Would you still watch anime if all the girls had realistic personalities & behavior?

Would you still watch anime if all the girls had realistic personalities & behavior?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
exhentai.org/g/368536/807c217365/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you mean generic one-dimensional personalities like they already have?

>Would you still watch anime if it didn't allow you to escape from how shitty reality is?
What do you think?

Yes, if they're the villains.

/thread

I enjoyed Scum's Wish.

I would watch more. The fact a lot of character do not act like real people is jarring at times.

>Scum's Wish
>realistic
They were fucking soap opera characters.

MC will never have a girl who likes him then. Tons of characters will end up getting cucked and these bitches will always fuck up the plot over some retarded reason. Literally every chick will turn into Misa from death note.

Why just the girls? Why not the boys too? The answer is yes for me.

Instantly way more interesting than all the generic LN harem trash we have.

>Prime scapism medium
>Would you watch it if it were realistic?
Of course no

i would watch anime even if every girl was a mamba gyaru
with my dick out

>70% of all characters are exceptionally cruel and petty, have no purpose in life besides making others miserable in order to bolster their own ego

Fuck no. Anime is great because it shows us what we could be, not what we are.

>MC will never have a girl who likes them
This would only be the case if the MC was a realistic basement dweller and no a normal functioning human.
>Tons of characters would end up getting cucked
Not even anime is a romance. There are such things as stories who's focus is on things other than relationships. Even if it was a romance, your perception of how humans act is warped. What if the personalities are realistic in a non-western sense? Someone from Japan, America, India and Africa would all act realistically in their own way according to their culture. People are more than just chads, bimbos, and autists.

There is no media that portrays realistic personalities or behavior.
Even reality shows are heavily edited to create false drama

I don't think you realize how bad it really is. Go read the average western fantasy novel. Notice how they all shove romance into it and the story is like 90% about a whore trying to fuck a bunch of guys, with 10% of the actual plot about saving the world and beating the antagonist. They flooded the western market and now "western novel" is just another way of saying erotica fiction.

>normal functioning human
And then you lose like 90% of otaku audience that doesn't want to see a normal functioning human but a sperg who manages to get the girls.

>MC will never have a girl who likes him then. Tons of characters will end up getting cucked

What fantasy world do yo live in where that happens?

People cheat and they happens but not to EVERYONE.

The MC doesn't need to always get the girl but it would be nice if the MC and alot of people act like Normal Functioning Adults

So basically
>would you still watch anime if 90% of the girls weren't virgins and were sexually active as far back as middle school?

i want to see a pure en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism medium

Funny, the anime I'm watching right now is just that

Will we ever get a good disgaea anime?

normal functioning humans don't watch anime, user. If you go outside you'd notice this. The only exceptions are mainstream stuff like Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, etc.

I don't know but E.C.M.5 just came out not too long ago and I've damn near jerked myself into a coma to it.
I still haven't beaten Disgaea HoD yet and I really need to get back on that.

That's pretty hardcore

Of course not. What do you mean by this?

I'm thinking about replaying DIsgaea 1 and 2 on PC, just for an excuse to replay them.
Also, what's E.C.M.5? I too, have almost jerked myself into a coma over certain characters who are my wife.

>The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey, and more honey would be poured on the victim to attract insects, with special attention devocted to the eyes, ears, mouth, face, genitals, and anus.

That is some next level shit.

Good, anime that appeals to people who want a genuine story with real characters shouldn't be overshadowed by the garbage peddled to those wastrels. Nobody is completely hopeless, you just have to put the effort in.

This thread wasn't about what would sell to the otaku, but questionin weather (you would watch a series with realistic type characters. I pointed out that you have a narrow view of what kind of stories this scenario would consist of. Anime isn't just about getting the girls. You can have a story about soldiers trying to survive a war together having realistic personalities.
Why does this matter?

So you actually read western fantasy novels? lmao

It's not my fault you only read garbage books.

and LNs are the exact same trash minus the sex.

>The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within the victim's exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The individual would lie naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and his own feces.
Indeed it is some next level shit.

>anime that appeals to people who want a genuine story with real characters shouldn't be overshadowed by the garbage peddled to those wastrels
They are overshadowed because those wastrels are the ones who buy the most merch and BDs. Maybe if normal people would be more willing to spend money on chinese cartoons it would be different.

If only they made it easier to buy their shit in the west.

I would as long as they don't have that annoying as fuck idol personality.

>why does this matter

Because you need your MC to be someone that can relate to your consumers? Normalfags don't watch anime, so why have one be the MC?

>Elliot Rodger anime

hmm

No.

