ITT: brainlet anime

ITT: brainlet anime

At least it's better than Charlotte and Rewrite

You’re favourite

Never understood why people constantly cry about it, every semblance of emotion is blown far out of proportion and the grief each character suffers from breaks the suspension of disbelief to an extent that makes it difficult to empathize with them. Not to mention that virtually all of the cast come off as character archetypes with little development whatsoever, honestly it became more fun to watch clips of characters breaking down and crying than sticking around for them throughout the duration of the anime, of course I managed it though it was blatantly obvious that the writers were building up to plot-twists and tearjerking scenes the moment a character arc came into fruition that caused the show to become mind-numbingly predictable. I cry for no-one.

>just finished clannad and liked it a lot
>finally find a thread discussing it
>theyre just shitting on it
H-haha yeah it was so bad guys, s-so cheesy haha

>Hating on Clannad

Just finished the VN and really liked it. Was hoping to find threads here discussing the anime, but yeah

How is it compared to the anime? I was considering trying it but I've been holding off since I've never played a VN

Its slower than the anime, obviously, but much more in depth. If your waifu isn't Nagica, you have the possibility to get the other character routes. If you like the anime, you like the VN. Its insanely expensive on Steam outside sales though.

It's better, but don't buy it from Sekai Project

It's too long and the common route takes forever. But it's still worthwhile for some of the stories that got shafted in the anime. Get it and read your favorite girl's story.

>you're
How can you call someone else a brainlet when you can't even into grammar?

You don't have to dislike it, I merely find that it follows the exact same plot-line as Kanon with a different layer of paint - sure the characters may differ somewhat though generally it centres around the main character resolving the issues of a harem of attractive females with small character arcs to develop them the likes of which is something that I have a personal distaste for; I can understand if you appreciate the pacing though to me it seems to ignore that the collective trauma and issues one experiences throughout life cannot be resolved over the duration of a couple days and will always remain within one's life no matter how you grow past letting it consume you, Clannad in particular tends to outright erase the misfortunes of whichever particular character needs a back-drop through a couple episodes then proceeds to cast them off into the background as if they are no longer relevant nor constantly experiencing introspective thoughts and reflections on their lives - it would have been far greater to have had more perspective in my view and a reduced degree of participation from Tomoya balanced through greater interaction on Nagisa's part that would better re-enforce the relationship between the main characters whilst having an opportunity to see how their personalities alter when they are not around Tomoya the way real people do.

Its the un-natural and borderline synthetic manner in which the characters are connected that depletes the humanity of them, if you were to compare how they act at the beginning of Clannad to the final episodes you would not see a difference except that they had confronted their circumstances. Nonetheless their dialogues, interactions, mannerisms etc. would all remain the same whereas the average person you see on the street is in constant flux personality-wise and constantly fluctuating between moods whether they openly express it or not.

The anime where you're waifu is from

Are you OP? You could've written that in the OP post instead of "ITT: brainlet anime."

Nope, I seldom start threads and only if there is virtually zero discussion on whatever I've seen.

It was good,got me teary and was genuinely sad and it didn't bait me into crying like anohana,angel beats and your lie in april(the show at the end was basically telling us ''CRY PLEASE CRY SHE ACTUALLY LOVED HIM OH GOD'')

Your favorite anime

>Your

You're*

My bad

who is right?

I didn't care much for the anime.
But I did like picrelated
Is the VN worth playing?

This.
To be honest, if I were Tomoya I would have banged Kyou in the storage room and Tomoyo every morning she woke me up. Choosing the 10 y-o mindset girl over actual women was an irrational choice.

Charlotte was on a whole new level of bad.

It's a meme you dip

Lurk more fucking newfag.