Why aren't there more big ass fucking army/strategy animes?

Why aren't there more big ass fucking army/strategy animes?

Something like (the army part)
>Gates
>Code Geas
>this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bu-HPZPcaQE
youtu.be/iP2BySeDyXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Lmg0rfCFnTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unless you're into that sort of thing it's really boring to watch outside of making the viewer sem smart

It's also really hard to write. Remember a general or a strategist can only be as smart as the writer so you often get shit where enemies fall for really stupid traps

Kingdom

That show was shit.

See LotGH.

Semicircles man. Semicircles

Code Geass was a lot of things, but boring wasn't one of them.

Code Geass wasn't really about military strategy and more about pew pew

Because it's fucking boring shit for autistics

Kingdom is good.

>animes
Kill yourself.

generic MC is too OP and kills off hords with little to no character development

Aldermin of the Sky.

I know what you mean OP. Just a while ago I felt like watching some too after finishing Oda Nobuna. Check out Souten Kouro. It's exactly what you want. About Cao Cao's rise to power in China. Be warned that it doesn't finish his story, but you will enjoy it regardless.

Read Release the Witch

Muvluv, if you dont mind reading the VN.
Also Gundam 00 does this in multiple of it's character perspectives. Youjo Senki broaches on the subject as well.

This season have Shoukoku no Altair. But of course it don't have good production value, expect derpy Sipahi and Akinji. So, just read the manga and enjoy its cute bois

Nice rec thread.

>animes
Fuck off

Argevollen

RAVAGES OF TIME ANIME WHEN

Good taste, Lewdmila is top tier waifu, by the way.

nigga please

>Code Geas
So does this military/politic themed mango count?

I keep putting off reading this

Area 88 kind of fits the bill, the OVAs still hold up today but the TV series was meh at best. Manga never got a full translation but even without it Shintani's art is great and you can kind of follow the story. Also Kanzaki was a god-tier antagonist.

Then roland becomes DA CHOSEN ONE

Arslan Senki. Muh fujobaiting moslem persians rekt chirstfags.

>>Code Geas
BRUH

DANGER ZONE!
youtube.com/watch?v=bu-HPZPcaQE

Not Sup Forums but there was a hongkie isekai Sup Forums where a gamer chink gets isekai'd into ROTKs and learns about the NATURE OF BROTHERHOOD. Netflix when?

The show goes both ways, some of those strategies are so stupid even the show admits it and sees where it all goes. Seriously, did anyone frown at death star vs death star battle? Then there's the rest of Yang's strategies that don't involve semi circles, like the sun explosion propulsion juke - sure there's a hell of a lot of sci fi handwaving going on when he pulled it off, but fuck it, that was a witty tactic that came out of the blue

You might like Aldermin on the Sky. It's entertaining but also kinda shallow. Still worth watching overall imo: youtu.be/iP2BySeDyXQ

That was pretty well done

If you don't mind occasionally poor animation, Argevollen sounds like would be up your alley. Heavy Object also involves some strategy, though it's mostly just involving Anime Tulio and Miguel and their giant armored tank/waifu.

I dropped this after I found out that boy in the first episode was a trap. Is it worth a watch, besides that?

Speaking of kingdom i dint knew it was dubbed
youtube.com/watch?v=Lmg0rfCFnTo

You'll either want to start some time or live with never reading it at all. It's just gonna pile up higher and higher as you go and there's no fucking way you're remembering jack shit even if you binge it all on your first run of the story. Unless you're a super hardcore ROTK fag that is. But even those guys gotta look up Google maps and whatever to figure out the geography, for whatever retarded reason the author does not spoon feed jack shit.

How many important characters will I have to keep track of?

madan no ou to vanadis was a fanservice, no strategy, cgi mess with maybe one okay war scene. The fuck you on?

Uh that's a hard one man. Because important is basically a relative thing. You have the two main characters, who presumably will survive until the end of the series until their destined moment which we again, we assume is where the series will end. That's probably in 20 years or so if the author doesn't kick the bucket or start skipping shit so he can finish before his hands are crippled.

