What does Sup Forums think of Junji Ito's work?

What does Sup Forums think of Junji Ito's work?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/06/30/junji-itos-horror-manga-has-an-anime-adaptation-in-the-works
itojunji-anime.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only read Uzumaki and it's pretty good even if it gets a bit too unsettling for me

I don't speak for a whole community like a dork but I personally like him a lot. His artwork and story reminds me a lot of the first time I played Silent Hill 2. I love when media can give me that feeling of unappreciated horror.

Remina > Uzumaki

I don't understand.. how is that even scary in general? I just find it funny as fuck
I'd probably put my dick in it just for the shits

This.
I guess it's subjective, but Jigokusei Remina rustles all my Lovecraftian jimmies, it could work really well as a big-budget ova.

it's great I'm excited af about the anime

Wait wait, what?

There's an adaptation incoming, apparently by the same guys who did Gyo.

You gotta be in the mood to get immersed in it. That’s why i compare it to silent hill 1-3. Objectively you could pick apart the voice acting and overall game play, but once you are immersed it can give you this uneasy feeling not found in many movies or games.

Oh shit, I had no idea. I’m cautiously optimistic. Could be good, could be embarrassing

what would you do if you were in a itou manga?

This.

And Sup Forums used to have ito threads often.

Accept that I am not gonna have a happy ending and try to roll with the punches.

>it could work really well as a big-budget ova
none of ito's works ever work as movies or anime. that's because they tend to have great, creepy artwork but pretty crappy stories. if you adapt them you lose what made them memorable

Pray that I'm in Cat Diary.

the gyo anime was absolutely godawful though

Kinda like berserk, the story really only works really great with the artwork it has. Without the same level of detail or pacing, it kinda falls apart

are you talking about this? because it doesnt mention uzumaki at all

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/06/30/junji-itos-horror-manga-has-an-anime-adaptation-in-the-works

I'd agree in general, but remina packs amazing spectacle and visuals that could make it shine when combined with a competent direction.
It would certainly be far easier to make a successful adaptation of it than, say - Tomie or Uzumaki.

that cat looks like it has seen some shit

Got bored.

itojunji-anime.com/

Great, but Ito has samefacing problems. He's one of my favorite mangaka.

I am honestly baffled that the western media really doesn't approach this kind of bizarro horror at all. Maybe in a lovecraftian sense, but Ito's ideas mostly concentrate of making something ordinary horrifying and unexplainable. So it kinda differs from the cosmic horror.

It's okay user. You're on the internet you don't have to put up cool airs, no one really cares.
I love them, the art is excellent. The only bone I have to pick with his works in general are that the endings feel either forced or abrupt.

Are there any news about the anime? Is it just gonna be a bunch of his oneshots or something longer?

looks like an anthology based on his 16 volume collection of old shorts. some great stuff in there but the art on their site looks like we can expect shitty, cheap-ass CG animation