This is objectively the most impractical weapon design of anime

This is objectively the most impractical weapon design of anime.

>shounen anime
>impractical
why don't you go ahead and call it unrealistic too while you are at it

Not even the most impractical weapon design in Bleach.

For me the climax of all retardeness are wires used as weapons.

>impractical
I think you meant fucking awesome

Get close to that guy, I dare you.

Well it looks cool enough.

No, bald people are dangerous.

Mecha in general is impractical and stupid as fuck.
>Let's have humanoid mechas with arms that uses humanoid hands to grip around weapons!
>Let's have airplanes and humanoid mechs in space!
>Let's put all optics in the head!
Also this beast of a gundam

How does it becomes a disc when spinning?
How does it even spin

If you assume super strength, it's not even that bad.

what that giant blade on the back even does
how do you even use it
it feel like filler

>how do you even use it
You don't. That part is just decoration.
Some knights wear feathers on their helmets. This guy wears a huge fucking blade. Same thing.

Intimidation purposes

Weight is meaningless here, shikai and bankai are weightless to their user.

The problem is that it's just not practical. The two giant blades are (albeit redundant) fine. But that thing on his back... why is it even a blade.

And that's why it's the best bankai.

>Weight is meaningless here,
So there is no problem.
Stop complaining about stuff that doesn't matter.

What the fuck even is this? Why not make a full body armor out of knives at this point?

Do you think that's really his Bankai, or was Ikkaku's Zanpakutou spirit just fucking with him?

Been there, done that.

That's actually an armor made of katanas.

>implying Katana are not knives

Technically, they aren't.

Only Japanese kitchen knives made of tenfold-folded steel count as katanas.

Not him but it looks to me that the ridiculously long handles of his two oversized swords would get stuck on the big ass chains that are preventing that huge metal looking sword on his back from floating away. What are those things attached to anyway?

>what are piano wires

>one-edged blade made for cutting things
That's a knife in my book. It doesn't matter how long the damn thing is.

>the ridiculously long handles
When I look at them, the first thing that comes to mind is that weight is not entirely meaningless. They look like counterweights.

Dutch mecha are the best kind of mecha.

>That's a knife in my book.
Good for your book.

This doesn't even have the decency to look cool.

Another knife, a German "Langmesser".
TL Note: Lang means long and Messer means knife.
It doesn't matter how long the damn thing is. It's a fucking knife.

You know about the messer but still think a knife and a katana are the same thing?

It takes effort to be this stupid.

The langmesser was a messer because of its handle, not because of its blade.
It was a trick to get around the ban on swords.

If you spread butter with a katana, is it a butter knife or a butter katana?

>It was a trick to get around the ban on swords.
That is a myth.

It's an awkward pain in the arse.
If I spread butter with my fingers do they become knives too?

It's still about the handle. And messers sometimes had sharpened false edges. So they wouldn't be knives by your definition.

Yeah, I know. That is a myth, that "law" never happened.

Yes.

Daz Bones, is that you?

You use those to choke a bitch, not cut a bitch to pieces with your fingers.

To block attack from behind. Duh!

Knifes =/= Swords

A knife is strictly a cutting tool first and foremost. They are not strictly made for cutting, but have a heavy emphasis on such because while knives may be made to be versatile enough to handle chopping, stabbing and prying jobs, there are better dedicated tools for such jobs as well that are not knives. For example, yes, you can use a knife to baton some wood, but an axe would suit you better. Knives are practical tools 99% of the time and are designed for work from the ground up. They're hardened to a specific level to have good edge retention, as well as being just springy enough to withstand shock and avoid chipping. There are exceptions, of course, but even weapon-oriented knives have quite a bit of distinction from tool-oriented knives that makes them sometimes inefficient for practical use. For example, the FS knife is literally only good for fighting, whereas a more modern bowie design close the WWII patterns like Ka-Bars still retain quite a bit of functionality for other purposes.

Swords, on the other hand, are built from the ground up to be weapons and be used against other people with the express purpose of killing. (inb4 "we should ban swords because they're only good for killing"). Something to keep in mind throughout all of this is "form dictates function" and it's very true for both knives and swords. Swords vary in shape and geometry because although they are sharp chunks of hardened steel, they are not precisely designed to cut. Swords are not sharpened anywhere near to the degree of knives, have an overall lower hardness level on average thank knives, and are designed to parry, hack, slash, bludgeon and sometimes plunge. By technicalities, messers are knives, but they are obviously not lumped in together with shit like an Esee 6, or a buck 115, because they were made for completely different philosophies.

he spins it on the chain duh

Something that doesn't magically float through the air slicing hundreds of zombies just because you wiggle your fingers a little.

I've never seen a knife with distal taper.
But every single well made sword tapers.

>A knife is strictly a cutting tool
Generally speaking, so is a sword, it's just make to cut slightly bigger things.

I really wish /k/ would visit us in times like these and set the record straight.

What are you talking about? Most knives have distal tapering. A Spyderco Endura has plenty.

