Trolling the audience

What's the biggest (intentional) troll by a creator in the history of anime and manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That one time the guy didn't get the girl despite all the teases.

Juuni Taisen.
The entire series is just simply trolling the audience.

It still cracks me up.

Your webm
Narutaru OP
Haganai ending

Haruhi season 2, no question about it.

>Hide season 2 inside a rerun of season 1 without telling anyone
>After the surprise gets everyone hyped up, air the same episode EIGHT WEEKS IN A ROW, and animate and voice act it from scratch every time even though it's the exact same events over and over
>Cap the season off with a whole episode of hidden cam in a room where nothing happens

I doubt it will ever be topped, no one will ever let a director get away with this level of bullshit again.

The ultimate plebeian filter

The ultimate shit-eater.

I'm waiting some ultimate ruse to end Gintama

Another pleb filtered. Amazing how it is still effective after all these years.

P&S ending

Endless 8

Slicing Simian

ga-rei: zero. Almost all of the characters introduced in the first episode died before the end of the first episode

Samurai Flamenco, the whole show

Full Moon wo Sagashite. The whole plot revolves around a girl becoming a pop idol so that she could find the boy she had a crush on when they were kids, and she finally tracks him down ~40 episodes later, but it turns out he was dead long before the first episode.

Classroom of The Elite, for tricking me into thinking that their might be more to it than selling LNs.

What the fuck where they even trying to do?
Has anyone ever read any interviews/background stuff with the writers or director of SamFlam that explains why they made it that way?!

It really was something unique. In hindsight, I'm glad I was able to experience it.

let me quote an ancient chinese scholar: no why

Time paradogs.

>Shitty LN for retarded middle school kids
If that was your idea of a troll, then you're probably too young to post here.

Can somebody explain to me why they feel trolled when they trade a small part of their time for a memorable experience?

The times when Kyoani could pull that shit. Now all we have is yuribaiting.

The whole "kubo is such a troll" meme is so stupid.
He's not a troll, he's not smart or doing things on purpose.
He's incompetent and a terrible writer.

Can someone spoil me about katanagatari?
I wasn't there when it aired and I have no idea why this web is posted so often.

Sorry, what's trolling about your webm? Seems like a very well animated fight.

What if they weren't trolling. Rather the authors actually thought it was ok?

Holy shit the absolute mad man I'm actually sad this was before my time

Just watch the show. You'll find out.

I kinda don't want to spoil it but
It's in a preview for the next episode, then the next episode was about entirely different characters instead. Episode finishes cutting back to the main characters talking about how amazing the fight they had offscreen was.

Ok, that really sucks.
Did they give an explanation or was it really just trolling?

It was just trolling. In exchange, you got an episode more interesting than yet another fight scene.

Someone told me that that was basically what happened in the light novel it's based on
Either way the episode we got was actually good so it didn't really matter

What's important is messing with people who skip the ED and preview for the next episode since they see the webm and think they missed an episode or a special or something

Probably not the biggest but this one is close.

How do you "troll" when you've already made your audience lose any and all emotional investment in your work? An emotional response is kind of the point.

I don't know but that scene caused a lot of butthurt both here, in Japan, and elsewhere when it happened.

Why the hell would someone skip EDs?

Do you even need to ask?

Getting "trolled" by Seo is like getting "trolled" by Okada. If you read or watch absolute fucking garbage written by someone who has no ability to write drama, then you should expect shitty melodrama and contrived plot developments.

see

>Gainaxfags
>TTGL and FLCL
I hate Imaishifags. They're the worst thing that happens to this board.

>Panty and Stocking
>not this

There are barbarians and savages in this world, user, and though they may try to walk among us there are ways to catch them out. Skipping EDs is almost like a shibboleth, if you will, to separate us from them.

The fact that this ever was approved still baffles me to this day. Of course the general reaction was pretty much as bad as everyone could have predicted.

>24 Dec 2010

Never forget the butthurt that was experienced that day.

>memorable
More like major disappointments.

Oh yeah.
How was the anime?
She wasn't trucked there, right?

This. And they were all likeable too.

