Will there ever be another anime on its level? I can't seem to find a fault with it

Will there ever be another anime on its level? I can't seem to find a fault with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mtb1jrL_Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=6KEve21FNLg&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=sWqmqpPAkqs
youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
youtube.com/watch?v=c87UfRXNczQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I can't seem to find a fault with it
No episodes about Mustang and his crew goofing around.

Hurrr overrated lmao
There now Sup Forums doesn't need to reply.

2003 >

Mustang and Riza didn't fucking make-out.

>IM NOT SHORT REEEEE
great show

How is this even possible?

>can't seem to find a fault with it.
>if you kill him you'll be just like him!
It's a good show but still shonen.

That scene was the moment where Brotherhood became objectively worse than the original anime.

Theres a endless mountain of shitty unfinished adaptations that seems to just keep piling up higher and higher.

Odds are one day one of those adapted IP's will get the revival it deserves.

casuals gonna casual.

What adaptations do you think need to be revived? I know berserk is one of them.

yeah lack of relevant fillers was disturbing

It's unironically shit though.

It's good I think but I don't like it that much. Sure my opinion would be different if I saw it when I was 14 though.

I felt the same way when I saw Avatar, age changes things, always does.

K-On!! is superior.

should I watch the original anime or brotherhood first

I would love to see a similar "Brotherhood" type show for Soul Eater that follows the manga more closely.

What about the horrible "comedy"? Other than that it's a good show.

Same here, I was a pretty big fan of Soul Eater when I was younger although I hear Soul Eater went to shit so I sometimes feel like that's why there still hasn't been a Brotherhood equivalent of that

Eh, FMA 2003 was pretty good up until Greeds death then went full retard after that. Also Greed's death in the 2003 pretty much went against everything Ed's character is about but more of that show was filler and "please donut steel" characters, as well as tons of fucking edge and emo.

People say FMAB is a perfect blend of action and comedy but I couldn't disagree more because the comedy is pretty much "EDWARDS SHORT AND SUPER DEFORMED NOW!!!!! XD"

Original is better, but will ruin brotherhood for you. Or it won't if you have shit taste. In all honesty as a younger person I liked 2003 more, and as an older person it held up for me, it's more mature in that the themes it uses are more applicable to the real world, and while not as "fun" as brotherhood, I think it is tied together overall much better at the end. But those are just my opinions, I think you should watch both in whatever order you want, but you should watch both.

gave me a migraine

Original then brotherhood, you'll either prefer one or the other.
People like to argue about which is better, but its like arguing between which one is a 9 and which is a 9.5.

Well there's Black Clover

This. Ed short jokes are funny once or maybe twice if you're being charitable. Armstrong and his sister is only a little better, and similarly overplayed.

I know she's trying to lighten the mood after all the heavy shit, but she's just not as good at it as Sorachi or even Oda.

>it's more mature in that the themes it uses are more applicable to the real world

It's a 14 year old's idea of "mature". The shitty Emo poem Lust says after killing some dude could easily be a caption in a deviantart pic of Shadow the Hedgehog. Not to mention the entire second half of the show pisses in the face of the whole "all is one , one is all" theme of the manga.

03 fanboys are nostalgia tripping

Especially when it hard swerves towards WW2 and you get that shitty movie.

I'm talking about letting go, and being willing to actually sacrifice for things you care about, instead of expecting to have a happy end.
There was no happy end for a lot of them, but they kept on going regardless. And the bad guys weren't bad just cause, they had a pretty good and meaningful reason for doing what they did.

I don't like Scar and his people.

>I'm talking about letting go, and being willing to actually sacrifice for things you care about,

You mean like when Edward destroyed his Gate giving up his Alchemy to get his brother's body back? Sorry but the whole pre WW2 Germany shit will never not be retarded.

Watch 03 before Brotherhood. It's more somber and emotional. This is especially true for the beginning and up until the point of their split. It really takes its time and brings you in gradually. Brotherhood bumrushes this beginning. As a newbie, you will get much more emotional punches starting with 03. If you watch it first, then you will enjoy Brotherhood that much more after.

>It's more somber and emotional.
People should learn the difference between "Somber and emotional" and "Emo and Edgy"

Original first. Now close this tab before you get spoiled

>You mean like when Edward destroyed his Gate giving up his Alchemy to get his brother's body back?

Yeah, he didn't seem that bothered about it.

>Sorry but the whole pre WW2 Germany shit will never not be retarded.

What does that have to do with anything? It's no more or less retarded then magic hands and circles.

