Is Taiwan a part of China?

How do we defend it? If each one of us persuaded our countries to commit troops to Taiwan, may be it will continue to be free.

Attached: Taiwan-Volksrepublik_China.svg.png (1115x1024, 200K)

the PLA does not have the force projection necessary to occupy Taiwan militarily. Their navy is not up to the task.

>Is Taiwan a part of China?
No, that's the other way around.
We just need to find a way to exterminate the mainland chinks.

Both ROC and PRC agree that Taiwan is part of China

Even Taiwan itself thinks it is part of China. It's just that they think they're the real China

this

Taiwan is a part of China, PRC and ROC just disagree on who should rule China.

Taiwan is the legitimate government of China.

I've always wondered this, do people in mainland China still love Mao? Do they still hate Chang Kai-Shek? Do they at least give him the credit for doing the most work against Japan?

chinks are invaders of taiwan and need to be exterminated, there and everywhere

Fuck China and its currency.

Chiang Kai-Shek did not do most of the work, it was the average Chinese people that fought and died, Chiang was just a politician - and not a very good one at that.

I've talked to Mainlanders, and the ones I met didn't hate Chiang. They kind of just saw him as a historical figure.

if they dont want to be no,its their right to choose
and i dont see taiwanese people want to be part of dichtatorship

only if it is

Realistically, yes, he didn't fight personally, but when you ask someone who won the war against Japan one might say MacArthur. From what I know Mao's forces barely participated in the war against Japan.

>Both ROC and PRC agree that Taiwan is part of China
>Taiwan is a part of China, PRC and ROC just disagree on who should rule China.

There is actually a taiwanese independence movement as well which says that Taiwan is an independent country and not part of any China

>how do we defend a "country" that is basically exactly like china but without the whole rotten communist history, who equally pushes shitty fucking products on the world, and which is equally just as shady in every way china is

Taiwan is so far gone that I hope PRC invades soon.

>How do we defend it?
ISRAEL #1

Attached: 1464224013028.jpg (2966x1557, 694K)

Nobody is arguing that it's not a part of China - the country that Taiwan is a part of is literally called "Republic of China". It's just that the (Communist) government in Beijing and the (Republican) government in Taipei both claim to be the sole legitimate Chinese government, so in effect there are 2 "China"s. Imagine if the Confederates won the US civil war and the Union government retreated to Maine, and both sides claimed to be the "real" American government to this day.

not true
half true
only true on paper, a diplomatic merge is impossible now
true
half true, taiwan is not a part of china
if you say so
no, no, no
if you say so
an appreciated sentiment
true
true
half true, taiwan does not control its own destiny unless it capitulates
no
true
true
well informed if subjective post

this post is for your information only.

Gotta disagree here. Taiwanese products are much better. In many ways, Taiwan is more Japanese than Chinese?

>Chiang Kai-Shek did not do most of the work, it was the average Chinese people that fought and died
>DURR HURR WHY WASN'T THIS IMPORTANT FIGUREHEAD LINING HIMSELF UP TO GET SHOT ON THE FRONTLINE
They weren't living in an era of medieval warfare, retard.

They want independence, but they would have do an amendment to the ROC constitution to do so which isn't happening anytime soon. So basically Tsai is the leader of a country that she doesn't even want to exist anymore, kek.

Not until it's overrun by the PLA

****And by "they" I am talking DPP

The commies defeated the nationalists and reclaimed mainland China while the losers fled to an island. The PRC is the official, legitimate government of China.

Americans should know this because not only did we win a war against Britain, but we also suppressed the Confederacy insurgency during the Civil War.

The spoils of war goes to the winner not the losers.

The commies should have followed the nationalists to Taiwan and wiped them out.

>flag
>supporting jewish puppets

checks out

why didn't commie china just go after the kmt

why let them set themselves up on an island

>taiwanese independence movement

which is illegal

Except that the Taiwan independence movement disagrees on the definition of China. It doesn't include Taiwan at all.

China won't accept a seperate Taiwan especially with western allies. If they did their naval force projection would be absolutely fucked.

(You)

>Imagine if the Confederates won the US civil war and the Union government retreated to Maine, and both sides claimed to be the "real" American government to this day.

Exactly, another American understands because our history is similar (fought wars for independence and another war to save the union)

Obviously, the legitimate government is the side that wins.

american navy prevented them

Because they were broke as fuck and knew that the U.S. would turn them to ash if they tried it. Now they are confident enough to invade the island, in an attempt of power projection.

not necessarily true, the communist party can be seen as an illegitimate government as it overthrew the government decades ago and exiled it to taiwan. taiwan doesn't necessarily fall under mainland law, it has its own independent government. a claim of taiwan is not necessarily legal. murky waters.

because they didn't have a navy back then. ROC troops were ferried across by US

They're both more Japanese than Korean though.