A sword is a weapon, and not necessarily meant for cutting. The whole point of my post was to briefly explain the difference in philosophy behind both that dictates their forms and therefore their functions. A sword will never have the cutting performance of a knife, ever, because of their inherent geometry, because they're not designed to be practical cutters and instead are designed as weapons, with a specific doctrine and manual of arms behind it that dictates.

That's what I'm trying to do.

>It was only Windmill Gundam #1
>Neo Holland has 49 other Windmill Gundams

Canonically? The dragon on the back is like a battery that stores up combat damage that Ikkaku can unleash through his blades.

Also, Ikkaku will do a body slam with it.

Literally so trash the Sternritter don't even steal it and they just blow it up.

You say that cause you never read Otokojuku

um sorry sweety

/k/ has a decent amount of people knowledgeable of swords, metallurgy, and historical weapons but just as many who spout bullshit they read somewhere that is horrifically inaccurate.

Why not. Once the mass issue goes away and assuming blades aren't one hit death sentences like light sabers, it really doesn't become an issue.

This thing is basically a sectional staff with blades, which is a fine evolution given his shikai.

He didn't use his bankai against the sternritters so they didnt have a chance to steal it.
His bankai is so bad it was destroyed in his fight against a mere arrancar, Edrad Liones. Impractical

the worst wepon is those invisible strings

That's around the time I dropped Bleach. Byakuya went on and on how only the absolute best get bankais and then in the next arc, this minor character gets one.

I would consider being the top 5 in a division to be pretty damn strong.

It’s connected like a nunchuck and he can turn and stand on top of the big one when he goes airborne.

Piano wire is used as an assassination tool for quickly killing a single unsuspecting target, not an effective implement of war and battle or else soldiers would be throwing that shit around instead of using practical firearms. Hellsing is so retardedly but intentionally over the top that it works, this fucking scene started with a 14 year boy crashing through a roof and landing unharmed after jumping out of a plane carrying a 400 pound coffin, but equating wire to a weapon in this way is kind of like writing a character who wins gunfights by poisoning his enemies' food in stylish ways.

What about Justin Law? He can turn into a guillotine. His weapon form so impractical that nobody can wield him, so he had to learn to fight by only using partial transformations.

Is this tongue in cheek or just a irreplicable product of a long bygone era?

What am I even looking at. Looks like he put a measuring tape holder around his leg

he used the blades in normal combat and the big one for the final hit

The guillotine dude is on the right. He turned his arm into the head locking area of the guillotine. The guy on the left has a chainsaw blade wrapped around his leg.

>impractical
>literally weighs nothing to the owner
>fueled by ghostsamurai magic

>A sword is a weapon, and not necessarily meant for cutting
But a katana is specifically made for cutting.

But katanas are still not meant for the kind of cutting a knife would do.

Maybe in #2 onwards they actually put the propeller on the back.

>313 chapters
>Sequel is at 150 chapters already

>I am the bone of my knife

>he doesn't cut people apart with his fingers

Komamura's was so bad that Bambietta was actually glad he got it back.

CLANG

Black Rock Shooter was full of retarded looking weapons.
Little girls holding massive weapons will never not look retarded.

mijn vriend van afrikaanse afkomst.

At least it looked cool

He was established to be stronger than Renji in his introduction iirc so of course if Renji's gonna get one, so can he.

Anything with a scythe is fucking retarded.

>He can turn into a guillotine
hmmmmmmmm....

>will never not look adorable
ftfy

true
I hate that "tiny character wielding a gigantic weapon" trope

>Little girls holding massive weapons will never not look not cool.
fix'd

> shitting on nethergundam

How does it feel being a contrarian

>complaining about impracticality in a fictional world that doesn't abide the laws of our world
I thought this brand of autism was only exclusive to /m/

Fuck you stringbros rule.

Wouldnt you cut your own fingers off with those?

>ikkaku's bankai has one of the coolest reveals in the mango
>ugly as shit
>terrible "ability" that barely makes any sense really
>gets it destroyed the second time he ever uses it
>will never be as powerful as it was before because it was shattered, which is fucking hilarious because it could barely cut a shitty arrancar's hierro before it was fully charged
>shikai is shit too, made of wood and the nunchuck thing only really works maybe once or twice in a fight, if ever
>Ikkaku is apparently as strong as a captain but just gets totally bloody within 10 seconds of a fight, another 10 to get to his knees
I think the only fight he ever won was against Moeh right? Even then he only won because Moeh is terrible at fighting and he still had a ton of broken bones and his sword broken. Like jesus OP should've said Ikkaku was the most impractical character of anime

so, cimitarras and machetes are knives?

gloves, also asinine as it is, if it's direct pressure, it's less likely to get cut as vast majority of cutting implements, besides axes, rely on the draw of the blade as a cut. If the string is being rubbed against the flesh, that's more likely to cut than pure pressure.

Machetes are definitely big ass knives

knives would be little machetes with that logic tho

no, doesn't work that way.

All penguins are birds, not all birds are penguins

Don't be fucking stupid.

fuck you.

is hellsing's mangaka a closet homosexualpedo? He draws a lot of feminine boys in his works not to mention that scene where the turkroach sultan raped poor little dracula's boyhole