ITT: Shows where the dub is equally as good if not better than the original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCyo4geEu-0
youtube.com/watch?v=U-sd4mKcOXM
youtube.com/watch?v=QickU67A8j4
webm.land/media/EWfA.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you first OP.

A dub can never be "equally as good or better" than the original because they weren't directed by the people who make the media themselves.

i like lain and eva as well.

SUPERSIZE ME

This would like to have a few words with you

This.

This is why japanese dubs over english cartoons are almost always crap. Avatar for example.

Dandy Dub > Spacey Sub

One punch man

shame they only dubbed 120 episodes. i kinda liked it

Ian Sinclair is great

Spanish dub was great.

this

This does not follow.

I don't believe you.

Literally the pinnacle of disgusting Sup Forumsermin toonamifags. blum and freeman are a plague.

>But muh mediocre director sez his voice good so must me good yes?
He's a westaboo shitter and didn't want to say anything bad about it being popular in the west. he would have give the ok to anyone

>dub
>good

If only they hired trained actors instead of the first bum sleeping on the streets in front of the dub agency.

English dub is great, but Russian dub is borderline godlike.

>Inferior teenager subfag who still doesn't understand the superiority of a good dub
Go back to your facebook meme groups.

Who would ever watch Haruhi without the original God Knows? Nobody, right? This is all some sort of elaborate April Fool's Day prank, right? It's just late because it took so much time to think up. Right?

Only anime I watched dub in english was baccano and it's pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=YCyo4geEu-0
We have that covered too.

InuYasha was probably the closest they came to a proper dub.

>good VAs
>all the original OSTs and OPs / EDs
>no stupid censorship or changing shit because of regional differences (as far as I can remember, could be wrong about some stuff)
>ESPECIALLY not changing the fucking names like making Kagome Kathy or some shit

I watched the full English dub and honestly have no desire to watch the sub because it's because the same thing but with nip voices. Usopp's VA as InuYasha is cool to hear but other than that you get the same experience either way, really. It's pretty amazing how closely they were able to get all the voices to the original sound. Excellent dub.

Seto no Hanayome

Dis nigga does.

All DBs

commie cocksucker

GET UP FREDDIE YOU'RE SITTING AT MY DESK

only good dub i've seen was ghost stories

maybe not better, but the guy who dubbed harima did an amazing job

Dubfags should be banned on sight, then gassed.

My nigga, I was just about to post this. I say it's equal to the original, if not, better for certain characters (e.g. Harima and Eri). Virtually the only show where I'm content with switching between two versions mid-episode because they're both that enjoyable.

>some dub better than fucking hirano and sugita together
Might as well hang yourself with that irredeemable shit taste.

One of the few dubs that fits since everyone is supposed to be speaking english most of the time

Stop saying this you fucking Toonami shitters, the performances are objectively bad, every one of them comes across as flat and unemotional.

That's a weak rationalization and you know it, the voice acting is unconvincing and boring, no amount of """authenticity""" gets around that.

I'd rather have a performance that feels alive and exciting than one that is the correct language/accent but is anything but lively.
Dubfags should be hanged in public, goddamn.

>Caring so much about a grammar error on Sup Forums that you do this

No one ever mentions Speed Grapher. Not just the voice acting but the script of the dub is far superior. They even did things like adding special sound effects to certain scenes.

The script in particular is where the dub shines in my view, the voice acting is about equal. Everyone really hams it up.

Dub haters should have their teeth stomped on the curb.

Spice and Wolf in russian is superb. They even did a perfect job on the opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=U-sd4mKcOXM

That's kind of cheating though.

Any type of dubbing in any medium are always trash. Yet it is only in anime were people honestly recommend shows dubbed, probably because that's the only foreign thing a large enough number of ameritards actually care too consume.
I can't see it as anything but laziness, they simply can't be bothered to read a small text that isn't even intrusive. So they decide to change and ruin the material too suite their liking and then herald it as equal or greater than the original.Just so they won't feel bad about acting like children.
This also go for the people always recommending Italian, Russian, or Spanish dubs. They are all the same, and you are just as retared as the English dubfags.
Side note every example here are garbage it's like you are all deaf.

Dandy, baby

Lessee...
Gunsmith Cats
Hellsing
Ghost Hunt
Ghost Stories (already mentioned)
Kare Kano (on par)
Pani Poni Dash (on par)
Zoids
Jormungand
He's not wrong, though. Samurai Pizza Cats was the same thing, and amazing.

Fuck ya Speed Graphers dub is great, Sabat is perfect for the noir type feeling and dialogue.

lets go beyond the obvious ones that always get posted in these threads. While the sub had much more consistency in performance quality, the dub had many extreme standout performances that push it beyond the dub, despite some performances from minor characters being quite sub-par

>no one said FMA yet

I have only ever watched FMA dubbed and it was fantastic.