>Except that the Taiwan independence movement disagrees on the definition of China.

In America you can still find people in the South who believes in the spirit of the Confederacy and wants to segregate from America. Nobody takes them seriously though and they have very little voice in public discourse. That's because the Union was very efficient in suppressing any remaining opposition after the Civil War (heavy military in the South during Reconstruction)

The Commies failed by allowing some powerful nationalist generals and leaders to flee and find a safe haven in Taiwan. Now they have to deal with bitching, whining, and crying.

>the communist party can be seen as an illegitimate government as it overthrew the government decades ago
then the US is also an illegitimate government as it was also founded by revolutionaries

>the communist party can be seen as an illegitimate government as it overthrew the government decades ago and exiled it to taiwan

Like how we first separated from the Great British Empire????

200 years ago the American colonies were viewed as the "illegitimate government"

That's just pathetic bro, coming from an American. That's history 101

Dude, if the commies really committed the war would last about an hour. The ROC can't stop PRC missile spam. Even the Taiwanese know this, but the game is to have the ROC be enough of a threat that the only way china could take the island would be to fully commit and take losses of their own.

They are massive weaboos. I read something like 25% of Taiwanese people have visited Japan at least once. BUt then again even mainland chinese love Japanese/Korean stuff now.

Taiwanese are better than chinks gooks nips
Despite having less resources, lands and population, There are many high-tech manufacturers
So, Google and Apple have laboratories in taiwan

Realistically, I dont think Taiwan will ever become independent. They'll either keep the current status quo going for as long as possible or get zerged.
Nobody is gonna want to wage total war against a nuclear power like China over an island in their backyard. It has strategic value to keep China contained but it wouldn't be worth it if it ends with a nuke shoved up your ass

Taiwan is part of China, but Taiwan is where the republican government went in exile during the communist revolution.

Taiwan is a province of China

Attached: 1510025950031.png (1164x904, 1.25M)

military bases shouldn't talk

I'm not even joking when I say this, but I think this whole thing is a scam.

Nah, man. Taiwan is the only legitimate government of China. therefore, we don't "defend" it, but rather we launch a full scale invasion of the mainland and liberate it from the godless commies and install the one true government of China.

this. if the US didn't do anything about the south china sea grab, it's going to do fuckall about taiwan

Many right wingers in Taiwan are pro-mainland (because Taiwan is "westernized" like South Korea) so maybe they don't have to

this
Mainland Chinese are the descendants of low IQ rural and suburban retard communist scum.

Taiwan is all high IQ city people.

>muh (((regime change)))

fuck off kike

> taiwanese independence movement

Yes, it is true, however both ruling party Democratic Progressive Party and main opposition party Kuomintang want to maintain current neither-independent-nor-united situation.
Taiwan Solidarity Union wants to establish an independent Republic of Taiwan but they got just 2.51% in last election and 0 seats.

the difference lies with the continuation of governance in taiwan, it can be called a prolonged war that has stabilized over the past decades. taiwan has also not been declared its own country by the international community and does not have legal sovereignty.

>taiwan has also not been declared its own country by the international community and does not have legal sovereignty.

but the PRC does. so what's your point?

You've never fucking been here, have you?

user, freedom of navigation and the defense agreement between taiwan and america.

there's a reason for that

>freedom of navigation
literally no one cares
>defense agreement between taiwan and america.
which is moot because

china as a whole has legal sovereignty and the vagueness of the one-china policy is intentional. it is not said whether taiwan or the mainland are the true rulers of china, and this lack of distinction is key.

Getting sanctioned by the US for even a weak would collapse them.
The biggest question is. Will chinks eat the island chinks after defeat them?

>it is not said whether taiwan or the mainland are the true rulers of china
define true

Truth is the situation almost certainly won't resolve in our lifetimes. There are really strong financial ties between Taiwan and China, a war between them would hurt China's economy. Although the idea of a US - China war over a little island like Taiwan is hard to imagine, simply letting China take Taiwan would massively damage US credibility on the world stage, so it's a real possibility. China can't/won't risk that happening. Similarly at this point allowing Taiwan to declare independence would damage China's reputation as a rising world power. They can't do that.

I expect the status quo to be maintained for decades.

america would certainly participate in a grab for china, the freedom of navigation is literally 'doing something' about the SCS because it is upsetting what china maintains is sovereign territory and the defense agreement is in place to keep china destabilized and focused on domestic issues rather than trying to take over the world. america would not stand idly by as china consolidates power, and does not. one belt one road, and the western response to it is one example.

why? PRC didn't establish trade with the US 'til 1979 and was fine, except for some of mao's retarded policies

I would disagree, as the Confederates surrendered and no longer exist or control any territory. On the other hand, the ROC got slapped pretty hard during the civil war and has lost a lot of formal diplomatic recognition, but it still exerts de facto soverignity over Taiwan, Kinmen, and Matsu.

true means legitimate and legal, as recognized by the international community. even in the military sense, china does not have control of taiwan, so taiwan is de facto an independent nation state, even if not internationally recognized as being one.

