Why can't we have more chill and likeable shounen MCs like Yoh as opposed to annoying spergshits like Naruto...

Why can't we have more chill and likeable shounen MCs like Yoh as opposed to annoying spergshits like Naruto, Asta and Natsu?

Yoh is cool as fuck

i guess "MUH DETERMINATION" protagonists are easier to root for, but i definitely really liked the laid back nature of yoh as a kid

yoh is my fucking bro

this lad is pretty cool tho

battle shounen are hot-blooded affairs

it's probably for the best to only have one unique stoner Battle shounen MC.

Why did he have the shirt open all the time?

Most shonen follows the award winning classic formula that apparently no one ever gets bored and tired off of dumb, hotblooded MC that might or might not have liking to eat as one of his main personality features.

Because he liked to feel the fresh breeze on his chest.

what the fuck was flowers even?

Not everyone is afraid of bearing their chest in the open, tubby

an abomination that should never be brought up in any conversation

>It's about shamans
>There isn't any Turkic or Mongolian character

Also
>Shaman King
>not Shaman Khan
This show triggers my Tengri autism so much

I miss Toriko

Because that's not what the market is asking for.

I want more protagonists like Yoshi

The MC in Full Drive, is laid back, and also quite a bit arrogant/cheeky.

There's also Senku in Dr. Stone.

This series was boring and poorly animated as fuck. The OP was the only good part.

Me too.

>hey wanna get married?
>ok

Not profitable and relatable for the target audience.

Because that era is over. Now it's self-inserts, edgelords, or gary stus.

Senku is my MCOTY
Dude is so chill and laid back and literally just wants to do science and bring humanity back to its glory

Because to make a character like Yoh you need actual writing skill.

t. Bleachshitter

>Not profitable
LOL just LOL you have no idea what you're talking about

Eh, Yoh wasn't that complex. His gig was being chill all the time, and being clever and smart on occasion. The same character archetype has been done before, and better.

This is true, though. Yoh doesn't work well as a power fantasy, and power fantasies are literally every fucking MC nowadays.

If Shaman King aired today people would be all over Hao instead. Mark my fucking words.

I loved Shaman King mostly due to Yoh's character.
I dropped the manga after I heard it went to shit though. Maybe I'll finish it for old-times sake

>Maybe I'll finish it for old-times sake
Then prepare for CAPITALISM!
Oh, and Yoh and Anna ended up killing their kid, kinda.

O-Okay
What about Flowers?

That's flower, basically. There's Anna clones everywhere.

>Yoh wasn't that complex. His gig was being chill all the time, and being clever and smart on occasion.
You sound like a speedreading idiot
Yoh had many facets to his character.

>after I heard it went to shit though.
It never went to shit
It's great all the way through
Read that shit on Batoto for the most complete experience online

Avoid the sequel about his son though it's crap

Except it isn't at all. Shaman King was very profitable back in the day and even shitty Flowers was the top selling manga in its magazine when it was running.

> Shaman King was very profitable
> back in the day
You said it yourself.

Look around you
Look beyond

The sequel is what they're talking about.

You're talking as if Hao wasn't one of the most popular characters.

laid-back characters are easier to write when their on the side, so we don't know much about them, and watch in hopes to learn more

pic related i guess?

Hard to be profitable now when there's no Shaman King series running.
Flowers sold very well while it was running though.

>The sequel is what they're talking about.
Actually they mean when it goes full tournament because nu-males apparently can't handle them

>You're talking as if Hao wasn't one of the most popular characters.
He was popular, but Ren Tao was the most popular male IIRC.

God Fucking Dammit. I fucking hate it when people pigeonhole Yoh as "Le Laid-back stoner character xD"

FOR FUCK SAKE that's only a small part of his character. It disgusts me that people are such speedreading scumbags that they don't notice how deep and nuanced his character actually is

You is my model for life. Be chill at all times. Dude only wanted to be shaman king cause he didn't want to work too hard. Even though he hated humans(everyone does to some extent) he was genuinely nice to the living and dead. Easily one of favorite MC's of shonen ever. Highly likely he was a pot head too

>I fucking hate it when people pigeonhole Yoh as "Le Laid-back stoner character xD"
I don't know about the manga, but the anime certainly portrayed him as this. And most people watched the SK anime first.

Also stop getting mad people have opinions different than you. You're the same faggot that ruins every shaman king thread.

but user, that was my point

it's EASIER to write laid back characters when you don't need to focus on them, as opposed to an MC like Yoh who you get to explore more thoroughly.

stoner character was an odd choice of words for what I posted, but I'll chalk it up to you caring about the topic a good deal

btw, tragedy seems to go hand-in-hand with these side characters

kek

Fair enough, the fujoshi can't get enough of them.

Fucking yoh man. He is a role model.

>but the anime certainly portrayed him as this.
No, even the anime portrayed a lot of other sides to him(though sometimes it ruined him like him getting upset that Lyserg joined the X-Laws was out of character)...it's just subtle and you need to pay attention...though it got cut short so we never got to the parts where his views are frequently challenged by pretty much most characters in the series and even his team-mates. How he got more and more sad/angry throughout the series when he saw the cruelty of the Shaman Fight etc. but despite all this his way never changes which is very admirable considering all the shit he experiences.

Kyoraku has no writing...heck Bleach has no real writing in general. Kubo just liked drawing cool looking characters doing cool looking poses.

inb4 the "Yoh is a terrible father" crowd

that was also my point again, user

But he is.

But he barely is a father. He never got the chance to be one because he was too busy saving the world because of his promise to Hao.

> it's a Bring your Kid to the Warzone Day!
Literally nothing in the world excuses this shit.

because Takei is gay as fuck

Except it does you fuckwit. Who else would take care of Hana? Yohmei was getting old as fuck.
Tamao only took care of him because Anna decided to make her after the fact.

I mean fuck sake what do you expect Yoh/Anna aren't perfect, they make mistakes too doesn't mean they're bad parents. Don't forget that Anna was abandoned by her parents because they feared her powers and that Yoh grew up barely seeing Mikihisa.

I need to read Ultimo now that there's Digital rips. I only read the scanlated chapters back in the days but then they stopped.

>there's clones of the protagonist's mother everywhere
So when exactly did Takei think ripping off Anno was a good idea?

>Even though he hated humans
We need more shounen MCs who openly admit they hate everyone around them

Never noticed Hao wore fucking cowboy pants before

>Who else would take care of Hana?
Literally anything else would be a better option than risking your kid's life (and indeed getting him killed) by bringing him to a fucking warzone.

> they make mistakes too doesn't mean they're bad parents.
When your kid is killed as a result of your stupidity, yes you're a bad parent.

edgy

don't pretend like you don't want to watch the world burn too user

You must be older than 18 to post in this site.

Ren was great though. His edgey persona fell apart hard, had compassion, and was relentlessly teased by all his friends and family