Why did new religions stop forming?

Islam was the last major religion to be formed, and that was in 700 AD. Why haven't there been any new religions since then?

Attached: oG0h8qv.jpg (1080x1341, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_Faith
youtube.com/watch?v=qmlYe2KS0-Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mormons?

Attached: 1512757014471.jpg (940x392, 53K)

JW’s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_Faith

They didn't stop forming its just the 3 big ones regarded any new religions as dangerous "innovations" and stamped them out.

Attached: 1518820852106.jpg (600x445, 40K)

Look up Bahai Faith
>1863
>Millions of believers
>Abrahamic

Attached: 1513409174964.jpg (236x179, 9K)

What is Scientology?

cult.

There have been lots of religions formed. If we define a religion as a system of beliefs in a higher power than the person then we have lots.
>Scientology
>moonies
>communism

slide thread

the virgin byzantines vs the chad fourth crusade

Sniffing squad

Attached: 1521742488832.gif (450x338, 496K)

I'd form a new religion with that ass

Joseph Smith lived in the 19th century. Scientology was started a few decades ago.
I plan to start a cult of my own but mostly just for tax evasion and to be able to say anything without it being weird because "God says so".

>mormons

>Why did new religions stop forming?
They didn't, they've formed in the form of political idealism.

nobody likes competition

fairly recently a man on twitter got enough followers to file for a the same Tax exemptions a church gets by labeling himself a religion. does that count?

All religions are cult before there's enough people following them.

There is no academic definition of a cult.
>t. double major in comparative religion and molecular biology here
It's a derogatory term started and used by Jews and Cathcucks to tear down any challenge to their authority.
In reality, there has been no let up in the founding of religions.
Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists are the largest and most active of the third branch Christians. All of protestantism happened too. A few sects of Catholicism as well. Modern Orthodox and (((Reform))) Judaism too. Voodoo/Houdou are big in the Caribbean. American Buddhism is also new, it's wholly unrelated to eastern Buddhism.

Basically there is literally no slowing of religions being formed. If anything, there's a massive increase.

Who cares about new religions when the true Son of God was already here? Islam needed to happen though because Muhammad is the false prophet from Revelation.

Attached: f9f.png (600x641, 272K)

>They didn't, they've formed in the form of political idealism.

It's all a continuum of social organization.

the scientific revolution came about. fuck you're dumb OP. the only reason religion was around in the first place is because people could not explain the world around them.

think about it: you're a Roman living 2,000 years ago and you see this gigantic ball of light periodically rise and set, without knowing anything about stars, planets, astronomy, etc.. what would you think it was?

Need a prophet to form a new religion.
But overall the current religions are pretty much not so bad, that is one of the reason no new religions for now.

>Why haven't there been any new religions since then?
The real, functional religion in a society is as invisible as water to fish and air to birds. It is NOT seen as optional.

The real religion of the present day is the worship of money: Capitalism.

And try suggesting changing it and you'll be dubbed a heretic faster than if you'd challenged Catholicism in 16th century Rome.

Capitalism is a religion.

They still do dipshit. They're call NRM - New Religious Movements.

A religion can be formed anytime, all it requires is faith in it's founder explanations for complex issues. The reason why new religions aren't as successful now as they were in the past is due to advancements in science being able to provide better explanations which people are able to test themselves.

They haven’t

What is Mormonism what are all the Protestant sects in North America

What is voodoo what is African and South American mixed catholic and shamanistic tribe religions

What is Scientology ???

Though it is just an extension of paganism, theres Wiccan.

Because those religions did the job they were intended to do. Enslave our people. Paganism came from the Gauls who came from Sidon. It failed to win over Europeans. So what was next was take the original teachings of our true religion and pervert it. What they came up with was the false religion of Jesus. The pic I provide is an altar found in Crete in 1904. It was uncovered and a picture was snapped. It is the first evidence of Yuletide being celebrated. It dates back to 1600 BCE. Jesus lived around 591 BCE. Here is a link to the thread with the true account evidence for that account being accurate.

Attached: IMG_20180225_133122.jpg (400x274, 30K)

Read Nietzsche and then realize that progressivism/universalism/humanism is the religion that rushed into the gaps left by the death of God

Attached: smelloscope.jpg (535x308, 33K)

Because God (the same Jewish and Christian God) told Muhammed that there will be no new religions after Islam.

