Dragonball Z

Watching dragon ball z from the start.

What is the closest version to manga? And Japanese with English subs or English dub?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=arr_hU-iGB8
youtube.com/watch?v=hjve9s90DRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pls no

>And Japanese with English subs or English dub?
Why is this even a question? The only half good reason to watch the English dub is if you're a 30-something American who watched the dub when you were a kid. Watch the original with subs.

>Miss out on the champs English voice
I say watch them both but I'd choose English personally

>And Japanese with English subs or English dub?

Wow.. just wow. Are you sure you're on the right website faggot? This is Sup Forums. Watching with english subs isn't even a fucking question. Dubs and english voice actors are generally terrible.

Have you watched DB?

Yes.
Generally yes however I would argue dbz is an exception. Its English cast is very much adored. This isn’t /otaku/.

No but I have read Journey to the West I heard they are basically the same thing and it only changes at Z

English cast is only adored by people who watched it like that on TV as kids and have a big nostalgia boner. Subbed Japanese is much better, the music as well, and if you watched DB subbed it makes a lot more sense too.

Stop being such an obnoxious purist nerd.
Goku actually sounds like a male in the english dub in japanese he undeniably sounds like an old lady.

(Spoilers: He’s actually voiced by an old lady)

Goku sounds like a kid in DB, because he's a kid. In DBZ he sounds like mankid, because he's a mankid. The English dub also takes liberties with the original dialogue and changes Goku's personality.
Decent bait, got me.

Yea I know and it shows in japanese really badly. Not only that but as a result every single male member of Gokus family other than Radtiz is voiced by that same old lady.

So there are scenes where it legit sounds like she is going crazy and talking to her self. Sure you ignore it because of the animation but for me it's just as bad as the english dub for Naruto which to this day is the worst voice I have ever heard.

The manga is the closest to the manga

Nah not this time nerd I've seen this post copy pasted on Sup Forums but it's dumb as fuck logic. Then why the fuck does Bardock have the same old lady?
Gohan?
Goten?
All doing the same fucking exact voice?

Also no child sounds like that it's so obviously an old woman speaking sloppy japanese.

It's perfectly sound logic and you have no argument to the contrary other than "waaah old lady", like all the other plebs of your kind.

>All doing the same fucking exact voice?
Nah, it's pretty easy to tell Gohan's and Goten's voices from Goku's. Well, at least when they aren't fighting. Then, yeah, Gohan and Goku sound pretty much identical. You rarely get them both fighting at once though.

I tried watching this around when it started but I began pining for the DBZ I grew up with, dead weight and all.

Recently I started watching DBZ from the beginning and HOLY SHIT this is painful. So much fucking filler.

I don’t know what I want.

It's not a sounds argument because she does not sound like a child plain and simple. The english dub is 100x better at maturing his voice while keeping it very close to what he sounded like as a child. They in fact made the father and his two sons sound very similar without being the same like the lazy ass japanese dub.

They sound the same because they are all the same old lady making the same voice user

watch the big green dub

Yeah, I rewatched DBZ right after rewatching DB and it was annoyingly long. I found DB great from start to finish, same way I felt when I was a kid. DBZ on the other hand... It has very strong moments but it's all so stretched out and in my opinion even the strong moments get weaker after the Frieza arc.

Watch Dragon ball Recut first.

If DB Kai were actually a remake, that would have kept me around.

16:9-ing the old SD footage then sucking out all the fat is not nearly good enough to make me want to watch that.

I'm doing the same OP
i'm watching jap+subs
it's shit because here in italy subs are taken from dub and they add stupid comments or people thoughts that are not present in jap.
And obviously dub is censored.
English is censored as well?

I agree with you but even DBZ was made in 16:9 in 2014
Dvd version is way better

ok, but DBZ fillers are really boring

The music in Kai is also inferior.
Compare this: youtube.com/watch?v=arr_hU-iGB8
To this: youtube.com/watch?v=hjve9s90DRU