Is he supposed to be a good guy?

Is he supposed to be a good guy?

He's supposed to be a gay guy.

No. No one is a good guy in Code Geass. Didn't you see that they show the characters in mugshots in the OP?

Good and bad are subjective.

>No one is a good guy in Code Geass.
Lelouch had the right idea.

But it wasn't the correct one.

Wanting to fuck your sister may be a noble cause, but it does not make you a good guy.

Yes

He is an anti hero

Eh he legit tried to die for both his ideals and the fact he was a Fuck up in trusting his shitty black knights. Also he eventually fucks off to the middle east with his waifu so he stops Fucking things up, i'd argue he ended up the good guy at the end

Somewhat.

From my point of view, he's the hero.

He is perfect.

you want to say something specific about code geass character, they change sides more than socks

I feel like you're supposed to like him, but I kind of just hate his guts. Maybe because I'm not Nippon scum.

I'M AT THE SOUP STORE

He's supposed to be a dumbass with good intentions.

People don't like him simply because he is often opposed to Lulu to hinder his plans, but Suzaku is a positive character, though with some shadow. After Lulu kills Euphemia, Suzaku tries to do what he can, but between his anger, the resentment and his sense of defeat, he no longer believes in coexistence.

This desu

Nope, he's just delusional retard.

This is not funny

WRONG
It's hilarious!

>No one is a good guy in Code Geass
Half true.
Anyone who could be called a good guy ends up dead once they become really important to the plot.

I like how they draw butts in this show. Suzaku included.

No he is just some dude with a different ideology and a conflicted past

>ends justify the means lol
No. Having a sympathetic/relatable goal that you walk over piles of innocents' corpses to achieve does not make you good. All it means is that you- like every human alive- is not some moustache-twirling sadist out of a storybook.
'He's not a literal Dalek' should not satisfy anyone's moral standards. Everyone has sympathetic elements, but only because of the species they were born as and the common motivations they share with human readers. Similarities justify nothing, otherwise the criminal justice system wouldn't exist. We're still independent beings who make our own choices.

the MLK to Lelouch's Malcolm X

He's still at soup.

It's more of him being an extreme idealist.

Also, his character kinda comes out as "I didn't want to kill him, I was just ordered to do so." He thinks his justice as the objectively correct one and imposes it on other people.

Apparently good guys can survive totally on crayons and lighter fluid.

Pretty much this. He tried to paint himself as this noble idealist fighting for good when all he really did was backstab people to climb in rank and convince himself that he was fighting for good, so he ended up being a huge hypocrite most of the time.

You're not, actually.

The show is set up so you can understand Suzaku if you are a moralfag, but he's meant to be a stubborn obstacle with an unhealthy deathwish below his excuses.

listen. Code Geass was suposed to be a bit subversive with the tropes of mecha. In a typical mecha, suzaku is the standard mecha protagonist. AND THIS NEVER CHANGES throughout the whole of Code Geass. In code geass he "saves" the world from it's greatest "evil" making the world a better place. In a typical mecha, Lelouch would be the "best friend villain" who is the MC's main foe throughout the story, and in the end converts to the good guys side and dies for his sins, saving the world. Seriously. Think of Britania as the "good guy side" and imagine suzaku as the protagonist and the story plays out like a 100% typical mecha or shounen anime, with the 11s as some murderous band of terrorists out to destroy the peaceful rule of britania. Meanwhile the main villain is a demonic psychopath who can rob people of their free will just by looking at them.

Instead Code Geass turns this story structure on it's head by making the typical antagonist in a standard shounen mecha into a PROTAGONIST, and tells the story from his POV. Since it's Lulu's POV the area 11 terrorists are instead plucky underdog revolutionaries and patriots fighting against a racist and genocidal colonial superpower. They fight for peace and justice and all sorts other bullshit like that. Lelouche's power is portrayed morally grey, as lelouche struggles with the morality of the power and the weaknesses of the humans on his own side.

He's literally a japanese uncle tom.
Japan would had been freed much earlier if he didn't ruin Zero's plans every time.

Euphie was objectively a good person.

>Euphie was objectively a good person.
to stick a dick in, maybe.

The geass command should have been "suck off all the elevens"

Yes, he is one of the good guy in the show. People only hate him because he is on the opposite side of the anti-hero protagonist for most of the show and always fucks up his plans.