Go-Toubun no Hanayome

Manga volume 1, chapter 12.

Today, we chill.

From last time editing is complete.

Thank you based user.

You're welcome, user.
I'll try to be faster next time, this was the first time but I learned a couple things that should speed things up for next chapter, if nobody else releases it faster, that is.

Looks like the archive is still down though? I hope TL user is lurking, so he can see it's ready. I'm available for chapter 13 if anons like the quality of this one.

>eyes hidden as they talk about splitting what they love into 5 equal parts
>Yotsuba with that grin
He's dead.

About this page, I forgot to mention I replaced TL user's suggestion with "thank you" since it literally says that and 2 plages behind she also says "I haven't thanked you yet" so it should be right.

With this, I'm also going to rest, oyasumi.

Oh lord the difference a decent TL can make, thanks user

God this definetly an improvement. Good job user

This chapter was super comfy. Thanks user!

This is some kind of foreshadowing, I'm just not sure for what

Thank you!
They both like the guy now.

>They both like the guy now.
>Ichika
>liking Fuutarou
What

What program are you using? The text in the first two bubbles look weird

pan3: drawn -> drew

pan1 and pan5, forgot about punctuation

pan3 bub1, same as above

TL user should give better advice that me, but it (editing) looks good in general

>implying it's not gonna be a sixsome everyday with the sisters

Fuutarou's probably gonna die from fatigue

That's a strong niceboat flag

Thanks user.
Will you plan to redo the previous chapter?

*you've probably drawn it out of her.
*you've drawn a
* seeing the fireworks
*but I didn't tell you guys where we'd be watching from so I'm also partly to blame.
*the fireworks
*little longer

>it was actually readable for once

*they're mad, aren't they...

Thanks. This is obviously a landslide better than the previous machine translation, but it still feels kinda stiff? Can't quite put my finger on it.

TLhere

Yeah, it does feel a little stiff in a few places. There are better ways to phrase some things. Maybe I used too many complete sentences.

All of these so far are good suggestions. No meaning has been lost.

Are the old chapters worth redoing?

Only if we had actual manpower to redo them like a proper group with staffers to spare.
you can consider it once you've caught up.

I agree. TL said he was busy until the end of the semester, PR/TLC can be done here, and editing is easy job (albeit time-consuming), so let's see how it goes. It all depends on TL and editors.

I think the translation is okay but you need an editor.

*somewhere
Maybe "didn't you" could be left out in this sentence. It makes it sound more aggressive, but I think it fits.

>ywn rest on Ichika's lap
I don't get it, why does Nino split "Good job" in 4 bubbles? Is she stuttering?

She's saying o-tsu-ka-re, it needed to be split, though I agree that it sounds stiff

Maybe use something like Good Job Back There

it's the exclamation marks after each syllable hyphens would be better?

MC is saying she's giving mixed signals so that's probably just Nino being weird. If you want to make it sound less stiff, maybe try removing the exclamation marks or do something like

*maybe

Oh, this one's good
for change it

Thanks user

>GO-
>OD.
>JO-
>B.

The point is this, it is supposed to show that she acknowledges his effort and tells him good job in a way in which she seems mad while doing so.

a reluctant compliment through gritted teeth as it were.

It was hilariously morbid. I can't look at the words Go toubun the same way again.

W-what's Nino going to do?

Get back at him.

What will she do if he stands up and she looks at his son?

I fear for his son, it may be in five parts soon.

Miku will save the day.

>Cockblocking.
>Saving.
No, she can stay with his bald generals.

Alright, This one should be done today if you guys are happy with this so far. I'll be sure to edit better, sorry. I'll say the dialogue out loud while reading the comic directly. An old editor's trick.

Question: Do people prefer *-san, *-chan etc.or not? I don't do memes so if there are some it is completely inadvertent. I could do sfx, which I forgot about, but that will result in a longer translation time. I am a native english speaker by every metric, if that's important. These grammar missteps were due to me changing the dialogue in the post box rather than in the txt file I had already proofread.

It should reflect that the TL is from jap -> eng using a chinese raw. Though, I am not sure if credits matter since this is a Sup Forums thing and we're all good anonymous friends.

I am not a scholar but I don't think Miku is happy with the idea of Fuutarou getting laid.

>Do people prefer *-san, *-chan etc
Yeah, don't localize them

>I could do sfx
If they're important and/or in bubbles, generally there's no need to TL them most of the time

>It should reflect that the TL is from jap -> eng using a chinese raw
*chink scan and yeah I agree, it wasn't clear, something like "JP Translation" and "Scans: Chinese" would be better

Good job user

Out of the five sisters, Nino is the one who's the closest to a H heroine.

>Yeah, don't localize them
All right, Yotsuba uses "Uesugi-san" instead of "Uesugi" and the homo calls Ichika "Ichika-chan".

>If they're important and/or in bubbles, generally there's no need to TL them most of the time
K

>Yeah I agree, it wasn't clear, something like "JP Translation" and "Scans: Chinese" would be better
I just want people to know there aren't any "middlemen" languages.