>Pros
>Season 2 confirmed
Heh.

are ragecomics making a comeback

>those four fucking filler seasons of naruto
i pretty much realized i wasted a fuckload of time by the time i started on shippuden

It's a deconstruction, reconstruction, and anaylysis of the most popular hero forms of superhero media in Japan. It's all about MC's desire to become a hero, so he goes sequentially up through different iterations of hero stories; wannabe hero vigilante, real monster-of-the-week superhero, henshin team-type heroes, American superheroes fighting big threats, and (almost) finally, going against an alien threat to save the earth. All of it was born from a wish granted by god to allow him to become a hero, and reexamine what a hero needs to be. Ultimately he realises that a hero doesn't and shouldn't need villains to validate its own existence, and accepts returning the universe back to its "natural" state without the supernatural monsters or any of that other wierd shit, because he can be a "hero" without all of that, just doing little things here and there such as stopping litter-ers and other petty criminals.
The final arc is the realisation of his decisions and character capstones, testing him to save life of one boy who is acting simultaneously as the villain in this arc, as well as save his BFF fuckboy, copbro. None of the artificially created monsters or anything, yet the final arc features the most interpersonal stakes and drama in the story yet, and really results in the largest test of MC's heroism, but all in the mundane real world that he decided was best for everyone.
That's why SamFlam is secretly brilliant.

>That's why SamFlam is secretly brilliant.
Ho there, friendo, you seem to have added an unnecessary word there, just before the end!

SamFlam is such a great pleb filter.

Remember that without the animation team initiative it was supposed to be even worse. The commitee just wanted the same episode literally aired 8 times.

You have awakened a deep seated anger I have long forgotten

You're right, it's not a secret, most anons were just unwilling to keep up and try to understand what the show was about after Chomping Chimpanzee spooked them.

Nothing will top this level of trolling.

>Anons are awaiting the announcement of s2.
>Anticipation over the top.
>It is rerun of s1.
>Sup Forums is engulfed in constant rage and despair.
>Lol wait there IS a season 2.
>Happiness and hype all around.
>Endless 8 starts
>They are not going to air this 8 episodes straight right?
>The absolute madmen did it. 2 months worth of shitposting.

Yeah, nothing.

1 The whole second season of Code Geass.
2 Sidonia ending, so dumb that it actually felt like one of the joke omake.
3 Your webm.

This, perfectly summed it up.

>ctrl-f lesbians with swords
> No result

It dunno why but it seems nobody has seen the trailers and the first episode of Ga Rei Zero.

>Sidonia ending
I see nothing wrong with it.

The dub of Maid Dragon

>Hey Yagi-chan
>What if we found some dumb kid, then spent 25 years of serialization teaching him to box wrong
>Wouldn't that be a great joke

>Expecting anything at all from SJWeebs
You're to blame.

Does the ending of Zetsubou Sensei count? It isn't really a troll since you weren't tricked, you just never noticed the signs were always there.

of course it does.

I just found it funny that the dub directly disregarded it's main target audience

>Mushishi
>normalfags
Oh how times have changed since then.

Unfortunately, other audiences exist user

>Maid dragon
>dub
What are you doing here?

>troll by a creator
Do you know how to read? Fuck off.

This entire show was just one big long elaborate troll

How was this a troll? Best girl won.

>Narutaru OP

Maybe not entirely representative of what follows, no.

I don't understand this.

>last episode of the show reveals that the entire love story was bullshit and that the main girl is actually a crazy person
>then she dies
>MC then goes on a killing rampage and kills literally everyone EXCEPT for the person who ordered the main girl killed
>then they walk off into the sunset

This wasn't a troll, it was just a big kick in the dick.

How would that have been worse?

It made everyone talk about their show though
It was actually a pretty brilliant move

Endless 8 forever

I didn't feel trolled, I felt like the plot might actually be going somewhere. If Nisio kept going in this direction I probably wouldn't have dropped Medaka Box.

I vividly remember a friend of mine who was super into the show at the time, on week 3 being like "well I'm sure they'll wrap it up next week so they have enough time to adapt the next book in S2 as well."

And me not being stupid, saying "But friend, they'll probably do it eight times for the joke."

"KyoAni would never do that" he said.

youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

worst of all there are still people on Sup Forums who defend chronological order

>EXCEPT for the person who ordered the main girl killed
Sounds like somebody didn't actually pay attention to the show.

Emonzaemon went behind Hitei's back and reported everything directly to the government brass and they ordered the execution. Hitei explicitly says she didn't want the rivalry to end that way.

"It's a healing story." And he even left the VA's in the dark.

It is a healing story you goof.

in what way

>left the VAs in the dark
I thought it was just Ume Aoki.

Every single week there was someone who said it'd last 8 weeks and every time noone believed him till about the 6th week. After 6 weeks the threads were glorius as everyone was resigned to it being going on and on.

Those images are from the time when the things happened. Also trollface has nothing to do with ragecomics.