So his power literally can't be used unless he explains how it works? That's actually brilliant

So his power literally can't be used unless he explains how it works? That's actually brilliant.

Why aren't shonen authors creative with their powers like this anymore?

literally every shounen power ever needs explaining first

vaguely defined power systems that allow for this kind of nonsense aren't good

It's one of those brilliant autistic rules that you can only use once in a generation before using it again. Other mangaka must now content themselves in having no such excuse.

he cant use countdown and he has to touch them once. i like it because there is a lot of room for creativity and its not OP.

Specifically to start the countdown. He can place unarmed bombs by touch without other conditions but the bombs only arm when he provides the explanation. He can also freely use little flower.

To their opponent? not really. Usually by braggarts that can't get enough of how powerful they are.

This is his way of lampshading that trope by making it a restriction

He's just Killer Queen rip off.

>araki invented explosions

Dude shut up and get out

That's a funny way of saying Karasu

>what is "Killer Queen Bite the Dust"
Also
>implying Killer Queen is just explosions like Karasu
Togashifags BTFO

He had a bomber character that long before that came about. Both of with create bombs using their own energy and blow people up by touch.

JoJofags are really bothersome

That's not what Killer Queen does.
He turn things in bombs, not create bombs.
And those not only can explode, but also make explode people who touch them.
Also there's Bite The Dust, a bomb which activates when people ask a designated person about Kira's identity.
Very similar to the Boomer power in HxH, which came years later.

>That's not what Killer Queen does. He turn things in bombs, not create bombs.
Cool, there's one difference since ,as I've said, both Karasu and Genthru use bombs created from their own aura.

>And those not only can explode, but also make explode people who touch them.
There's two. the Little Flower bombs don't detonate by merely touching the bombs themselves. It works as a game of Tag.

>Also there's Bite The Dust, a bomb which activates when people ask a designated person about Kira's identity. Very similar to the Boomer power in HxH, which came years later.
There's one you can argue. Though in Genthru's case, it works by hiding in plain sight to fulfill the conditions rather than another person's inquiry.

nice bait

Kira predates Karasu too.

Karasu's bombs were '93, Killer Queen was '94.

Can't the victim just bust their eardrums or plug their ears? Or does the explanation just need to be said?

deconstruction of the shonen genre

>That's actually brilliant.
It's lazy as fuck. Togashi comes up with contrived powers and then, instead of having the characters deduce the abilities themselves, he has them monologue about their abilities. He couldn't think of a more plausible way for people to understand the Mad Bomber's ability so he made it a restriction, too bad it was an one trick pony and he had to use autistic monologues for the rest of the series (example, Chrollo vs Hisoka).

The problem is that, to bust your eardrums or plug your ears, you would need to know how the power works, and if you know it, it's because the bomber explained it and you heard it. I guess that, if you manage to realize what's happening in the middle of the explanation, you can plug your ears (or just kill him in the middle of the explanation) and be fine, he can conjure the bombs freely but they're harmless if the countdown isn't activated.

Of course, the idea of the ability is to be used for coercion more than fighting. The duration of the bombs is long enough that a competent fighter could beat him (or at least fullfill the conditions for the deactivation of the bomb) before the fight is over.

Chrollo vs Hisoka was good because even though Chrollo laid out his abilities, Hisoka still struggled to figure out his strategies and it was too late by the time he realized he was screwed.

It was a great restriction for someone who wasn't out to just straight up murder people, but to extort things out of people before murdering them.

hatsu are just spells/enchants
nothing cool about them

>and if you know it, it's because the bomber explained it and you heard it
Yeah but if you already know about it from other victims, it wouldn't work. Unless having knowledge of the restrictions in question is just the other requirement.

Implying anyone liked the fight until O MY RUBBER NEN Hisoka killed those faggot ass spiders.

why did you delete your first shitpost?

That's why he make sure nobody know his ability.

It wasn't fleshed out that much because he's a filler villain, but the only time he activated his bombs, they activated only after he finished his explanation and his victims heard him. Judging from how other abilities work, I guess that someone with a bomb could warn other people beforehand so they plug their ears before fighting him, and it would be effective.

Yeah, Chrollo didn't lay out all his strategy, but still, explaining shit like Transfer Student or the Sun and Moon bug, or even the bookmark, was ridiculous. Specially since Hisoka is such an experienced fighter he could have deduced all of it from observing him. It would have been slower, but spending an entire chapter on Chrollo explaining all of his abilities was too anticlimatic.

>spending an entire chapter on Chrollo explaining all of his abilities was too anticlimatic
The entirely of HxH is anticlimatic, that's why it's great.

O
MY
LITTLE
FLOWER

Oh, I'm used to being blue balled by HxH. In fact, I'm surprised that Togashi didn't somehow bail from Chrollo and Hisoka's confrontation in an anticlimatic way (O MY RUBBER NEN opinions notwhistanding, the fight itself was satisfactory). But having Chrollo go "this is going to be a duel to the death..." and then "but first, let's sit down a few minutes so I explain how and why am I going to kick your clown ass" was almost ridiculous. Specially since Chrollo isn't a guy that would brag to his opponent (or do anything that gives him any disadvantage), and the explanation didn't achieve anything, besides maybe making Hisoka more confused, but I think he would have been even more confused if he had had to deduce all the abilities from zero.

meme arrows dont work with spoilers how new r u

As far as I saw it, Chrollo legitimately wanted to let Hisoka know what he was getting into. Even right after Hisoka's betrayal, Chrollo was amicable towards him, and seems to hold some sort of sentimentality just for Hisoka being part of the group for a short while. He made sure to avoid fighting until he had every conceivable asset he could come up with to put the fight into his control and, having that (pretty well founded) confidence that he would win, gave Hisoka enough of a taste to see if he really wanted to follow through. Chrollo seemed sincere about letting Hisoka back down, and Hisoka's refusal didn't shake him so it wasn't just a ploy to avoid fighting. I think it's fairly obvious that he also wanted to give Hisoka the fight that he wanted, as long there was no substantial risk.