I am christian, but I believe this is a part of God's plan. Obviously, we are talking about Abrahamic religions here.

There has been plenty of new religions, it's just Muslims and Christians colonized most of the world and pretty much created something of a monopoly. Other prominent regional religions such as Buddhism and Hinduism are even older than the Abrahamic ones

Attached: 1510563051263.jpg (937x1171, 206K)

The Church is very proficient at suppression

The absolute state of European education.

there are new cults formed all the time, only a few make it to the big time

THAS WRONG

Attached: black israelites.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Modern universal egalitarianism IS a religion.

Attached: leftist religion.jpg (500x618, 62K)

Maybe because we're still living in the civilizations built upon those religions for now, remember what we call mytholgies were the religion of the time period they came from before the major religions we have now.

This guy gets it.

Attached: modern religion 2.png (1880x2332, 2.46M)

Attached: 45682345124.png (2518x1030, 141K)

Most of them were murdered off.

Scientology is a 20th century religion.

**I suction cup my mouth to her bare anus cavity, when suddenly**

*BBBRRAAAAAPPPPP*

**A transfer of her intestinal gas right into my mouth and down my throat**

*GULP*

**I try to pull my head away to gasp for air but she won't let me, she reaches behind her and forces the back of my head between her ass cheeks more**

*BRRRAAPP BRAAAPP BRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP PRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT*

**This definitely was more than just air being passed, I felt wet chunks blown in the back of my throat as she forcefully made me swallow them with my mouth still glued to her asshole**

*BRRAAAAAPPP PRRRRRRTTTTT HHUUUUUUPAAAAAAGHAUSHUFHSSGSD*

>"Oh yea baby you like that, don't you little fuck boi, huh? Whos your mommy? That's right, I'm your mommy, now it's time for baby fuck boi to get his protein in. Open wide"

**She said to me aggressively, as she forced another one out**

*BRRRPPPRRRRRRRRRRBBBRRAAAAAPPPTTTAAATTTTRRRRRPPPTTTT*

**What tasted like a mustard pudding was ejected out of her colon. I threw up in my mouth from the taste, but she kept my head and mouth firmly lodged between her ass cheeks so nothing left my mouth. There was so escaping this one**

>"P-PLEASE! R-RELE-EASE ME!"

**I said with my mouth full of shit**

**She turned around, gave me a look like in pic related. And simply shook her head "NO!"**

**Fearing for my life, I swallowed her bowel movement, and she finally released me from her anus**

**GASPING FOR AIR**

>"So hows that for eating ass?"

**She said in a smug and condescending way**

Attached: sniffler.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Mormons and scientologists kinda fucked shit up. Ultimately, anyone asking others to "follow" them is likely a fucking con artist.

>Islam was the last major religion to be formed
false

What is Sikhism?

Attached: 800px-Hamandir_Sahib_(Golden_Temple).jpg (800x533, 137K)

the irony is we all are prophets but choose to be lead by others

>There is no academic definition of a cult.
Yes there is. A cult is an organization which fits the BITE model.

Attached: KoJxuyB.jpg (3120x4160, 1.03M)

Attached: DANDOLO.jpg (1440x1198, 123K)

Attached: 9mvrahji23m01.jpg (3024x4032, 884K)

There have been. Just less successful.

... which does not apply to Christian denominations because ...?

Because Islam is the end.

>because I say so

ah, that one. yes, I can see it now.

>bump

The Abrahamic religions killed off everyone who was an infidel or wasn't a believer. Millions perished.

>bump to aryan thotisms

Mormonism was formed in the mid 1800s.

>BITE model

quick rundown?