No sweetness in her. Unless she is one of 'em tsunderes she ain't gonna be thought of highly.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I feel like it's a ruse and he thought he was talking with fatty or someone else and spilled the beans about the midterm exam thinking to Nino.
>Yotsuba uses "Uesugi-san" instead of "Uesugi".
Now that's interesting, I feel the honorifics should stay but in any case it would be appreciated if you could inform how each sister address him and if this changes.

NINO THE FUCK!?

This strangely remind me that scene when Lelouch was taking the bath in S1 CG

mangaka really try to emphasize the nino tiddies as much as he can. Are they really of the same size actually?

>it would be appreciated if you could inform how each sister address him
The only thing of interest is each one refers to him differently.

Nino calls him "you" in tsunese and Miku has a lackadaisical way of referring to him that isn't really translate-able.

Yes. They all have big ones. A girl's tits look different in different clothes.

Thank you. It could use a little bit more work, but compared to LH's eyesore of a job you're a breath of fresh air.

>25 posters
This manga used to be more popular than this.

because probably should have used the standard image we've used for all the other threads,
give it time more people should notice it's a go toubun translation thread
it's been almost a month without a translated chapter, interest is sure to wain give it time to be uploaded to a reader and more people will appear

>standard image we've used for all the other threads,
This is the one I look for when I lurk.

>give it time to be uploaded to a reader
It still needs a few edits. This is still far more readable than the previous chapters which are understandable at best, usually puzzling, and duwang at worst. I didn't really know random readers just accept any submission. Makes me wonder if people lurk these threads to post the scanlation somewhere for good boy points.

>Makes me wonder if people lurk these threads to post the scanlation somewhere for good boy points.
I don't think it's popular enough for reddit to steal it. It'll be everywhere after if gets uploaded to batoto anyway.
Hope TS wakes up and fixes all the mistakes soon.

I have the feeling his blonde hair will be exposed next chapter.

>plot twist he's naturally blond but dyes his hair to avoid attention
I think he might be too poor to dye

I would think he considers buying hair dye as a necessary purchase just to maintain a model-student appearance.

There should be a comma after today. The line would also sound smoother if it was 'Today, just rest' or some other way to phrase 'good work today.'

TLer here

I first wanted to go with "For today, rest" but that felt really clunky. It is an extremely simple line to translate though.

>Persona 4 MC.
Is this on purpose I wonder?

I don't think the template image matters that much. There are less people bwcause it's been a month without translations.

Thank you so much for translating this chapter user! The quality of the translation was very high, and the English was understandable (which was nice).

I now believe each girl is incredibly high quality, so I hope they follow their mom's advice and share the love between all 5 of them.

Chapter 16 raws looking intense too. Nino going in there was a surprise, and I still really like Itsuki

I wonder how this would play out with Poorstudy-kun if the roles were reversed, the usual harem MC walks in on girl changing or bathing scene.

Translator here, I am going to put in all of my suggestions for an edit. I took some of 's edits and others just to aggregate what I think needs to be changed. Feel free to ignore if you have doubts.

>fix the first two boxes

Ichika -> Ichika-chan

>You probably drawn it out of her.
You probably drew it out of her.

>They're mad aren't they...
>They're mad, aren't they....

>Don't you think it is too early to give up to give up on seeing fireworks with them?
Don't you think it's a little early to give up on fireworks?

Uesugi -> Uesugi-san

>When you compare it to the one with skyrockets it fall short though.
I am changing this to be less dickish since Fuutarou wasn't being a dick, just blunt. The previous show had skyrockets so this fits. The literal translation is "It doesn't even compare to a fireworks display with skyrockets though"

>GO!
>OD!
>JO!
>B!
THANKS
FOR
THE
HELP

That is an acceptable. Just needs show reluctant but genuine gratitude.

>But I didn't tell you guys where we'd watch it from so I'm also partly to blame.
But I didn't tell you guys where we'd be watching it from so I share some of the blame.

>I failed too
I mostly failed this time too.

>This is for you.
Here, this is yours.

>That if one of us fails then all five of us would overcome it.
That if one of us screwed up then all five of us would overcome it.

Some of the bubbles are in the wrong place but I am not sure it matters.

>Miku! This is flashier and funner than a sparkler.
Miku! Don't you want one that's flashier than a sparkler? It's more fun.

The first translation was too literal.

>I'm not someone so easy to deal with so you better be prepared.
I'm the type you can deal with so easily so you better be prepared.

*zzzzzzzzzzzz*

>You really worked hard today
You really worked hard

>Rest today.
So for today, rest well.

so the chapters on batoto now then?
maybe this thread will get some more traffic...
if that's not your final copy TL user you might want to message a mod

>>When you compare it to the one with skyrockets it fall short though.
*falls short

Why is it there already? There are corrections that should be made for a better reading experience. Whatever.