Why does Tenchi Muyo still get a new series or OVA every half-decade or so while El Hazard is super fucking dead?

Why does Tenchi Muyo still get a new series or OVA every half-decade or so while El Hazard is super fucking dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqBlhXHF7vI
youtube.com/watch?v=rQW5Cotnmyk
youtube.com/watch?v=FAGO4mLigk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tenchi might as well be dead. The switch to digital animation was a mistake. So was that clusterfuck of an OVA they released in the mid-00s.

I don't know how Kajishima keeps getting stuff green-lit but it's not always for the best.

Pretty sure he's got a deal with BEELZEBUB.

El Hazard should have died after the first OVA. Everything after that was garbage.

AIC is broke and OVA canon Tenchi sells.

This.

Tenchi OVA only gets worse each season, Kajishima makes George Lucas seem sensible.

El Hazard is good where it is. It got an ending in both universes. Im content to let it lay.

What I want is more Dual. They need to get their asses to space.

More Dual exsists. It's called the GXP novels.

I want Tenchi Muyo to keep getting new series until Kenshi's show gets a season 2.

>GXP

That doesn't fill me with confidence. I liked that Dual stands on it's own without Tenchi wank.

OVA 5 is going to be about Kenshi growing up, so who knows maybe we'll get a second season.

>without Tenchi wank
Yeah because there definitely weren't any royal seeds or light hawk wings in Dual.

And you could understand the story fine without even knowing Tenchi exists. Any connection is larger world building fluff at best.

>Literally have all the Tenchi related animation except for the newest OVA and that new shitty spinoff with 3 mins episodes.
>Have all the El Hazard too since when I was younger I figured they were still same universe too.
I too wish they'd expand more on the Dual and El Hazard series.

I want an effin rerelease of DUal on Blu ray!!

Tenchi remembered his training, Kenpachi Ramasama didn't.

Kajishima still makes good stuff though. His problem is he has a vision and refuses to compromise. OVA 4 is just shit cut from OVA 3, and it was obviously meant to be seen before ISM. Instead of scrapping it now that ISM is already out he still made it because he needs it to follow his vision.

The problem is his vision is shit. Nothing fucking happens.

>Be me 8-9 years old
>Family too poor for cable or satellite tv in shitty apartment in Encino, California
>Two sisters from some Slavic country that lived next door baby sat my sister and I because of a family emergency
>They have cable
>Watching TV is the most effective way to keep us distracted and well behaved
>Come across Toonami
>Watch some TV show that was clearly Japanese based on what my father used to tell me from his time in Osaka
>TV show feature a group of women that seemed to obsessed with one boy who already had the hots for some other girl, while at the same time were desperate to make money on their visit in Tokyo
>Women had superpowers and even at my age the women were... pretty. I kind of wish that girls liked me like that.
>Instantly memorized their names, including the main character, AND the ending theme that played at the credits from that one episode.
>Never saw anything after that, since the Slavic sister then moved out.
>Constantly sung/hum that ending theme song for nights, and trying to desperately to remember it no matter what.
>Would take a index card and write there names down, and use color pencils to color code them since I remember them by hair color.
>Years laters then turning to age 14-15
>Browsing net zero
>Comes across a website Toonami Arsenal
>?
>Comes across all these things called "Anime"
>Play one of those anime intros
>THAT SONG!
>OMG I REMEMBER!
>Tenchi-Muyo! Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo
>Spent many hours watching those intros over and over, and reading even fanfiction
>Finally saved money to BUY THE SERIES!
>I was content.
>Wait.. there are more spinoffs?
And the rest is history.

This story was longer than it had to be

Same user here. This was the song I kept in my memory for those years before I rediscovered it. youtube.com/watch?v=OqBlhXHF7vI

>Why does Tenchi Muyo still get a new series or OVA every half-decade
Dunno. Kajishima has some weird vision
>while El Hazard is super fucking dead?
It's it over? I always thought that the OVA was meant as extend commercials to sell Manga and Light Novels. The TV show one was good... but that series ended too. I think the problem was how they both ended. The main character or love interest sacrifice themselves but then show up for no apparent reason to imply happy ended, but never wants to explore how. Kind of a lame epilogue Deus Ex Machina really.

This, nobody watches Tenchi anymore because the creator refuses to pick a girl to win the Techibowl. Just pick Ayeka already, but nope!

Tenchi is still pretty popular in Japan.

Because it doesn't matter HOW Makoto got back to Earth to be with Ifurita. The point is that after the day was saved he studied magic or whatever to find a way. He's even notably older.

The only problem was they tried to make sequels and tried to add another love interest to a triangle we already knew was over.

Too much world building, and not enough story. The spinoffs that were not created by him were better. youtube.com/watch?v=rQW5Cotnmyk

>The spinoffs that were not created by him were better.
Universe, Tokyo and Ai are all shit tier.

OVA Tenchi knocks them all up, including the space ship. Which is pretty lame if you ask me. I mean sure it works for the self insert wankery I suppose but it doesn't feel like the relationships are ever earned.

Id rather the girl I like lose with some dignity like what happened in Universe when in the last movie Ayeka was the one who talked Ryoko into not giving up and going back to save tenchi. It was a good character moment for them and provided some actual closure. I don't even think the OVA has an end goal in mind.

Fags that want monogamy in harems should neck themselves.

I fucking love the manga.

Universe is far superior on the grounds of actually telling a goddamn story and while Tokyo was shit at least things fucking happened. The characters did stuff.

The OVA verse is just some random distant relative of the week and no one ever leaving the Masaki house for some fucking reason.

This.

I agree with you regarding Tokyo and Ai, but nothing else.

Go self insert into a light socket. What people want is an actual goddamn story. Not a never ending shit heap of garbage world building.

>Universe is far superior on the grounds of actually telling a goddamn story and while Tokyo was shit at least things fucking happened. The characters did stuff.
Thank you! My thoughts exactly!

My first Love. Let Tenchi have his harem. Just let me be with my wife.

>The characters did stuff.
The characters were garbage though.

Such an awesome Evangelion Parody.
youtube.com/watch?v=FAGO4mLigk0

Better than Tenchi's aunt's sisters 2nd cousin twice remove niece's grandmother.

>Tenchi's aunt's sisters 2nd cousin twice remove niece's grandmother.
In this series that just translates as love interest.

I just want Kenshi to come home.

Today I will remind them.
>yfw Washu is Mihoshi's Great-Great-Grandmother and on the purest of technicalities Ayeka and Sasami are Ryoko's Great Aunts

Incest is all good and everything, but just keep it in the family guys.

Wrong. You seriously think people are going to waste money funding an expensive project like that when digital is a cheaper and better commodity to use? Get over yourself nostalgiafag. What you're complaining about is direction and writing, NOT art direction and medium.

I hate the author because he keeps introducing new males that are just inferior Tenchi clones.

I rather have the plot be focused on Tenchi again and whether or not he will engage in even more wincest with his aunt.

I feel like the author's biggest mistake is making Tenchi clones which make it hard to like his series.

Tenchi's half brother is okay but Seina is just a shameless inferior lookalike that is too forced.

When I first read the summary. I was actually stoked Tenchi would go into space again and try his hand at being a galactic police but then Seina ends up hijacking Tenchi's spot and we all know what happens.

Id be happy to see him and the gang take a stab at galactic politics.

picked up