Which one is a worse adaptation?

Which one is a worse adaptation?
Fate/Deen night or Dies Irae?

For now its Fate/Deen but i can't be sure since DI still hasn't finished. It should be better as Deen as long as they don't fuck up the chants and the final space battle.

Imagine if it turns into a mecha battle like in the opening.

Is the thing on the right Metal Gear: FOXHOUND the anime?

People look back fondly of DEEN Fate as while it was bad it was memorable and the introduction to many to F/SN

Deen's fate actually had some good things about it (like the OST). DI's anime is just bad all around. If I hadn't read the VN I'd probably drop the shit out of it. Can't say the same for Deen/stay night since

Is there anything I should know if I want to read Dies irae? Is the steam version censored and is it the definitive version?

Dies irae is worse. At least you can follow what is actually happening in the DEEN anime.

Steam version is the definitive version, H scenes are going to be added soon (TM).
Play the routes in the order of Kasumi > Kei > Marie > Rea.

deen

None of them.

It's Deen's Umineko.

*Whoever’s Tsukihime

DEEN/Stay Night served as the introduction to the work for the majority of the people in the west. While the VN was, of course, infinitely superior, enough of its merits shone through for people to enjoy it.

Dies Irae, on the other hand, is a mess so far. There are a few reasons for this. Part of this is how the story is structured. The details necessary to understand the story in its entirety are spread across four different routes, and (unlike FSN, which used the same principle but executed it better) none of the routes really works well as a standalone. Marie's route comes the closest, but, even then, Marie's route only focuses on a couple of characters. You learn a lot about Marie, Reinhard, Mercurius, Schreiber, but basically no one else.

Another somewhat related problem is that you only find out that some the characters in the VN are interesting after the fact. Take Ren, for instance. When you first pick up the story, he comes off as a boring character who has a strange fixation on stagnation that very obviously gives away what his superpower is going to be. It's not until you read through all four routes and see how Mercurius actually made him and what his original was like that he becomes pretty good.

The last problem is actually that the story actually needs more narrative/exposition. People always dump on Nasu for using too many infodumps/autistically detailed explanations of how a rule or system works, but doing it that way is preferable to just making everything implicit and expecting the viewer to understand. Look at what happened with Marie this episode. Anyone who has read the VN knows why she started to experience a personality shift as of this episode, and anyone who is an astute anime-only can at least guess the reasons. The majority of viewers, however, are just going to see it and not understand the significance or think that it's coming out of nowhere.

DI but it doesn't really have standalone routes and is really fucking long and also had a crowdfunding budget so it's to be expected.

Are you serious? Dies Irae's is comparable to Tsukihime's. DEEN/stay night was at least enjoyable as a standalone if you hadn't read the VN.

I agree, I can only follow the anime because I have read the VN so I know what these characters' deal is.
I pity any anime-only watchers because they must not have any fucking clue what is going on.

My wife

Then at least post the right image.

she is an elderly woman

Reinhard’s character is only really established in Rea route. For the other 3 routes he’s just a fucking wall

A very charismatic wall

A big, beautiful wall.

Demonbane

>Trifa is barely visible and stand the closest to the lion
heh

I liked Ren from the start and I appreciate Masada not treating his readers like morons.
Also the problem with DI routes is that Marie's was written first and the other routes had to be written around that.
It's actually a miracle it ended up being as good as it was despite the production clusterfuck.