So, how likely is it that there will be another anime adaption of Fukumoto's works?

So, how likely is it that there will be another anime adaption of Fukumoto's works?
Maybe a new season of Kaiji, Akagi or something that's finished like Ten?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIl1KAfg1Yo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosomatic_medicine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>S3 never

Isn't that stuff popular, at least in Japan though?

Maybe we there is a way to show support for it.
But all I can think of is watching streams (netflix/crunchyroll) or buying/importing stuff and I'm not sure how many FKMT fans there really are.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you guys for putting me on to FKMT.

To my understanding, the team that did all the FKMT stuff fell apart. Kaiji S3 never. Kurosawa anime maybe, with a new team?

>the team that did all the FKMT stuff fell apart

What happened?

Oh, so this is why we can't have nice things.

I'm not really sure. I don't know all the specifics.
Hideki Taniuchi was responsible for all the iconic Zawa Zawa music and got busted on marijuana charges not long after Kaiji S2. I bet that was rather devastating.
The rest of the team went their separate ways to work on other projects and never got back together.

Is marijuana a capital offense in Japan or what?

Should've taken shrooms like a proper Japanese

Up to 5 years in prison for possession. He got the maximum 5 years if I'm not mistaken.

Is he out or should I abandon all hope for a "reunion"?

>posession of Marijuana is worse than CP
what a world to live in

yes

>Inuyashiki got anime before Kurosawa
Life is not fair.

Well it kinda fits since it ended this year so demand should be the highest now.

Japs taste is far too horrible to allow for Kaiji S3, S2 in itself was a miracle. Getting something like Ten and watching the East v West match animated is nothing but a dream.

Ten was too perfect for anime anyway

I wasn't able to dig up any mention of him over the past few years. Out or not, I think his career is simply over at this point.

And I will never give up on that dream

Depends if they do another live-action adaptation

this

god, the live adaptation of Akagi suck

>how many FKMT fans there really are
the way his manga works people just drop it for a year or two and come back, so you'll never know it.

Zero is objectively the most adaptable FKMT, its a shounen - it's fast and it's less complicated about villains.

>ten animated

the only thing people like about it is the akagi epilogue anyway

And by "people" you mean brainlets who can't into mahjong

Ten being happy about his Suuankou in the gather 5 hands match was about as impactful to me as your pic related's muh golden cage monologue and I don't even play this much. You know quite well the game is the main character of this one manga.

you

most people are like that

akagi probably had problems with people understanding the depth of mahjong plays, I think the mahjong in ten becomes even more technical at some point

>best mahjong player of the west
>forgets mechanics half of the time

To be fair that was a long shot. Harada lived up to his name except for that dora assumption

I thought it is pretty weird to have a main kansai mafioso to be also their main player, for a serious setting like that. Naturally it was either he is a meh player or meh boss. Turns out he was fucking around in the beginning and actually plays really well.

>best mahjong player of the west
Is it Harada or soga?

>Kansai people are generally perceived to be friendly, outgoing and humorous. On the flip side, Kanto people are often described as polite, but cold and difficult to read.
>Ten is outgoing and Harada is reserved
?

Can we have a Kurosawa anime with only season of 50 episodes?

Kurosawa or Kaiji S3, maybe Zero.

Gai is pretty short, could probably fit into 12 episodes. Zero's first season could be good too. I'd say Gin to Kin as well but that fucking ending.

I don't think anime runs are 50 episodes anymore, so no. Wouldn't mind a 2 cour though.

At least we have Buraiden Gai op.
youtube.com/watch?v=qIl1KAfg1Yo

GtK drama is fine
They scrapped the entire politics part and made him ragequit because of the fake chun kan.

>Gai could fit into twelve episodes
or a movie

>MAD

I completely forgot that existed. Thanks user, I'll go watch it.

They're gonna have to cut some stuff with a movie, unless it ups the pacing. Maybe with two movies.

I'm always startled by how real it looks.

Did it ever get subbed?

What's with MAD? It's the nip word for amv.
Do you even niconicodouga?

Nope.

Kurosawa will definitely happen.
It's just too good to not make anime out of it.

S-sure user. It will, definitely.

Can we made a kickstarter for it or something.

if only

Why are we still here?
Just to suffer?

really...

when's the akagi chapter coming out

never ever

>Hiro dealing into Ten's San Ankou
>Ten going past Shousangen aiming towards Daisangen and a hard to predict wait
>Harada defending against that Daisangen
>Ten winning so hard in the end, after enduring a bad initial hand, bad draws and still pressuring Harada (to the point that he makes some discard mistakes) that Hiro believed that he couldn't reach Ten's level, ever (at least, until his own spin-off)

And all of the psychological warfare, dirty tricks, devious tactics and un-shonen way of thinking.

This. Akagi has good mahjong but it's mostly about how people deal with pressure, advantage, and death. The chicken run sets the tone for the entirety of the manga. On the other hand Ten talks less about that and focuses more on great mahjong, until the last 3 volumes.

The first season covering the part with the deathtrap amusement park will be loved for it's fast action and the second season covering the search for the kidnapped rich guy will be hated for being boring.

I'd still watch

Part 2 is better than 1 though. No death maths but comfy adventure instead

I enjoyed both pretty equally
The rich guy's story was heartwarming
The deathtrap amusement park was exciting and thrilling
Makes me wonder how the anime-onlies would react to the car crash

It exists user. It's just trapped inside the Nips cursed pachinko machines.

I like how Kaiji became a good gambler with the Chinchiro and keeps getting better and better.

>are you losers still thinking about that buddha lel

Man I miss Washizu. Truly, Akagi isn't about mahjong or Akagi, it's the angry grandpa show.

Do you think Washizu ever regretted nofamily?

Probably too arrogant for that. He sees himself as the king so in his mind he's done everything correctly. At best he'd briefly regret then embrace it like Akagi in Ten, but I don't think he'd naturally have a critical introspection moment unless something pushes him to

A great artist like that got his career and a good chunk of his life ruined because of a bit of weed? Jesus Christ, what the fuck, Japan.

Fat Kaiji is cute.

do you know the whole opium wars thing? All these years later entire east is still crazily butthurt about drugs of any kind to the point of capital offense in some of the countries here.

Kaiji is more /fit/ than fat though, somehow.

I love when Kaiji does his degenerate face.

He was pretty swole in the anime considering his lifestyle.

>literally green-texted in fluorescent moss

trash people lift to forget they're trash

More like simpler people sometimes do what is healthy instinctively.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosomatic_medicine

>implying Ten vs Harada in 2 player mahjong wasn't peak FKMT

no need to be an anime only even
I saw people wondering what happened to the blonde antagonist of the part one - as seen during the end chapter of pt2 - more than once. And the answer is suddenly the end chapters of pt1 but yea.

Get on 7447 you pieces of trash