Mahoutsukai no yome

>make a shoujo
>call it a shonen
how did they pull it off?

That's easy: anime watchers are gullible little fucks. They'll believe anything you tell them, at least until they get a clue. But by then it's too late; they've already spent money. And the makers laugh all the way to the bank.

but the little boy is ellias
If you read the manga and had a higher IQ you would realize this.
Ellias is the awkward autistic boy(in mind) trying to find love.

But the story is full of generic shoujo tropes one after the other, narrated from the point of view of a quiet self-insert maiden literally owned by a tall brooding older man who intends to marry her, and every dude in the series is a bishonen

lets all take a moment to appreciate what a miracle of the universe ponytail chise is

Anyone here still reading the manga? Is Chise still a shit? I dropped it when she cucked Elias.

>published in shounen magazine
>asking why this is a shounen?
What did he mean by this?

Can't wait for next ep

she wants his bone, hmanga when

>for some reason ended up watching Those Awaiting A Star first

is the main series this sad? I just wanted fun cute magic adventures man

It has plenty of happy moments as well as soul crushing ones

wait, are you not supposed to watch that first? thats what I did, I just assumed because it came out long before the main show

It's a prequel so yeah, I watched it first too.

It's mainly a prequel but the story is clearly being told at a point within the main series, so I assumed early on I was starting out of order but stuck with the rest of it anyway.

same way this is. runs in a shonen magazine.

This. Been done before many times.

>autistic boy(in mind)
More like, he's emotionally- a child.

>they've already spent money
>He's says on a board dedicated to pirating animes

There's been an odd lack of it in the day-of-episode threads.

>The Balance Distinguishes Not Between Gold And Lead

Aw come on man, I thought the premise of this thing was supposed to be fun

Good thing it's so good.

Why does that make you sad? It's comforting.

>anything about immortal wizards and cute teenage wizard girls
>fun
Just stop watching shit like this now, or you'll end up being that guy who cries too easily at random music and shit.

Those are meaningless terms anyway. Sure, a majority of stuff published in magazines targeted at shonen does share some typical devices and cliches, but that doesn't mean that a manga absolutely has to fit some unspoken criteria to get published in a shonen magazine. Beyond Sup Forums's malignant pedantry, this show is clearly shoujo, because it belongs in a shoujo mag, that is, it looks like something a girl would watch.

I always thought it was odd that Aria was published in a shounen mag.

That is what you call a bait and switch. The premise is not the same as the substance.

I'm not implying Mahoutsukai is a parody, but it's not much different from saying OPM is a battle shonen.

Most people I've seen have suggested not to watch it first, and that it was more for people who read the manga or at least some of it.

I would have been all over this when I was a teenager reading fantasy novels, Redwall, etc.

I don't know about girls. Shojo generally have more actual romance, like Shirayuki.

Japanese Beauty and the Beast needs more singing.

i really need a webm of this scene

they didn't

You'll be that guy wether you watch this or not.

Can't you just self-insert as Elias throughout the series?

>self-inserting as an immortal tentacle abomination with inhuman psyche who merely pretends that he understands even a tiniest bit about humans and cares about a girl who literally rots from inside from using magic and deliberately puts herself in danger just to get fucked even more

???

>tentacle abomination with inhuman psyche who merely pretends that he understands even a tiniest bit about humans

What's abnormal about that?

Just like Kekkai Sensen

babby finding out shounen/shoujo aren't genres?