Because the question was about what I would watch and not what sells? And having a normalfag MC would be more interesting than seeing the same blank personality I always see in 70% of the shows I watch?

Dude, what rock have you been living under? Start here.
exhentai.org/g/368536/807c217365/
And then play Disgaea once you're done fapping.

No. I hate West shit. I don't want to see realistic stuff.

If re;zero had a realistic MC, he wouldn't save anyone. he would just fucking go hide in town and not help anyone and stick to himself and it just becomes a slice of life anime.

Most people have blank personalities with nothing interesting going on in their life (You). If you were the MC of an anime, then it'd just be about some faggot who goes on Sup Forums and watches anime all day. Sure is fun right? Blank or not, you're still boring to watch.

Thanks my dude. This will be a good weekend.

No, I don't hate realism but I like the unrealism in anime and in fiction in general.

And why does "realism" always mean selfish, mean, ugly, promiscuous, etc? How cynical can you be?

>And why does "realism" always mean selfish, mean, ugly, promiscuous, etc? How cynical can you be?

You're the only one who implied that. Really sets in the perspective doesn't it.

No. I watch anime to escape reality, not deal with its utterly disgusting bullshit

That appears to be what's implied. It really does make you think.

Honestly, yeah, i'd take it, because i've met some entertaining women in my life

A lot of them more entertaining than the typical animu character

Hope you're not judging these girls for the way they look user, that'd be cynical.

Whenever people say something about realistic characters what they mean is "everyone is a cunt".

Konosuba is about a scumbag neet, but he makes the most out of the opportunity that's been given to him.

pinku is a qt, blondie looks like an ayylmao

I would fuck the pink haired one

>tumblr
Out

>If re;zero had a realistic MC, he wouldn't save anyone.
When you say realistic, I feel like you are still thinking of one type of personality in mind while I'm thinking of the multitude of people I've spoken with and figures that have accomplished things. Let's say he was truly a basement dweller and didn't save anyone. Short story, right? Then let's say another person takes his place and tries it their way. They fuck up too but it would create different scenarios on what happens. Rinse and repeat and then you have a pretty cool isekai show where the MC changes out all the time. Because of how real they become, I might get attach to some and it hurts when I see them fail. Or next week we have a slut who tries to get out of situations by manipulation. Maybe after that we get some thug-like ape that tries to survive that kind of world. After that, a housewife. Then a senile old man. Sounds fun to me.

>Someone from
>Africa
>all act realistically in their own way according to their culture
So "Ooga booga! Wheeere da white wimminz are?!"
"We wuz kangz and shieeeet!"

That basically Death Parade.

But this main character is so good. We need more Chads in anime.

Girls don't have souls

What's your problem with it?

why does that bitch on the left have black eyes?

No. I already deal with shit tests, emotional manipulation, indecisiveness and fear of consequence from the women around me every day. I watch anime to look at imaginary women without those disgusting personality traits.

Sounds to me like you’re socially awkward and you think the problem is everybody around you instead of yourself.

Cool assertion, user, but that doesn't refute what I just said.

Thanks, Dr. Phil. Now diagnose your pitiful desire for live a "real" life through fanciful cartoons, probably because it's easier than actual engagement in the world.

>The fact a lot of character do not act like real people is jarring at times.
Because they're cartoon characters. It's hilarious you people are the epitome of manchildren but lack the self-awareness to see that. Anime doesn't need to change, you do.

True. Normal people don't care, just failed normalfags who want anime to grant them a safe "real life" from behind their computer screens.

Fuck no

>that feel when you just fail a girl's "test" and you can tell you did
Makes me understand a bit why people go on killing sprees.

The only reason it's the Otaku buying those is because they appeal to Otaku. Not the other way around

Ex Machina had realistic women.

The most popular harem show's MC looks like this. Take your poorly constructed strawman and go.

kill yourself

no problem. Almost all the series i follow have few women

And why do you think they appeal to otaku on the first place?

There's a reason why anime focuses on highschool or younger. There's a good chance some girls act all cutesy and shit for the guys they like, of course falling for a loser is out of the question but besides that it's almost believable.

Womens' true personalities come out once they can access a wider pool of men, i.e. college, work place, other institutions of adulthood

Who the fuck created women? they are awful

>one chance at life.
>born heterosexual

Just why? Why put me through this?

so this thread is all men?

Little girls

women don't even like women user. Haven't you met the girls who complain about other girls lul

Sclera tattoos. For when you want to look like a demon.

There are no women on Sup Forums. Maybe reddit or tumblr, but this place is as male dominated as it gets.

it's not too late to change.

>it's another "people think realism=good" episode