Dick’s Sporting Goods Sales Sink After New Gun Policy

>Dick’s Sporting Goods has suffered a surprisingly steep downturn in sales since promising to sell fewer guns, but the problem isn’t the gun sales, Fortune says.

>Stock tumbled to the lowest in four months after the sports store banned assault-style weapons from its Field & Stream stores and raised the minimum age for a customer to buy a firearm from 18 to 21.

>As a sign of solidarity with the student protesters calling for gun control laws, Dick’s announced it would no longer sell assault-style firearms and high-capacity magazines.

>The athletic gear company instituted a similar ban after the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting but rescinded it a few months later by introducing assault weapons to its Field & Stream stores. This time the ban is permanent, Dick’s says.

>“There’s going to be some pushback and we expected that,” said CEO Edward Stack, in an earnings call with Wall Street analysts, according to CNN. “There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for anything.”

>The decision is “not going to be positive from a traffic standpoint and a sales standpoint,” Stack predicted.

Attached: Dicks.png (1100x600, 750K)

No wonder they’re called Dicks

Never thought id say this but wtf I hate dicks now

Lul FPBP

Seriously tho, I cannot believe that, in this current timeline, the twerp that runs their social media, along with their board, could be so completely ill-advised.
What exactly did they think would happen?

Get REKT

Now we just need them to decline far enough that no one else will attempt something as stupid again

Attached: 1456060766672.jpg (1280x960, 153K)

>The decision is “not going to be positive from a traffic standpoint and a sales standpoint,” Stack predicted.

I’m sure that’s what stockholders love to hear.

They didn't even implement a new policy. They already stopped sales after Sandy Hook, so this was pure virtue signalling. Serves them right

>There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for anything.
Dey say it be dis wey nd das how it be

Out of business in six months. Will be enjoyable to watch.

Dat it do

Attached: woods.png (580x520, 421K)

Oh well what to expect...people will react temporarily...then go back...they sell more than guns...since its Dicks and there prices are not cheap...then 18-21...is not going to ruin a store...those people at that age are not stable in cash flow yet...still living at home!...they as a company have other issues!

If they opened in Australia would they be called Cunts?

>What exactly did they think would happen?
>The decision is “not going to be positive from a traffic standpoint and a sales standpoint
I'm not big on corporatism but these guys are not doing business right.

>Out of business in six months.
Nah
They'll fire the CEO and hire one who brings back the guns in a firestorm sale
The CEO not being able to get a job afterwords will be the funny part

I used to shop at Dick’s, field and stream and golf galaxy.

Not anymore #neveragain

This just in from Dicks management.

Me run store... Me no want to sell things... Why you sell my stocks? Why nobody like me? Me so lonely now...

Don't CEOs have a legal obligation to do what is best for stock holders?

Attached: 1515055181885.jpg (750x500, 324K)

Got a joke for you..
Why do lesbians exclusively shop at Sports Authority?

Dick’s sales are down because they charge too much. Their gun policy change will only exacerbate their problems.

Goodbye Dick’s.

>banned assault-style weapons from its Field & Stream
Wait... you can't buy assault rifles in Walmart anymore like fucking candy?
I thought this is America! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

You mean like a fiduciary responsibility?

they have always sucked shit. won't let you handle the guns, won't take them off the rack for you to inspect, never a decent price on guns and always dumb fucks behind the counter.

dicks is nothing but a sports authority that hasn't been liquidated.

He could make the argument that in the long run it's better for stockholders since they will be on the right side of history or something. It's a PR move.

Doesn't mean investors won't get mad when the value of their assets tumbles and demand he be replaced.

Yes

Why aren’t the Goyim ashamed of themselves!

did it never hit them that SJW hipsters don't do sports and thus don't buy sporting goods?

Dick's Sporting Goods Is Tumbling – But Don't Blame Its New Policy on Guns - Fortune

They're already spinning it...

why do you talk like that?

>it isn't gun sales
it is people not wanting to shop there. I wonder what it might be? Over priced? Limited selection? Wading into a stupid political mess while they were already struggling? Might be all of these combined!

You know what's fucked up? When I mention the completely evil shit that companies do, some pretty intelligent people have said to me from time to time "well, they are legally obligated to make whatever decision they think will be best for shareholders, which is always profit at the expense of empathy or morality", but then this dick suck faggot of a CEO can pull this shit and nobody bats an eye. If I were a shareholder, I'd sue the fuck out of them.

Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Sink After New Gun Policy; And its Beautiful.

They made the common mistake of thinking SJW were a majority, they thought this would increase their customer count.

Well played

>assault-style weapons
What do they mean by this? Selective fire?

I don't understand how this CEO still has a job. It's his job to maximize profits for the shareholders and he's abdicated that responsibility. The entire board should be sued directly by the shareholders.

Citigroup needs it next.

Come on man. Whatever they fucking want it to mean. Anything that makes a loud noise and is useful for protecting yourself.

>people who don’t shop us anymore

These are the words of an American CEO.

Jesus Christ.

He's adding good will credit to the books. The company's value is sky rocketing

Faggots don't need sports equipment.

