Why do these silly designs look better than anything in Super?

Why do these silly designs look better than anything in Super?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qp6Chd57yhI
youtube.com/watch?v=5lp2owTGIi4#t=7m39s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they don't

Fuck off spic

/thread

because there are new elements in their design.
lNow look at Hit.

Could someone remind me who the red haired guy on the left is supposed to be?

What form is that? SSJ4?

gogeta ss4

Because anything is better than recolors.

No, because it's more appealing for murricans to have villains on steroids and furry phases, despite Toriyama's disapproval on that. That only proves Nakatsuru is a fucking edgelord who likes to put HnK, Jojo and Gundam inspiration in his character designs, as seen in GT and Digimon 1st series. Good thing Yamamuro took the designer role in DBS, he's more in tune with Toriyama's vision (the simpler, the more menacing).

Fpbp gt is deviant art tier

Jiren and co are on steroids while there is an entire furry universe in Super and several gods are furries, what's your point?

Because they look like they actually got some effort into their making, instead of just clicking a recolor button and applying to the hair/aura.

Jiren's design is simple. Not an overdesign like Ih Shinron.

>Jiren's design is simple
So what? You acted like there are no steriod lords and faggy furries in Super when in fact you'll find them in all dragonball series'.

Super 17 looks sweet, though.

Also, Jiren is a literal grey alien. At the very least, GT isn't that generic.

I didn't like GT at first but I didn't know they would churn out something even shittier and now super makes me go back to GT and I'm even liking shit from it way more so than anything in super. But SSJ4 Gogeta will always be rad to me and SSJ4 should have been SSJ God mode and that's it. Give the other fucking characters super modes, enough with the saiyans.

Because they don't.

Grain and saturation of colors, that's it.

The new designs are good, they just don't translate as well because of how Super is animated. In stills, the older stuff looks great, because of how it's animated. This is why something like Super Saiyan Blue gets to look much better in the manga.

Jiren is fucking boring as shit though, and no one can convince me otherwise. I would have much rather had Toppo as the final boss, he feels more like a Toriyama character anyway.

>SSB is better in manga
great, it's still just a literal Super Sayan.

Back when Super started, I recall someone saying there'd be no new transformations and the fighters will focus on mastering their base/SS forms.
I wish they went with that, I always though pic related was the coolest shit.

They aren't and you have shit taste.

Faggots will never admit it because muh toriyama, even though he had a hand in designing most if not all of those.

You forgot actual detail.
Shit animated in the before time of te 80s/90s had better detail to it's art as opposed to the oversimplified shlock of todays Toei.

All of Supers shitty designs are made to be easy to animate. That's why so many of them just consist of big circles like that fat chick Cabba fought or those stupid bugs.

The 90's.
There was still a 'classic' look with GT, using traditional animation. Say what you will about the animation in some episodes, but the overall look of it still has the Dragon Ball feel. Super being digital misses the point, though they've eventually got it together to an extent.

Scenes like this however was a clear indication Super Saiyan would never look at good as it did when it was first shown.

Considering Super is mainly just recolors, it's pretty much Deviant Art tier too.

You know it just dawned on me. Why did gogeta have red hair?

When two SSJ4 fuse they turn into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4

>Super fags unironically think this looks good

Is this filler?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I fucking hated GT and don't watch Super, but fuck off. Super Saiyan 4 was top tier retardation. Omega Shenron was top tier retardation. Super Android 17 was alright.

Because Toriyama was less tired and bored when that came out.

Because they're over the top bullshit designs made to attract autists, the only reason burgerboys like GT is because they are powerlevel cocksuckers.

"THEY ARE STRONGER IN GT, THEN GT MUST BE BETTER THAN Z"

Yes they do

they look like shit, whats up with the furry goku?

Thanks mate

Because Super character designs have been created with the purpose of facilitating animating them so they are all fairly lazy and overly simple, nothing stands out about them, the clothes characters wear are mostly round, tight and without a lot of details and extra pieces.

Because none were by nu-Toriyama.

Only good designs in that image are Omega, Gogeta, and Android 18.

Made in early 2000s and still had the freshness of DBZ fighting slow and steady instead of just hyper speed punches.

>better than this
time to take off the nostalgia goggles

Design choice most likely, here some headcanon for you anyways youtube.com/watch?v=qp6Chd57yhI

>2000s

bottom looks better. take your nostalgia goggles off faggot

tell me what actually makes it look better
everything i've gotten is "t-t-top looks like a b-b-bad photoshop!", but they can't ever explain why

Top is superior but I wish that the highlights were slightly softer.

Because they actually have effort behind them. There's an interesting philosophy behind the SS4 design while the so called "god" ultimate forms are just lazy recolors.

As for new characters, they have moderately unique designs going for them while super's idea of new characters are copypasting older antagonists with a few extra touches and call it a new character.

Blanco is the peak of dragon ball

That's just nostalgia

They try. They don't even try in Super.

What happened man

>Why do these silly designs look better than anything in Super?
super looks worse than shitty oc from the 90s

Super somehow manages to make GT look good. It is just that bad that retroactively makes everything GT related look good by comparison

a decade from now, everyone will still remember super 17, baby and omega
a couple years from now nobody will remember hit or beerus or jiren

fuck i missed those shadows on goku's face why does he looks like plastic almost all the time?

Because due to the way SSJ4's design works, without red hair, he'd look way too close to Goku.

>picks out an inbetween from DBZ
>from an episode that had a bad studio doing it

No super Satan is strongest

I definitely liked them more. Especially SSJ4

Why is he just #17 in his 30s or 40s?

I thought they're cool af when I was a kid in mid 90s. Even noe they look good. I even used to have golden SSJ4 Goku card.

What episode did this happen and got eng subs? thanks in advance

Wrong

What's up with the golden monkey, again?

i liked the tow designs on the left but ive never like ss4 and i hate ss3 design

>i liked the tow designs on the left but ive never like ss4
But one of the two on the left is also SS4.

This should be canon:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lp2owTGIi4#t=7m39s

Would actually explain how he could "fight" characters like Piccolo or Freiza

the designs are not bad because they are simplistic,it's because of yamamuro and his ugly aesthetic choices, they are actually not very animator friendly

>edgy as fuck villains and transformations
lol no

>Super Saiyan Blue gets to look much better in the manga.
It still looks like shit in the manga though so you're wrong

GT had more effort and detail put into it than Super. Even though the plot and the fights sucked, everyone in GT was much more mature than they appear in Super. Vegeta abandoned his rivalry with Goku, Goku actually uses tactics to beat the enemy, Piccolo becomes Warden of Hell, and Gohan knows how to balance his life between working as a scientist and training. Even Goten gets a personality.

You have good taste sir, fuck all these butthurt super fans.

Only Omega Shenron was edgy, even then he was only evil because the heroes kept over relying on the dragon ball. Baby wanted revenge on Vegeta for what the Saiyans did to his people while 17 was just a bitch to Gero and Myuu.

I like GT, but I feel all the little things like making Goku a kid and his annoying Granddaughter Pan the main character ruins it for most people. Nobody bothers to put her in her place.

The bottom is more evocative of the time that DBZ is associated with, I guess. The newer visuals have a less hand-drawn, look to it. No more cels, just digital art.

Great points. Super feels so effortless in comparison. Plus SS4 just looks plain badass

It's sad how much better even the worst stuff from Z is then Deviantart Super