But basically, it all depends on how important the character is in history. You can have a character who lives for 4 arcs, but after that he's basically never talked about afterwards, but during those 4 arcs he's incredibly important. In fact, the author's favorite character is like that, think he lives for about the first 300-400 chapters maybe? And basically that's the prologue of the series. Well the prologue of the manhua anyways, since it already skips the real prologue of RoTK. Otherwise it'd take 30-50 years to finish.

everyone laughed at it but I thought the cg chess pieces were a good solution to a complete lack of budget

>I'm going to stand in one place and murder anything that gets within 1000 yards of me
Very strategic

not that user but the LN does describe the battles and strategies very decently you'd be surprised, the author knows when to have the girls flirt with Tigre and when to focus on warfare.

The whole Asvare arc and mudslime battles were very well executed, it kinda looses steam during the sea warfare and amnesia arc however those early arcs were the best, I'd say people should avoid the anime like a plague, it'll just ruin the whole thing if you're into senki and that kind of thing.

>it kinda looses steam during the sea warfare and amnesia arc however
That's only in terms of strategy and tactics, and that's because the former features a monster while the later has Tigre be clueless and not in a position to command. Those arcs are designed to show different parts of the Vanadis world, not just the battles between nobles. If you want strict warfare then there's no reason to read Vanadis over Ravages.

Any war series with fantasy/supernatural elements in a prominent way need arcs that show case them, or else people will just treat those elements as retarded shit like LotGH where the Terrarists can apparently ooga booga someone with space aids but at the same time need to act like niggers and try to mug someone 30 episodes later.

If you want a story that blends both fantasy and warfare in a ratio that favors warfare more, then Rakuin does it better than Vanadis because Gil/Roan's character isn't about destiny but rather how thanks to him being a fake of someone else, everyone (aka wizards) who tries to influence destiny and fate for their own purposes ends up getting cucked because Gil isn't who he appears to be. Rakuin keeps it far more grounded not only in the magic and shit, but the characters themselves.

Nah I'm fine with the ratio in Vanadis I didn't read it for strictly warfare or fanservice(Horobita mako no kuni) nor did I want a little too straightforward 王道戦記(like Arslan) hence why it clicked with me so much. The balance felt just right.
The issue I remember having with the amnesia arc is how unnatural that development felt so that Tigre could meet another Vanadis. I didn't straight out hate it but it kinda felt shoehorned in there so convoniently while other encounters at least pretended otherwise.
Did it add anything meaningful to the world? No the same arc could've been executed by other means but anyway I'm probably reaching here don't even remember it very well.
In conclusion I remember it kinda being the weird middle part of the story but then with melisande's uprising and further events the story got back its momentum.

Adding to this the naval warfare was definitely a mistake. You could see the author wasn't too informed on that subject or at least there was something wrong with the execution compared to its land battle counterparts. I understand it was mainly about the encounter with the demon but that battle was an important cornerstone for that whole event.

Outside of historical based manga, most mangaka/authors don't know enough about military lifestyle and strategy to even consider it. And I am in the military currently and it can get fairly complex to get into the mind set of a competent strategist, especially if your setting is gonna be more fantasy based.

>is how unnatural that development felt so that Tigre could meet another Vanadis.
You do realize Tigre is a chosen one right? Like there's literally nothing remotely ordinary about him other than his father deliberately choosing to govern a country side region and therefore Tigre grew up as a hick. Everything about him screams of a prophetic hero.

It's because the author centered too much of it around the demon. With the demon, the pirates basically are on their own to coordinate and plan while still having to obey the demon's commands and plans, which is all sorts of fucked up. Imagine a realistic war where a commander in chief doesn't even care about his forces dying or what not and just wants to use his entire army as cannon fodder so he can see a slaughter fest of both sides cause he's apparently invincible and gives no fucks. Such a scenario would naturally lead to a very awkward and disastrous flow of the battle. With the Vanadis' side, they have to keep in mind that the demon may be trying something, but unlike the demon they do not have the lee way to sacrifice their men like that all shits and giggles, yet they themselves cannot take too much command because not only must they reserve themselves and the flagship they are on to prepare for the demon, but also remember that Sasha aside, Liz is a relatively new Vanadis and to begin with Vanadis terms are not very long and therefore it is unreasonable for them to be naval warfare geniuses just because they have gone to sea battles before. These are ultimately young girls who rely more on their own special powers to wage war in a way akin to Dynasty Warriors instead of using strategic brilliance because the DW way is simply far more efficient and effective with their abilities. Lo and behold, when a fucking demon comes along, their battle style is literally garbage.

It makes sense it's awkward, because it's meant to be out of their element.