*BRAAAAAPPPP*
oh yes my dear..
>sniffffff
quite pungent indeed! Is that..
>sssnniifff
eggs I smell?
>sniff sniff
hmmm yes quite so my darling
>sniffff
quite pungent eggs yes very much so. ah yes and also a hint of...
>sniff
cheese? quite wet my dear...
>sniff
this will do nicely...
>sniffffff
please my dear.. another if you please.. nice and big now.. Oh yes... very good!
Very sloppy and wet my dear
hmmm? is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim? hmmmm? let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling
hmmm.. yes.. that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear ah yes
let me guess.. curry for dinner?
oh quite right I am.. aren't I?
>sniff
>sssnniiifffff
hmmmm I see yes.. yes indeed as well.. curry.. hmmm.. that fragrance is quite noticeable.. onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear? hmmmmm.. yes quite..
*BBBBRRRPPPPFFFTTT*
Oh I was not expecting that.. that little gust my dear you caught me off guard.. yes.. so gentle it was though.. hmmmm.. let me taste this little one just one small...
>sniff
and yet so strong yes.. the odor..
>snifff
Is that...
>sniff
I can almost taste it my dear.. a little whiff more if you please
>sssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff
ah yes I have it now..

Attached: CAFDA924-F07E-409C-BDDF-27A827507FF1.jpg (500x269, 24K)

What are you talking about. Mormonism and Scientology have millions of followers. We get a new religion every ~60 years

Attached: index.jpg (224x225, 6K)

Lol shut up heathen

Sikhism is only like 200 years old mind you...

Attached: 1517785758622.jpg (1400x933, 1.56M)

Cargo cults.

youtube.com/watch?v=qmlYe2KS0-Y

There are Pacific island tribes who have started to worship western technology passing by them. Usually they believe that the ships and planes have supernatural origin and if they get one to come to them, it will bring a plentiful paradise on Earth. They try to attract these mythical cargo deliveries by imitating westerners they have seen, often based on what they experienced in Pacific war when US troops with their magic passed through their islands. Some of those cults are still active.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Attached: RM-VT342.jpg (750x497, 316K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Mormon.jpg (1024x924, 211K)

>YEAH CRY WHITE BOY
>HEIL HITLER

Why does every seem to forget them.

Nice, salt of the earth, people... Mormons.

Attached: Mormons.jpg (600x600, 107K)

what is baha

Atheism is really a religion. The believe in all kind of crazy stuff

Attached: 1458682577630.png (1066x600, 435K)

Because they're insane, not Christian, and not a major religion. There's a reason every good American tried to kill them until they got to Utah and why their prophet was lynched

Why is it that spongebob fans always like the BRAAAPS

Attached: 4512.jpg (1462x1462, 163K)

>what is evolution

you ever watched "the gods must be crazy" movie? its old, but i saw it once, and what you have mentioned reminded me of this film.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy

Communism/progressivism has all the psychological and practical effects of a religion.

They haven’t. The most recent one is the religion of materialism. It will fall with the West.

Here is your heaven!

Attached: You_In_Heaven.gif (720x540, 448K)

Attached: 1520953337988.jpg (1280x960, 285K)

Sikhism was formed in the mid 1400s

fpbp
Just a rehash of original Christianity

Too small to be relevant

>scientology
>voudou
>santeria

imagine feeding a brap like that 6 dozen eggs and a mint.
waking up in a world that is only women's brappers, like a padded room, except all brappers.. and they gas you, and you slowly melt away to nothing more than bones in the brap sludge pool... then you reanimate when the pool is drained, and the walls of brap enclose you again, doomed to suffer this repeating fate for all eternity...

Attached: sniff.jpg (284x177, 9K)

Is this a trap? the butt looks off

A religion founded in the 1400s by Guru Nanak who believed in one universal God, that all are equal under God.

Later on in the 1600s the became the greatest slayers of mudslimes due to them suppressing the Sikh religion

Woman can enjoy that small as well

Attached: That_Smell.jpg (1920x1080, 690K)

Religions are still forming. The anthropogenic global warming cult is one example. It's become the official religion of neo-Marxism.

Attached: atjatjatra.png (950x665, 760K)

They're called cults.

There have, though. Scientology and Mormonism most notably. You could also make the argument that the Social Justice craze or the current worship of scientific figures like Hawking reeks of religious fervor.

The most beautiful woman in my Uni was a Mormon. Not surprisingly she was married and off the market within a year of graduation.

Based

Is this bait? How can one person be this retarded?

>Why haven't there been any new religions since then?

There is about to be born an entire new religion... the cult of Artificial Intelligence.
People will have absolute faith in their AI gods to take care of and guide mankind to a bright future.

Attached: AI_God.png (800x420, 269K)