China belong to Taiwan

Attached: 965px-ROC_Administrative_and_Claims.svg.png (965x768, 268K)

>america would certainly participate in a grab for china,
you mean taiwan? they're not dumb enough to give you the opportunity
>the freedom of navigation is literally 'doing something' about the SCS because it is upsetting what china maintains is sovereign territory
what they care about is building military bases, which you have done fuckall about
> one belt one road, and the western response to it is one example.
what response? on right, nothing
>america would not stand idly by as china consolidates power
except you have to to avoid WW3

Correct. The status quo will continue to be maintained. From what I see, both the mainland and Taiwan will continue to whine but neither will rock the boat.

>true means legitimate and legal, as recognized by the international community.
ok, so this would be PRC
>so taiwan is de facto an independent nation state, even if not internationally recognized as being one.
ok, so it's de facto but not true. gotcha

quiet kike rat

War may not happen on Taiwan Island
but, It definitely will happen on Kinmen

Attached: kinmen.jpg (1156x854, 118K)

The mainland is rightfully part of China (aka Taiwan)

china is certainly 'dumb enough' to retake taiwan, there are plenty of incentives to do so and a quick google search would teach you a lot about this issue. the military bases were established to enforce control over the nine dash line and increase the legitimacy of their claim of the SCS and the freedom of navigation is decreasing the legitimacy of their claim by what is essentially 'violating sovereignty'. again you make an argument based on ignorance and a bit of research on the topic of one belt one road and the western response would teach you a lot. and america has multiple methods of 'sinking the chinks' as is said that do not require military intervention, which again you can do some research on to understand more about.

i'm not really here to argue with you, there's not much point to that. but do give this all an honest shake, if you haven't. i'm not saying you haven't, but it seems to me you haven't. china is a complex issue.

hate it whenever someone else with a singapore flag posts here

no, and wrong. i'm not going to sit here correcting you all day, do your own research and be open minded.

its owned by china. they wont let you near it. its that simple.

northern ireland is owned by the brits. they resisted with deadly force and were still not allowed to be independant

your faggotry will go no where and america is set to fall farther under the tax cuts and reckless donations to israel. currently 43 bil between 2 payments to israel set to be 50 bil by next year probably

What? Those are the ROC's land claims.

that's what you literally said according to your logic

and?

>all this text
you have literally said nothing of substance

Taiwan cannot be part of China because then America would be owned by Taiwan and I cannot live with that

prc is not recognized explicitly as the true ruling party of china.
>literally said according to your logic
>literally
>according to
oh, so you're a brainlet. this all makes sense now. you can do your part by owning firearms and knowing how to use them and shooting chinks on sight though, don't feel bad. just stay out of politics.

They're comical.

i responded to each main point explicitly. now you're a butthurt brainlet, just quit while you're at it dude. it's just a conversation.

>prc is not recognized explicitly as the true ruling party of china.
except by almost every country on earth, including the US

projection: the post

not as comical as the moron-in-chief

also Wang Jingwei did nothing wrong

no, china as a whole is recognized, not explicitly prc.

Mainland China is a multi-ethnic country, but they were united in anti-Jap
Taiwan, Please hate Jap
Let's make anti-Jap coal including South Korea
This is a means to counter America

what are you trying to communicate chang

nope, countries with diplomatic relations with PRC have to cut off relations with taiwan. that's the basis for establishing relations with PRC

Guys, you're all talking like this is some kind of long game PRC has set up to gradually erode support for ROC, and that the final strike will be any day now.

China and Taiwan couldn't be more different. Although China classifies Taiwan as a Special Autonomous Region like Aomen & HK, it most definitely isn't part of anything.

If you have your own flag, army, and airline you should qualify as a country, hell even the FIFA games still rate Taiwan as separate.

The thing about mainland China is, it's a fuckup. No one has any idea what's going on there, they shove ten people into the job one person should be doing to keep down unemployment. The people don't even know what the fucking law is since it keeps changing all the time. Not that it matters, because it's purely a case of who has the most money/influence. If you knock down a pedestrian, no matter if they were walking when the light was red, the police will only show up to act as negotiators to settle a pay out. In fact, pretty muhc every experience I've had with Chinese police has been with them acting as negotiators.

Taiwan is a civilised free country, China is like India without hte Indians.

BEST CHINA