Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome

What did you think of it? I haven't seen the other Yuasa movie yet, but this alleviated any fears I had about Science Saru doing Devilman.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.safe.moe/USYJv.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0i0nm35TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought it was pretty good. Obviously a retread of Tatami's style, but it's such a strong choice that it's tough to complain. Morimi seems to be a pretty good writer, adaptations of his work are always smart and entertaining.

It was great.
Felt too much like Tatami Galaxy at times, and the build up was slow and dull, but the latter half and especially guerilla theater are fantastic.

I wasn't really impressed: the visuals are great, but as has been mentioned they're a rehash of things Yuasa has already done, and the story that's supposed to tie the whole movie together is really weak. There are some brilliant bits mixed in (I liked most of the boozing chapter, and the guerrilla theater), but on the whole it's a forgettable film.

I loved every frame almost as much as Tatami, which is currently my favorite anime.

That's fair. Tatami Galaxy is probably one of my favorite shows ever so I'm a little biased and didn't mine the retreading of themes and art. Morimi also wrote this which is why there's so much crossover

It was amazing, im a sucker for romantic Anime movies and this had great comedy and characters. What are other must-see Yuasa movies? I only know of this one and the mermaid loli. Currently watching Tatami Galaxy.

Really liked it, it was very unique.

This scene made me tear up.

Why do Anime always do this?

anime writers have caught onto the meme of putting the titles in the script

Is it worth a watch if you're sort of meh abou Tatami Galaxy, but like his other works?

What don't you like about Tatami? This is more similar to that than anything else he's done.

I would say yes
>What don't you like about Tatami?
Im currently watching and even if i wouldn't say i dislike it i find how everyone talks so fast annoying

Which raven-haired beauty?

Akashi-san

The one below. She looks more cute and kind......and her hair looks better

>What don't you like about Tatami?
I couldn't bring myself to care about the protagonist, and all other character just felt like eccentric quirks rather than real personalities. I felt Mind Game, with a similar theme, felt more compelling.

no contest

Are there good subs yet?

Fuck off, Don.

Both are great but Akashi for sure. I just love her

I would say that's a trait of Morimi's characters more than anything. Uchouten Kazoku (literally Eccentric Family) is more of the same. The movie is only an hour and a half though so give it a shot if you're interested

MaruChan is fine. Not like you can tell the difference anyway

A cute.

a.safe.moe/USYJv.webm

I'm actually learning Japanese and I'm at that annoying point where I can point out simple mistakes but still can't watch completely without subs.

>and the mermaid loli
When is Sup Forums going to discuss the fact that, despite being about the magical power of music, Lu had really mediocre music?

I was surprised he got the girl even though he was a stalker. I guess it works sometimes

She got the boy even though she's an aimless and directionless empty plastic bag adrift in the wind. They're both so terrible that they deserve each other.

True but rude

its good, but i dont think its as good as mind game or tatami galaxy

For real though, stalker-kun didn't learn a lesson about how creepy and cowardly his behavior was. In a just and fair world he would have been punished instead of rewarded.

Currently watching TG. Why does everyone talks so fast? Is this a first episode only thing or what

Me on the right. And on the left. And up top. And down below. And everywhere in between. All me.

How could I possibly have missed that this film existed? I know what I'll be watching tomorrow.

It's gets slower later on, yeah

maybe your player's broken? Wasn't like that for me

>In a just and fair world he would have been punished instead of rewarded.
He was rewarded for taking action and asking her out on a date. That's the gist of it.
At least in Tatami it was more interesting, as we could see what was going inside the mind of the male lead most of the time.

If that's literally the only problem you havw with Tatami then you're fine, not a problem in Otome.

She developed a crush on him while he was still just being a stalker though.

Most people give a work its title partway through or at the end of production and use a memorable moment or line as reference, not the other way around.

Where I can see the film?

[MaruChanSubs]

I had such a good time with it. As a lonely college student with no gf it spoke to me really hard. And seeing what is essentially a Tatami spinoff made me happy just by itself.

Seriously though, why didn't Rihaku cure himself?

It was a lot of fun.

Wasn't he dying of old age? Besides, i think wanted to die anyway

It's cool

This and Lu were both really nice looking films, with fairly forgettable stories. Not bad stories by any means, just not impressive. I'd still consider them must watch films though.
Otome: 8/10
Lu: 7/10

To be fair, you need a very high IQ to understand Tatami Galaxy.

How many kids did she had with Senpai?

Someone should do something about her drinking problems. Is she keeps it up she'll fuck her liver

I really enjoyed it. I feel the film did and excellent job of making me feel engrossed and involved in it. I really felt like I knew all of the characters in the film by the end of it and it made me want to go drinking in Kyoto.

I actually didn't think much of it at first, but I have been thinking about it since I watched it and I really want to watch it again.

I loved Tatami Galaxy and Uchouten Kazoku as well so I just love this authors work I guess. Also I typically enjoy Yuasa.

Best Anime movie of 2017. Far better than Your Name

Can someone post that fuckin Dance of the Solipsists it cracks me up every time

That fuckin U.N. meeting inside his brain was a stroke of genius

Sophists.

Is this what anime peak performance looks like?

Definitely

Akashi

You'll get used to it

Spot best boy

Oh hey, it's the Lu kids.

I still don't understand the dance party at the beach. Can mermaids actually generate music (that mind controls people and forces them to play instruments and/or dance) with their bodies alone, without actually singing? What are the rules for mermaid magic in Yuasa's head?

Did anyone see the latest Devilman PV that came out 2 days ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0i0nm35TE

I loved it.

Yuasa really has no competition as a director when it comes to anime since Satoshi Kon died.

*blocks your path*

That's a good bait.

I just finished the movie, and I realized that a little less than half the songs aren't very good. The ones that are are catchy as fuck though
The movie itself was like a 7/10 for me. Bit disappointing as I came off of it from OP's film, which I thought to be amazing

implying the master still directs anime

>those asses
God the things I would do

When you wake up tomorrow, see if you can still remember what the songs were or if they've already faded from your memory.

Her liver is already fucked. The guy's going to raise their kids alone.