That is obvious and the story keeps hinting at it even with various legends explained early in the story. I don't have any issue with that.
The amnesia execution was just not to my liking due to how cheap it felt like the author forgot to put any effort during that section and just went 'to hell with it I'll go with this'. It's not about being believable or unbelievable or muh realism or that kind of bullshit its about the author making a proper arc which didn't rely on Tigre turning into a blank state to earn her trust and showcase her country, I didn't dislike how it went down with Valentina later on or any other Vanadis for that matter. Just that particular arc doesn't sit well with me due to the laziness of the author.

About the naval warfare, Now that you mention it seems very plausible when I remember Torbalan. An incredibly reckless simple assault which made the descriptions feel simple and bland compared to before. Guess he wanted to fully focus on Sasha's battle. But then again would be nice to focus and have some twists and even more details with the naval battle since this is a senki series first and foremost.

And what I want to say by the last bit is that the author also had a good balance between pure army battles and 'duel' type engagements. For example during the muozinel arc there was sufficient army battle bits and the engagement vs the gold eating frogman didn't disappoint either.

How about Youjo Senki? it is iseaki. but it doesnt bother with the virgin+harem bullshit and focuses more on the big war.

>its about the author making a proper arc which didn't rely on Tigre turning into a blank state to earn her trust and showcase her country
Ah I getcha, Vanadis had been pretty good at keeping clear from the generic plot developments even if there's cliches up the ass.
Personally I didn't mind it cause I enjoy seeing how an MC deals with the aftermath of regaining their memories, but everyone's mileage is different on that and it is in a sense very lazy since it's basically a reset on what happened in the first volume so to speak, with Tigre being unknown again and earning the affections of a Vanadis. But repetition for a story arc for parallel purposes is once again, a cliche which is why I never felt it was too lazy. It just felt like the author made Vanadis to be a typical hero's journey, so the 'reset' so to speak is one of those crossing points where he's supposed to fall down from his success before reviving from the ashes like a phoenix. Of course in modern books like Vanadis, this cliche happens more than once.

I'd like to mention that if it was Drek then he would have dealt with the naval battle a lot better presumably since he's a smart guy, same with Ganalon. Also don't forget that none of these demons no matter how long lived, ever had any real need to study naval warfare. I mean they don't even die when they sink in the ocean anyways, nothing threatens their lives. It'd be like the average civilian learning how to kill ants crows and seagulls with extreme efficiency. It just doesn't make any sense ya know?

Muozinel is an enemy purely made up of non fantasy elements, it allows them to share spotlight with the demons. If the author made frogmade try to assassinate Tigre and Lewdmila in the middle of the battle because he was working as partners with redbeard, you wouldn't be saying the same thing because the battle flow would be completely different albeit better than naval battle.

Youjo Senki had these too, including actual military strategies.

Too ambitious.

There are, watch more anime instead of making rec threads here.

>Ah I getcha, Vanadis had been pretty good at keeping clear from the generic plot developments even if there's cliches up the ass
Right? Did feel that way more or less. While there were cliches left and right the overused memory loss shenanigans is probably what I can't digest(that 'Tigre's bow sucks in Viralt's power and gattai! defeat an invincible demon special! Seems to continue being applied constantly but I don't mind that, no way)
Your point is spot on by the way about the reset, maybe I was a little harsh saying it was lazy since the arc was a proper one after the event but I also remember how at that time I was reading something else not a senki series and it happened there too or rather happens frequently in LNs and in general media so it was pretty irking.

>Also don't forget that none of these demons no matter how long lived, ever had any real need to study naval warfare.
Drek and Ganalon, and even Babayaga would've fared better there indeed. Drek and Ganelon especially since they lived among the humans, know their technology, how they evolved, heck they were probably even involved in the process weather it was voluntarily or not.
Torbalan on the other hand indeed didn't seem that type and from how he lived.
>you wouldn't be saying the same thing because the battle flow would be completely different
Correct, they were separated beforehand or rather the clearly supernatural or 'too supernatural' elements were distanced from the non fantasy elements but I don't mind them completely breaking the barrier either that's where the story had been advancing all along.

I'm surprised I can even discuss Madan with somebody here user. Probably me, you and like 10 people have read the LN.

