Why did not this show hit?

Why did not this show hit?
please tell me

It did not have enough cockona

Yuri

Are you upscale this image? why is it look so bad?

it flip flopped

Not enough?

Because cuh-razy art direction isn't enough to save it from bad writing. The bigger question is why did pretentious fucks on Sup Forums latch onto it despite how bad it is?

More than enough.

>Cockona

The world wasn't ready for it.

Yes.

>Papicunny

What do you think was bad about the writing?

>cunny
You're doing it wrong.

I find "cunt" to be too rude and unfitting for these schoolgirls

Unironically too advanced for the average anime watcher.

Same reason they latched onto Maid Dragon. The yuri

It's mostly newfags. Their second season on Sup Forums, they pick up everything, everything is fucking amazing to them (and to be fair this show did start off really amazing) because they don't have the discerning eye to tell mediocre formulaic stuff from a real masterpiece. When this show turned to meh, they either couldn't tell, or simply continued to latch onto it and made it their little thing to cherish. You can see such a show almost every season - it's liked by some because of how few people like it. Pleiades is the textbook example, Izetta also hits pretty close. Recently FAG was like this. An example from the current season would be Houseki no Kuni. Most of the Flip-wave newfags happily migrated to PriPri threads, not forgetting to take their goggles with them, now seasoned veterans, with a favorite studio of their own, 3Hz. Interesting how there's always some degree of yuri in this kind of shows, but that might not be indicative of anything, seeing how there's some degree of yuri in everything these days.

Maidragon is good.

nice livejournal geek

If FliFlaFags are newfags, where is the massive following for the show on reddit, MAL, or tumblr to accompany all this newfag taste? Or have you just run out of boogiemen to blame and have to resort to "they're all new"?

>Most of the Flip-wave newfags happily migrated to PriPri threads
I wouldn't call it happily considering that they would never miss a chance to remind everyone how PriPri was pleb-tier when compared to the DEEP MASTERPIECE that FliFla was.
Also you're complaining about newfags but people being overly excited for a seasonal anime is nothing new and you should know that.

Mainstream newfags and Sup Forums newfags are different, but overlapping categories. Sup Forums newfags get their opinions from Sup Forums, and in this case they were encouraged by the initial reaction to the show, but failed to change their mind as the show revealed it's true nature. I guess I should have elaborated on the special snowflake aspect of this kind of fandoms - something which this show has in common with Pleiades, but the post was running long as it was. In short, when you don't know better and are told to change your opinion about a show by the same crowd that previously praised it, you're reluctant to do so, in no small part because it devalues your initial (induced) opinion of it and hype, if there was any. You continue to cling to this show invoking all kinds of memes to justify your irrationality (incompetence), like everyone's favorite "really feeling that writer change" (which I especially hate, because I really felt it, whatever change it was). It becomes your go-to, comfy thread as you watch the show till the end, and then you have no other choice but to continue liking it lest you'd have to admit that you wasted your time. Your attitude by the end of it is something like "well, maybe nobody liked it, but me and my bros did."

You could say that everyone does this and not just new people, but surely as you watch more and more shows you learn to trust your own taste, and see things for what they really are, not what you thought they were back when you decided to invest.

>"if you don't follow the hivemind then you're a newfag"

Mahou Shoujo has always been full of small fandoms which are composed of overzealous fans. Is it that hard to see that people might actually like a show you don't like? Must everyone only like the big shows that are popular?

Furthermore, there are examples of people who have been around for a while who likes this stuff, like the someanithing autist for example, who seems to have watched a lot, but went full blown autism for FliFla.

Fuck you there is nothing wrong with Pleiades