Only anime where I actually prefer the dub.

I can't stand Eds Japanese voice after growing up with Vic Migaybags voice. The only dub I've watched since I started torrenting was Brotherhood.

You realize that a cartoon can ONLY be dubbed? dub vs sub is a flawed question, show me a living talking anime character and I'll take it seriously.

Jap - voice actors
Eng - voice actors
Flemish - voice actors

I don't know, I have never watched a dubbed anime and never plan to. Do you watch dubbed films too?

Code Gayass. And that's all, I guess.

American dub > weeb dub

Literally one of the first anime I downloaded by a group called your mum as it aired. Never watched the dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=QickU67A8j4

Animax dub>>>>>>>weeb dub>>>>>>>american dub

Panty and Stocking dub is objectively better than the original, but it was basically a western cartoon anyway so I don't know if it counts

>kare kano dub
>on par
This is how I know you have shit taste. The line readings are monotone beyond belief.

>watching dubs
Stop that.

Reigan is godtier in the dub

From the view of what a dub is actually supposed to be, Ghost Stories is one of the worst, but it's definitely one of the only dubs worth even trying.

I've yet to watch it dubbed though I've seen clips and it's pretty good.

Autism

It's literally a different show and you should watch both.

It's a recent one, but sue me, the dub for Academia ain't half bad.

Honestly, All Might is much better English dubbed than suibbed, and Justin Briner, for a newcomer on the scene, does a pretty good Izuku

Only meme dubs matter because they're meant to be shit, unlike real dubs that are just shit.

It hard to make characters vulgar when the Japanese language doesn't really have any swear words
PSG is a case of Engrish vs English

Dubs?

A dub will never be better than the original. However, it's not being compared to the original. It's being compared to the sub. A dub can be better than a sub.

Only worth it for 'FAGGOTS' and delayed voice gag

The Yakuza arc is worth watching in English, but that's it.

>baccano
It's hands down better in English.

More like who would watch it without Sugita.

This is the most retarded thing I 've read in a while. Bad voices are bad voices and that has nothing to do with the viewer's reading skills or the quality of the script.

The humming scene was completely butchered in the dub. Nobody is in tune or sync and they only hum the first half of the melody. The original sounds like the massive choir it shoud sound, which isn't a surprise since elevens record anime with everyone present in the booth (unless they have conflicting schedules).
The dub also0 had terrible voice variety, everyone sounded like generic gruts instead of having voice suited to their personality. Also, no Wakamoto.

And to clarify the "bad voices" bit in , Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite has only an English voice track and when Venom's traiiler was released, everyone was complaining about his voice, saying he sounded way too thin and raspy for Venom's muscular body.
English voice productions just don't have the ridiculous pool of actors that Japanese industry has, so having a fitting voice for any kind of character is not possible for them, especially since they like recycling their trusted actors.

Only time dubs bother me is when they ruin scenes that actually ARE using engrish. Live tv shows have long used little language switch tricks, that convey to the viewer the person is really speaking their native language, but they'll talk in English for convenience. Anime dubs should just briefly switch to the original audio in scenes where it won't work, and not insult the viewer. They leave OP songs untouched, so they should just step a bit further into a kind of hybrid dub.

Example of a dub ruined scene...

webm.land/media/EWfA.webm

Maryke Hendrikse nailed Revy's voice though. Generally speaking English dub is top notch in Black lagoon. It feels way more natural than the Japanese one too.

Don't worry, I got you

Pretty much only shows that have primarily a western cast in a western setting.

No dub is better than the original unless the director made it with English in mind and had their staff oversee it like for example Souls/Bloodborne games. Even when Bloodborne had a JAP dub they still released launch trailers with ENG and JP subs. It helps when they don't use the shitter inferior bottom of the barrel American voice actors and used actual British theatre actors.

I don't know any anime that does this and if any directors or creators say the dub is good they're just being nice do you expect them to say it's bad after being asked a question? No

Here's a complete list

Cutie Honey 90s OVA had Go Nagai supervise the English voice cast

>implying the VAs are untrained and at fault when it's casting and direction that are the true fucking meme

Trigun
FMA
Anything by Watanabe
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!

>Maryke Hendrikse nailed Revy's voice though
I can't disagree more.

They're both responsible.

You mean shows where Russian dub is better than any other version

jesus fuck the Rikka is horrible
she sounds like an university feminist who masturbates to steven universe

Mushishi

I tried watching angel beats subbed and couldnt get into it. When I watched the dubbed it was like the heavenly gates opened up to me