youtube.com/watch?v=IQJDxBnE0u8
youtube.com/watch?v=oO10kOni-Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=tWoFVxvjPU0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDcGVcuSr8
youtube.com/watch?v=JMjIQctoGVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And he gets angry

Sometimes.

What is the BEST rendition of the Lupin theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=IQJDxBnE0u8

But hes cool

Jigen didn't get one apparently.

>hundreds of episodes
>over a dozen movies and specials
>music out the ass
>Sup Forums can't keep a Lupin thread alive

Does that say more about Sup Forums or Lupin?

Say it's 1971 and shit. The 60s just ended, and TV animation still kinda sucks. Then this comes on:
youtube.com/watch?v=oO10kOni-Ws

youtube.com/watch?v=tWoFVxvjPU0

H E - U S E S - W A L T H E R

What do you want from the upcomming fifth season?

A white jacket.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDcGVcuSr8

I want Mamo to come back. I've been blueballed ever since the teaser at the end of the Jigen movie.

Is Green Jacket good? I wanna dive into it, but the Opening Music turn of off.

What does he do then?

He looks like a monkey, I just don't understand why Japanese would design a hero character like this.

It's great.
Starts off on a more serious note since Masaaki Ōsumi was the original director, and once Takahata & Miyazaki jump into the picture it's more light hearted and comedic, but it's a great ride despite the tonal shift.

Is this post ironic or have you never seen DB nigga?

I could do without having some weird over arching tie in plot that's weaker than the episodic episodes that were present in part 4.

more lupin outsmarting people and pulling bullshit heists
less plot

To be fair, every heist is episodic, and there's no overarching plot.

There are only five recurring characters, and they never age nor develop, aside from Goemon going from antagonist to ally decades ago.

By no means is that a bad thing, it's just there's really nothing to discuss until a new episode/movie just comes out

monkey punch

I'M A SUPER HERO
youtube.com/watch?v=JMjIQctoGVE

When will Zenigata get his own movie? Everyone else has one.

This opening is so good, the second one is just bad in comparison.

I never really liked it after it made the switch, and straight up gave up on Red Coat. I just like serious Lupin, so the new stuff has been great for me.

New stuff has been a great balance between serious and silly.

And it only had three episodes. What was wrong with people in the 70s?

THE MACHINE CRIES

BANG
A
N
G

Sometimes

>that final battle in Goemon's movie
>that sliced off chunk of flesh

Can this actually happen?

no
thered be no way to put that much force into an upward one handed sword blow to cut clean through an arm as thick as that, especially without modifying its trajectory whatsoever

katana can't slice a cessna clean in half length wise either.

ASHIIIIIIMOTO NIIII KARAMIIIIIITSUKU

Not really the katana part, I mean is it possible to cut something so quick that it comes back together like his arm does?

Nice man.

Yeah he smiles.

Really, probably not, but again, he literally cut a shooting star in half in the original series so it's really whatever.

If we assume that that's a normal-ish katana, you would at least impart enough energy into the severed arm that it wouldn't follow its same trajectory, there really isn't any way around that one unless we assume it's plothax levels of sharp to the point where it can cut with effectively zero resistance, which it is, and in that case it works fine.

tl;dr not in real life