad and goes on a quest to find immortality, loses immortality but gains wisdom, goes back home and finally becomes a good king until the end of his days". So we know he eventually became a good king, and FGO Babylon shows that indeed he was a good king in the end.

It's kind of bullshit that Alexander is considered the king of conquerors when the concept of conquering was most popularized by Sargon the Great.

Sargon was much more famous around the world than Alexander that royalty from other nations would claim they were distantly related to him.

They even say Sargon invented the concept of a empire that encompassed multiple nations.

>"I haven't read the source material"

Why are Zero and SN so good when literally everything else Fate is hikki-tier garbage?

Nasu sold out.

FSN Saber>Zero Saber

I think Urobutcher was harsh on Saber for being the virtuous white knight of the group, but at least he didn't put her in a high school harem.

No, he really did die from overwork.

This. FSN Saber is the best. Original > Imitation