>People should learn the difference between "Somber and emotional" and "Emo and Edgy"

Sorry, what exactly is the difference since you seem to be the expert? I was under the impression that violence and suffering for the sake of the plot and character development was perfectly acceptable.

Except magic hands and circles work in Amestris and has set rules.
The WW2 stuff that's based on the real world has different rules.

Shit like Rose getting raped by the military for one was unneeded and served no purpose other than to shoehorn some dumbfuck plot about a resistance in Lior lead by Scar who unlike in the manga and Brotherhood went through no actual character growth and was pretty much the same character from beginning to stupid fucking end.

Violence and suffering exist in brotherhood as well. Just because it has a happier ending doesn't make them moot.

What's wrong with that phrase you fucking brainlets? It just shows that the characters are human, not a bunch of edgelords.

They've never seen gundam seed if they think that's bad.

>Yeah, he didn't seem that bothered about it.

Yeah you could tell by the way he clapped his hands to fix the roof in the end like he still had Alchemy. See the point is Edward relied on Alchemic as a way to solve all he problems by the end he grows as a character and learns that there are other ways and yes giving up his Gate was a huge deal since again, he's been relying on Alchemy his whole life and it was a huge part of who he was.

>What does that have to do with anything? It's no more or less retarded then magic hands and circles.

It has a lot to do with it actually because it was unnecessary, they didn't need Germany or proto Nazi's , what do you think the Ishval genocide was as well as the Amestrian military but that wasn't on the nose enough for Bones.

Also Ed didn't really "give up what he loved in 03" He still gets his brother back, sure there is no Alchemy in Germany but there is an expy for every character that died ( like Gypsy Rose and Bradly and Scar with his new GF Lust) and i am pretty sure he could find another "Winry" to get with. It was silly shit masquerading as "mature storytelling"

You sure about that?

Alchemy is literally who Edward is, he gave up who he was sacrificing his door. It "doesn't bother him" because he willingly gave it up to save his brother.

And in 2003 canon, Amestris and our world are connected by destructive and creative forces. Our death is their life.

War is shitty, and that was one of the main themes of FMA, regardless of which version you watched. They way they handled Rose's rape was about as well as they could have handled it. And no, Scar was definitely not the same person at the end, he sacrificed himself (again, a theme in both versions) for the greater good, instead of continuing to kill people for his own reasons.

I didn't say that it did. I just felt the themes were carried out better in the 2003 version.

>Yeah you could tell by the way he clapped his hands to fix the roof in the end like he still had Alchemy.

Being bothered by something and forgetting it's gone are two different things. Of the two, I would say that 03 Ed got the short end of the stick. He lost his whole world, all B Ed lost was his alchemy. He still has his friends and Winry, and I don't think he's going to find a "replacement" for her, you can't exactly replace humans.

Exactly. He was willing to pay that price. However, there was no guarantee that he would live in the 03 verse. He sacrificed what was possible his very existence for his brother, and even then he never really got his brother back (excluding movie ending). He gave everything for nothing. And that's how life is sometimes. It's a good lesson that more people could stand to learn.

I always felt loss of self was worse than death.
Endings where characters lose their memory feel more depressing than characters that just die.

It's usually a shit cliche to justify some cheap moment of idealism. In FMA:B this was especially so, as Mustang was within every reason to take out Envy (basically a demon whose death would mean no real character issue with the person who kills it).

Isn't the scene he's talking about when Edward talks Winry down from shooting Scar?

Certainly not what I was thinking. That scenes a more justifiable thouhh. Scar was an actual human with vendetta, and Winry didn't know the full circumstances behind him.

The movie was obviously not part of the script for the anime. You can judge the anime without judging the movie.

In-series there was just zeppelin bombing which actually happened. Nothing weird. And I think it was a better idea than what the gate was/how philosopher stones were actually used in the manga.

Well, if that's how you want to split it, then 2003 is closer to the former and brotherhood is closer to the latter.

In 2003 the homunculi have personal stories related to people that the characters care about. In Brotherhood they are apathetic constructs built on generic human sacrifice with no emotional connections.

Brotherhood has a closer version to what a homunculus actually is, it's supposed to be an artificial construct.

>>if you kill him you'll be just like him!
That wasn't the issue.

It was on toonami and normalfags love it: that's not to say it's bad, I think it's excellent, but it is adored by casuals.

CN also aired 03 didn't it?

>Can't seem to find a fault in it.
Clearly you didn't watch 03 first like you were supposed to.

03 had better lighting, but Ed actually grew up in brotherhood. He's completely static in 03.

>In Brotherhood they are apathetic constructs built on generic human sacrifice with no emotional connections.