Unironically Shingeki no Kyojin (manga)

Kingdom

I dunno, Vanadis did have it's moments on Sup Forums back when the anime was airing. For all the complaints about it, I felt the art style was a 100% upgrade over the LN and that really helps because whenever I read the LN I don't fucking visualize things in my head using the LN art. I can't even imagine enjoying Vanadis as much as I do if I had to do that. It's not really about a lack of imagination but rather these days everyone wants to see what the author's image is rather than their own made up one. Of course the opposite can apply too, where with WNs that lack images, once the imagination has a certain image, unless the anime/etc is has really nice aesthetics people usually prefer their own (I'm like that with Lax Demon Girl). But with LN, they always give you art to begin with, so if you don't like it, it's gonna get in the way since you know your imagination isn't canon in any fashion. Therefore the anime provides kind of a compromise, since it's basically canon, but just different.

It'd be different if Vanadis came out back when Zero no Tsukaima was around, but even that series benefited heavily from the anime art style over it's LN version, yet more importantly ZnT had time to cement itself among that era whereas with Vanadis it was a bit too late to the party.

It's not bad but the canon fodder rarely get anything done by themselves through strategy. It's usually one or two named characters that end up carrying the nameless meat shields thanks to how their enemies are, and the 3DM gear which was possibly one of the most popular elements of the series is basically glossed over just like Chakra was in Naruto (again another series where the element with most potential for exposition and usage is hand waved in favor of X-Men snowflake story telling). Basically while the story acts like there's a lot of military, in the end the fodder are no different than health point buffs for the named characters.

who won the tigreb owl anyway?

If they animate the Three kingdom Period properly I would be all over it.

He married Regin while dicking the others.

There were Kingdom, Arslan and Altair. And honestly, while Kingdom manga is enjoyable in its storytelling and visual routine, Arslan manga is really fun and Altair is my favourite out of those three, recent anime adaptations of those three are horrendous.

Saying Army/Strategy but then having characters that are single-person armies by themselves is a really good way to show that you don't really appreciate strategy or smart army tactics.

Ouki was a fucking god and he went down like one

Those are not mutually exclusive. Even The Ravages of Time has this, and it is by far the most complex piece of fiction regarding warfare. No one whose actually read it would disagree given how detailed it expounds upon the original novel which is a classic in it's own right.

HYOUGE MONO

Because Kingdom and Altair didn't sell.

These talk regarding Vanadis is good, thought this will be another passing one. It would be nice if there is some map of sort in Vanadis that will show the current battle situations, but if I remember it right, there is only one spread of map per volume, showing the setting and the battle situation.

Something like pic related. I hope there is a translation of volume 4 onwards of Ochitekita Nago to Majo no Kuni, even if its quite high on fanservice, I just want to read another Senki novel since I've already read Altina up to the latest translated volume.

Watch some Gundam shows

Forgot pic.

Even RoTK with Zhuge Liang being one of the most brilliant strategists in chinese history, his strategies more or less is to trap people in canyons and to burn them with fire and rocks drops.

Naruto Shippuden War arc

t. Sima Yi

Band of Brothers anime when? I want full warfare about tactics and strategies. No magic bullshit, no overpowered fucks, or deus ex crap that is always scene in most animes.

I dunno if they qualify as Senki, but I've had fun with Tales of the Reincarnated Lord and The Amber Sword. Both have their issues naturally but I like them for their strengths, haven't really found any novels that have similar strengths other than maybe Overlord for TAS, but that's only in regards to how nerdy and detailed both novels are about their world building. Unfortunately since both those series are chink, I only found a grand total of one map illustration so it's rather hard to keep up with that shit but then again chinks seem to hate spoon feeding as proven in how Kingdom has a bajillion overhead map view pages while Ravages has none.

You're only looking at the end result. A strategy usually is more about the entire process that leads up to the final trap card so to speak and how to make the enemy fall for it, not just that last piece itself. Just like how at Red Cliff there were many variables like having Huang Gai defect and having Pang Tong infiltrate and earn trust into lowering Cao Cao's guard, most of the stratagems that are widely famous are merely just that cherry on top of the whole cake.

>animes
Kill yourself. Mods please delete threads started by obvious newshits
>animes
You too

What's wrong user-kun? What's wrong with discussing animes? Isn't the point of Sup Forums to discuss animes? I know! Why don't you talk about some of your favorite animes! ^_&

>crtl+f
>not a single Gunka no Baltzar mention
c'mon anons

When will he unite the germanic people under one flag?

Gotta say I really enjoyed that show the last few episodes were a blast to watch

I couldn't watch the MC's best friend get NTR'd by the MC and the main girl. I just can't deal with that shit.