Too bad there is no metric for that, and there is one for tracking his actual responsibilities.

gee who would of thought that catering to vocal online liberals that at best will come into the store and take a selfie holding an item in Dicks post it on social media for likes, then put the item down and not buy it and never shop at Dicks again would backfire. I mean it's not like Dicks totally spit in the face of the type of person that shopped at Dicks to begin with

Another classy shitpost by Woods.

There's a Dick's in the crumbling mall nearby. JCPenney, Macy's, BestBuy, and most of the rest have closed, with nothing new in their place. Sears barely holds on. I don't know how; they're fucking terrible. Anyway, the local Dick's is bright and well-organized, and there is nobody ever in it. Hasn't been for ages.

COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN

Why do you speak as though you grew up with punchcards?

BAN ASSAULT DOGS

LOL. James Woods delivers. The decline in sales makes sense. People who hunt and fish would take their business elsewhere for camping supplies and other things out of protest.... and I guess they did. Now who shops there? Retarded hipsters who like to go on nature hikes? They just borrow each others' moldy tents.

There is value in good will, this just obviously wasn't in the right direction.

God I love the free market. Kikes think they can force an agenda without consequences lmao

Are you copy/pasting from a book of Mad Libs?

faggot CNN talking to faggot dicks, no one fucking cares about either of these douche bags. i hope they and their employees hurry up and fucking die.

lol it would be hilarious if someone shot up one of their stores now

Attached: giphy (2).gif (480x367, 916K)

Same as Gourmet 100% natural artificial flavored genuine imitation home-style processed meat. Doesn't mean shit.

They only sold AR-15's and not since Sandy Hook. Can still buy Mini 14's, though.

>Didn't read more than 2 sentences in

dude

Attached: 100speech.jpg (200x200, 29K)

there is value, yes. But that value isn't measurable as a financial asset like money is. You can't make an argument that stocks are reflective of good will as it will mean you can value stocks on a metric that isn't financial. Which would destroy business.

>can buy a Mini 14 but not an AR-15

This is about the closest to a microcasm of the gun debate you can get.

Attached: justwut.gif (200x293, 1.73M)

We need to ban assault people instead

INVISIBLE
H
A
N
D

What are you talking about? There are plenty of stocks priced higher than asset value. Look at faceberg

Bankruptcy is their future now.

Because...they don't like Dick's?

>limp short dicks

Who would have thought that the people that purchase sporting, physical training, and outdoor equipment wouldn't take kindly to a store chain adopting pussy hat tier policies to virtue signal.

They should have known better then to virtue signal at gun owners.
Shut em down

Absolutely.

Even signaling has a cost

Attached: 1521405048197.gif (900x804, 256K)

the (((people))) their new policies appeal to don't ever buy sporting goods

It means "whatever some faggot thinks looks scary"

WTF

Democrats love Dicks now

it would be called Abbos.

too bad demos never leave their gay-nigger-enclave cities

Just shop at based scheels instead it's all good

underrated

Dicks is a shit tier sporting goods store

They're a fucking athletic/outdoors store. Most of their customers probably support guns in some way or fashion, so no fucking wonder. This isn't Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart can get away with their shit because of their diverse product.

>we expected that alienating our base would lead to sales drops, but we promise it's not because of alienating our base

baby boomers are not welcome here. go back to facebook, grandpa.

>tell customers to literally go fuck off
>be surprised when they actually fuck off

The morning their cuck CEO made that announcement I shorted the fuck out of their stock.

Attached: DXIEtmTWAAAEzBg.jpg (1200x800, 106K)

Isn't Dick's in the middle of getting (rightfully) sued for age discrimination????

>CEO
How can the share holders not sue that that guy for being so irresponsible?

>pic related

Attached: 734f0d6efd15353e84d7072602d9dfd8c016ff28a39c6e213cfd9e6f42fd6447.jpg (400x337, 33K)

>assault-style weapons
Every. Fucking. Time

Attached: 1513806771320.gif (381x512, 536K)

They would take legal action probably

They'll go the way of Sports Chalet. I could never understand what the point of that place was if you couldn't buy guns. I don't need a store to buy tennis balls and skis.

Attached: Sport-Chalet.jpg (1089x246, 131K)

Woods never fails to deliver

Actually you can, can also buy some decent Mossbergs

>Retail a dying breed
>Compromise your entire business to virtue signal
What the fuck were they expecting? The anti-gun people aren't suddenly going to decide they want to go camping and gear up. Most of them shriek and piss themselves while flailing around with their hands in the air if they see a spider.

Them not selling guns is having a negative effect, but it's also that the store is horribly over priced, and tries to be a Jack of all trades. For example, I box, and they have the whole corner the store dedicated to boxing, yet only carry shitty 30 dollar gloves from 2 brands.

>Stock tumbled to the lowest in four months
nice fake news, nice no link

Attached: wrong.jpg (885x678, 64K)

Amusingly, these kikes still sell actual battle rifles. Surplus nuggets are on the rack all the time. With the bayonet.

people are voting with their dollars, they make a liberal business decision and conservative consumers take their business elsewhere, simple really.

Its just a clearing house to cheap Chinese imported garbage anyway.

>surplus nuggets
reserved for the special ed gun owners over at /k/, of course

You can ban assault rifles,but you can never ban semi automatic rifles!

They cucked themselves, hopefully they go out of business.

Dicks was never a good sporting store, they sell cheap garbage and if you have an REI there is no reason to use dicks outside of buying guns.