Actually Greed would suggest otherwise. Plus Homuculi had pride in what they were. With the exception of Envy they had no real desire to be human.
While in 2003, they couldn't even stay true to their namesakes. Wrath is a whiny brat who's claim to fame is crying like a little bitch and calling for his mommy. "Sloth" also has no connection with the actual sin in which she is named.

Gintama is the best in comedy/action
Prove me wrong

Oh also the very way the in which the homunculi are made in 03 spits in the face of the "the dead can't be brought back" theme of the manga.

Don't give me that "oh they're different people" nonsense either as Lust had memories of her previous life as...ugh Scar's brothers ex girlfriend. Wow what a coincidence that's who she was, eh?

Never thought fma to be all that good. I enjoyed code geass way more.

03 had better direction period. The parts of the manga that it covered outclassed the brotherhood version by miles. Neither adaptation is perfect, but there's no way you could think Brotherhood was faultless if you had seen 03 do it first and do it better.

Compare these scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=1mtb1jrL_Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=6KEve21FNLg&t=2s

Why did Brotherhood make the characters so ugly and fat?

It looked better, but it doesn't make brotherhood look bad, it still looks good even if its not as good as 03.
I prefer the attention to detail more brotherhood, like Ed growing taller than Winry by the end instead of being the same from start to end.
Both series have their strengths and weaknesses.

Really? I thought 2003 pushed that theme a lot more. In the manga the philosopher stone ended up being "actually you CAN make whatever, if you just kill enough people." In 2003 it was all a fake.

Having memories doesn't mean that you are the person, and trying to live a fake life as that person wouldn't work out. It allowed them to approach the idea directly.

Silver Spoon
/thread

>03 spits in the face of the "the dead can't be brought back" theme of the manga

I've only seen Brotherhood but hearing the 2003 series had parallel universes and WW2 and shit this sounds fan fiction material.

The series is better for it, honest. Only the movie has dumb stuff. Just never watch it and you're fine.

>Implying that scene somehow spits in the face of that theme, instead of actually enhancing it

>I can't seem to find a fault with it.

The first half was extremely rushed.

>Trapped souls that don't even have bodies of their own and are literal animated hunks of flesh from father

It's like you didn't even watch

But he literally couldn't do anything he wanted. All he could do was create shit without using a circle. Like a suped up Edward.

HunterxHunter

Constant comedic relief in basically every serious scene, I dont need it to be brooding and edgy but it would be nice if there wasnt a stupid joke and a chibi face everytime something happens

It's popular.

I wonder how big the budget was for this show (brotherhood), animation seemed consistently good

In brotherhood the gems were just collections of souls trapped for all eternity.
People could be pulled from that torment and given flesh and life.
In 2003 their life their soul, everything was used, leaving nothing save the crimson elixer.
There is nothing to bring back.

boooring.
body horror, war drama and monstrosities (2003) doesn't need gags (brotherhood)

What about fat chinese lolis and a villian that wants to "become god"?

>robot Frank Archer
The dumbest shit ever

The original 2003 version is a very interesting case study of the political climate at the time
You know, the directors putting a smidge of their own commentary in regarding the War on Terror

I appreciate Brotherhood for it's kinetic value - fluid animation, expressiveness, little details like Edward growing taller.
2003 had a lot more of a restricted, but artistic flair to it with a HUGE emphasis on color and lighting. You also had interesting twists in the characters that set them apart from their manga iterations. Small details like Mustang being the one who killed Winry's parents, as opposed to Scar killing them in a blind rage.

More emphasis is shown to built up Hughes and Roys friendship with each other I think is also so very key for 2003, and the higher buildup with Hughes with Ed makes his death hit so much harder, since it's established really well that Hughes is the only adult that Edward actively allows to help him

Also, the music, the FUCKING MUSIC of 2003 is so fucking good
youtube.com/watch?v=sWqmqpPAkqs
youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
youtube.com/watch?v=c87UfRXNczQ

2003 isn't perfect, but it is a classic

brotherhood is better. simple as that.

I think anyone with real taste can agree that the manga is the superior version

its true

Sub or Dub?

Brotherhood has worse, more generic music

It has far fewer tracks that have as much staying power as something like Bratja

03 did that whole arc so insanely much better

You know, I kind of liked having Shou in 2003 end up as a weird Chimera with an upside down face, only able to really speak in this hush, conspiratorial whisper, that sort of deal

it's the worst version. hth.

>Will there ever be another anime on its level?
TTGL.

out, child.

Dub

Honestly it's one of those shows that everybody likes but it's nobody's favorite.

Brotherhood had better direction period.