How come Super Milk Chan never caught on, it seems like it'd be something that'd get popular these days

How come Super Milk Chan never caught on, it seems like it'd be something that'd get popular these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EptSuZndzz0
wiki.selectbutton.net/game:hatena_satena
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

too vulgar

I enjoyed back in the day but it always had the vibe of a high quality Newgrounds series. Not sure how it would hold up today.

I wanna lewd Milk-chan

intro scared the fuck out of me as a kid

It kinda was but that was the point, it was that sorta non-humor that people eat up nowadays.

they shoulda used the JP intro.

Panty and stocking beg to differ, compared to how big that got, milk isn't that bad.

You dumbass

It aired on a time where twitter didn't exist.
If it aired now it would be the meme show of the season.

Looks like something that would be accompanying a Dreamcast game for some reason.

Kek

I agree and I can't place why, but that only makes it better for me.

you're right, plus it was during the 2000s, a time when bigger anime were picking up steam, so I guess it got left behind in that regard. still, here's hopes it someday comes back.

Speaking of games, the character designs remind me of this game series from the early PS1-PS2 era.

I can see why, although in turn those look like showa era anime, like bakabon or osomatsu. it's an art style I'd like to see make a comeback.

Osmc was a masterpiece way before it's time

They gave her a Tok, that's great.

remember watching this shit on adult swim at 1am, fuck love that intro.

I can't agree more, and the 90s series are pretty good too. could you imagine if we got a reboot on par with Osmc, and with the animation fidelity of the 90s one?

We were talking about the early 2000's though.

I might be wrong, but I think Hideyuki Tanaka did work on both this show and the Bust a Move/Groove series.

Yeah I realized that after I had responded, which sucks because it really was ahead of it's time.

Wasn't the dub of this show made by the same people whl dubbed Ghost Stories? I remember Milk's dub voice being particularly fun.

Posting Milk.

My body is ready

What game is that?

Bust a Groove

Bust a Groove 2

then there's this

I remember the shota at the right having a relationship with his teacher, or so that's what the game explained.

Cute.

that game has some weird ass yet nice designs.

Don't forget the vogue dancing robot and the fucking weird minimalist artist wizard with Crash Bandicoot laugh that can only accept 2D.

Gonna play these now, thanks.

I've been waiting a long time to get a good milk-chan thread going.

youtube.com/watch?v=EptSuZndzz0

This game looks fun, would've preferred an actual milk-chan game in this art style, but I still like it.

It sucks for how much DVD releases of the show go for on ebay and amazon. I would really like to have those on my shelf but I've gotta wait for some bargain pricings to pop up, I guess.

I was gonna buy them and rip them for the internet, but once I saw the price for the fourth volume in particular, I gave up pretty quickly.

The game is apparently somewhat cryptic to navigate, refer for help if needed.
wiki.selectbutton.net/game:hatena_satena

I remember most of them being up on youtube so there's that at least.

they are but quality varies, also iirc the dvds had official subs while YT only has an incomplete fansub set (missing some episodes)

Jesus Christ what a weird fucking show. I know I watched the entire thing on Adult Swim back then, but I can't for the life of me remember a single episode.

Yeah same, all I remember is the girl calling people a dumbass.

The episode I remember was that the stupid president ended up making throw themselves a nuke that killed everyone.

...and the BELGIUM WAFFLES.

Jeeeesus, that Panda-like dude game me fucking nightmares as a child, the first time I finished the "Boss" on Fever Time I got directly transported to this dude stage and automatically lost because the music was so fast and his dance was so distracting to watch.

I didn't know he was a waifufag, though, it makes sense now.

The only thing I remember was when they turned the ball the president had on top of his head into mass produced food and solved world hunger.

That was only half of it, the plot was that aliens needed to find an end to world hunger for their planet so they mass produced clones of the president. it was wild

those were the first two episodes, I loved those. in particular I like that there would be epsiodes of milk just talking on the phone. it was really chill.

These two had the best themes, in my opinion.

>90s
>go to film festival
>go to the weird short movie compilation
>showed all of Chris Cunningham's music videos
>and some MTV liquid television shit
>and in the middle
>the first un-subbed episode of OSMC
And that's when I fell in love with Milk-chan

i wanted to like this show so bad but it's just really not that good. shin chan was better in every imaginable way. talking about the dubs here havent watched either show in 10+ years

Bump